T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

I vote no. I don't like that. Especially considering sprint has the 15x15 PCS B in NYC already. I'm doubtful Sprint will eat to give up their most valuable spectrum in their most densely populated market for a bit more PCS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Meanwhile sprint disagregated and partitioned several contiguous A and B block holdings for C block spectrum in their recent proposed spectrum swaps.

Meanwhile sprint disagregated and partitioned several contiguous A and B block holdings for C block spectrum in their recent proposed spectrum swaps.

They want C block spectrum contiguous to their G block. I think they are aiming for C Block + G Block for a contiguous 20x20 block. My question is why did they wait so long? I am addressing that to all the carriers. Did they have legacy 3G traffic that is now easing?

Edited by bigsnake49

Let's be honest dish/Tmo/sprint will all come to a head with the next president. Vzw better move fast before sprint doesn't need to. However, Dt basically said Tmo isn't for sale anymore.....for this year at least. Seems to me Marcelo and Son have worked something with Dt... Tentatively for now.

They want C block spectrum contiguous to their G block. I think they are aiming for C Block + G Block for a contiguous 20x20 block. My question is why did they wait so long? I am addressing that to all the carriers. Did they have legacy 3G traffic that is now easing?

Take that long?

Att, VZW, and tmobile has been doing spectrum realignment for years now.

Meanwhile Sprint operates on sprint time.

• Like 3

Take that long?

Att, VZW, and tmobile has been doing spectrum realignment for years now.

Meanwhile Sprint operates on sprint time.

I have only heard them trading this past year or so. You are right about Sprint time, though ;).

Yes but they've achieved those means by trading PCS, not BRS.

Sprint will never trade away BRS, just PCS which will help the other carriers as well as Sprint.

Consider that any PCS trade Sprint does will be instantly beneficial to both parties. Trading BRS is useless since the new carrier can't deploy it with a ton of new equipment.

• Like 3

Sprint will never trade away BRS, just PCS which will help the other carriers as well as Sprint.

Consider that any PCS trade Sprint does will be instantly beneficial to both parties. Trading BRS is useless since the new carrier can't deploy it with a ton of new equipment.

Not necessarily instantly. There will be a transition period but it will be measured in months.

Most carriers have enough spectrum for now. I am sure that Sprint will not trade BRS but EBS leases. EBS spectrum will be insurance for the future for whoever acquired it.

Just remember that a 20MHz TDD block in a 6:3:1 config is equivalent to a 12x12 FDD block at the same frequency. 

So with B41 2xCA is the combined channel essentially equivalent to 24x24 FDD? Except for heavily favoring downlink of course.

Oh man, a 20x20 block of B25 nationwide would be sweet.

3gpp has standardized FDD LTE carrier bandwith as 1.4/3/5/10/15/20.

A TDD LTE carrier is likewise but gets it download and upload speeds from the time allocated to downlink or uplink population.

In the configuration sprint is using its slightly superior to a 10x10 fdd lte carrier on the downlink and inferior on the uplink.

There's is no such thing as 12x12 or whatever.

• Like 1

3gpp has standardized FDD LTE carrier bandwith as 1.4/3/5/10/15/20.

A TDD LTE carrier is likewise but gets it download and upload speeds from the time allocated to downlink or uplink population.

In the configuration sprint is using its slightly superior to a 10x10 fdd lte carrier on the downlink and inferior on the uplink.

There's is no such thing as 12x12 or whatever.

Equivalent in performance.

Actually equivalent in performance to a 12x6 FDD channel. 

In terms of downlink versus uplink, TDD can be configured myriad ways.  So, I am not sure why you insist on pushing this "12x6" equivalence.  It is not really helpful.

But if we are treading down that path, maybe we should describe a T-Mobile 20 MHz FDD market as really "5x20" -- because that downlink is getting pounded by overuse, while the uplink is still flying along.  How is that for equivalence?  Is that helpful?

AJ

• Like 7

In terms of downlink versus uplink, TDD can be configured myriad ways.  So, I am not sure why you insist on pushing this "12x6" equivalence.  It is not really helpful.

But if we are treading down that path, maybe we should describe a T-Mobile 20 MHz FDD market as really "5x20" -- because that downlink is getting pounded by overuse, while the uplink is still flying along.  How is that for equivalence?  Is that helpful?

AJ

My comparison is unloaded channels. I am sure that Sprint can configure their 20MHz channels anyway they want. 6:3:1 is the current configuration. I am sure they can configure them as supplemental downlinks if they wanted to.

It would be nice if Sprint would try to do spectrum swaps to obtain as many 10x10 C-block PCS spectrum so that eventually they can do LTE CA between the C+G blocks.

No need to do CA on adjacent blocks.

• Like 1

It would be nice if Sprint would try to do spectrum swaps to obtain as many 10x10 C-block PCS spectrum so that eventually they can do LTE CA between the C+G blocks.

C block is contiguous with G block. Why bother with CA when they could just use a larger size carrier?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Let's be honest dish/Tmo/sprint will all come to a head with the next president. Vzw better move fast before sprint doesn't need to. However, Dt basically said Tmo isn't for sale anymore.....for this year at least. Seems to me Marcelo and Son have worked something with Dt... Tentatively for now.

I'd imagine that it is Comcast.  Comcast was going to buy TWC for BIG bucks.  Now Charter is wanting to get TWC and Bright House, and here Comcast is sitting quiet. 

Comcast showed a little interest in TMobile, so I bet it is them.  Or at least a group of cable companies.  IIRC sometime this year Comcast, Charter, Cox and a couple others get to access VZW AWS for free. 

I'd imagine that it is Comcast.  Comcast was going to buy TWC for BIG bucks.  Now Charter is wanting to get TWC and Bright House, and here Comcast is sitting quiet. 

Comcast showed a little interest in TMobile, so I bet it is them.  Or at least a group of cable companies.  IIRC sometime this year Comcast, Charter, Cox and a couple others get to access VZW AWS for free. 

Not free. They can become MVNO's

C block is contiguous with G block. Why bother with CA when they could just use a larger size carrier?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hopefully they can trade spectrum so that they end up with 20x20 or at the least 15x15 of PCS C+G spectrum. That's nothing to sneeze at.