T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Tmobile traded with someone else. They are already ridiculously fast here. I wonder if CA will come into play? 40mhz of PCS and 40mhz of AWS CA would be crazy.

Im test driving t mobile here in el paso... there band 4 20×20 mhz is live here, but congested... t mobile traded 20×20mhz pcs spectrum with Sprint.. what can T Mobile do with it

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

That should make our Ocala friends happy!

And apologies, I was was referring to my incomplete statement not anything you said.

[emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] Just made my day!! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Im test driving t mobile here in el paso... there band 4 20×20 mhz is live here, but congested... t mobile traded 20×20mhz pcs spectrum with Sprint.. what can T Mobile do with it

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I never thought a 20x20 could get congested. Tmobile is flying everywhere I go in Florida metro wise. Granted most of Florida is using band 4 and band 12 CA.

I know this is sudden but would you think maybe by the summer they would start putting this spectrum to use?

Possibly but it entirely depends on how quickly FCC evaluates and approves the deal. All parties will need to set up a lease entity so that they can coordinate their migration off each others spectrum. Once all sides are satisfied with preparations they will migrate quickly to their newly acquired spectrum. When they get to this point it's usually a mass software script set to reconfigure all technologies affected by the spectrum and a site a reboot which takes a few minutes. 

Looks like it. That upload dont lie. PCS will be the saving grace.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I was hoping they'd would something in my area but no such luck. :( Never mind ;), they did!

Edited by bigsnake49

I was hoping they'd would something in my area but no such luck. :( Never mind ;), they did!

Although they traded C3 block for D block. Not C4 which is a lease from Verizon to T-Mobile. Unless Sprint wants to do a separate transaction where they assume the lease from Verizon. Otherwise this swap does not make sense. C3 and C5 which Sprint owns already are not adjacent. However if they can get both the C3 and C4 blocks, combined with the C5 and G blocks, they can get a 20x20 channel. That would be sweet!

Edited by bigsnake49

The post by Tin (atomic50) is but just a passing overview and highlights of the T-mobile & Sprint spectrum swap.

We've stayed up til the candle whicks burned out discussing this deal and another that involves the Big Red.

Ofcourse an article is being written and will be out in time after some thorough analysis of the filings but let's just say it's yay for dozens upon dozens upon dozens of "markets" covering tens of millions of people.

Most intriguing!

Any time table on the articles press release. I'm really looking forward to it.

Most intriguing!

Any time table on the articles press release. I'm really looking forward to it.

Waiting on proofreading and edits from the higher ups. I was hoping to get it out by today but ofcourse plans always goes awry when you don't want it to. 

Generally speaking there's 49 BTA market trades. Almost all of them are for contiguous C block spectrum where their existing spectrum is traded straight up. Several involves outright acquisitions of spectrum which is presumably Sprint purchasing it. Some involves Sprint "giving away" spectrum and a few appears to be precursors to future trades. 

• Like 3

Waiting on proofreading and edits from the higher ups. I was hoping to get it out by today but ofcourse plans always goes awry when you don't want it to. 

Generally speaking there's 49 BTA market trades. Almost all of them are for contiguous C block spectrum where their existing spectrum is traded straight up. Several involves outright acquisitions of spectrum which is presumably Sprint purchasing it. Some involves Sprint "giving away" spectrum and a few appears to be precursors to future trades. 

Something tells me that Sprint and Verizon might be trading soon.

They are.

I want them to buy/lease the c4 block from Verizon in my area so that they can get a contiguous 20x20 channel going after EVDO is shut down. Then I want them to buy the H block from Dish for cheap for later.

Trading some band 41 for pcs?

Shhhhhh...people here don't want to hear that! On the other hand, I am a big advocate :). Just remember that a 20MHz TDD block in a 6:3:1 config is equivalent to a 12x12 FDD block at the same frequency. So if Verizon wants to trade a 10x10 PCS block for a 20MHz b41 block, I would say that's a fair trade. Something tells me that Verizon might go for trades like that in truly urban environments like NYC and San Fran, maybe Chicago.

Edited by bigsnake49

Shhhhhh...people here don't want to hear that! On the other hand, I am a big advocate :). Just remember that a 20MHz TDD block in a 6:3:1 config is equivalent to a 12x12 FDD block at the same frequency. So if Verizon wants to trade a 10x10 PCS block for a 20MHz b41 block, I would say that's a fair trade. Something tells me that Verizon might go for trades like that in truly urban environments like NYC and San Fran, maybe Chicago.

I vote no. I don't like that. Especially considering sprint has the 15x15 PCS B in NYC already. I'm doubtful Sprint will eat to give up their most valuable spectrum in their most densely populated market for a bit more PCS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1