HELP NEEDED! network.sprint.com has added some new sites, please cull your area and submit to this thread!

I found those instructions and tried them as well back when I was setting the Airave up. It still didn't work. I would never get a green light on "Mobile". Like I said, it's no big deal for me now. If I ever get to the point where I really need cell coverage at home I will have another go at it. Thanks for helping though!

I remember my first time around didn't work using the 1st post. There were later posts in that thread with different port numbers that got me up and running

I've been out to the site on brannan field road. Its a monopole with a flag on the top that was on the news recently around memorial day. It doesn't have any external panels that I can see but it is broadcasting 3g and its pretty fast. I haven't checked out the base station equipment yet but I'm in the area everyday because I work in that area.

Do you know how fast the 3G is at the tower i might be staying close around that area in July some time and would like to know, Thanks

Do you know how fast the 3G is at the tower i might be staying close around that area in July some time and would like to know, Thanks

In the early morning hours its 2megs+ and in the afternoon to evening time its about 1meg. The speeds from that tower is about the best in that area.

Oh would you happen to know about the one by Paul C Armstrong park or the one behind the tire kingdom if there any fast might also be by that area of Lakeside and Fleming and Middleburg.

Oh would you happen to know about the one by Paul C Armstrong park or the one behind the tire kingdom if there any fast might also be by that area of Lakeside and Fleming and Middleburg.

no I used to work in that area about 8 months ago. The speeds are ok in the morning hours but a little slow in the afternoon. It may have received band aid fixes since the last time I visited that area. I'm on brannan field road, blanding Blvd (near county road 218), and the lake asbury area of green cove. Tuesday thru Saturday.

New tower in Salinas, CA. Zip code is 93901. its located off Brunken Road between Brunken and Elvee Court.

Oddly enough it used to be immediatly adjacent to another tower (according to Sprint's maps) that was scheduled to receive the band-aid fixes. That tower is no longer listed on Sprint's site. Despite this new tower, there have been no improvements. I wonder if this new tower is an old Nextel tower that was repurposed. It first popped up around mid May.

• Like 1

New tower in Salinas, CA. Zip code is 93901. its located off Brunken Road between Brunken and Elvee Court.

Oddly enough it used to be immediatly adjacent to another tower (according to Sprint's maps) that was scheduled to receive the band-aid fixes. That tower is no longer listed on Sprint's site. Despite this new tower, there have been no improvements. I wonder if this new tower is an old Nextel tower that was repurposed. It first popped up around mid May.

It's possible that they were not able to renew the lease on the other nearby site. It's tough to say at this point.

Robert

did not think about that. I haven't been out there in person to look around to see if there are 2 towers. According to Google Earth's images there is only 1 tower. The location itself is in the middle of a bare field near some railroad tracks, so public access might not be a possibility.

• 3 weeks later...

There are two new towers in the Chicago metro area. One is smack dab in the middle of O'Hare Airport

new%20tower%20ohare.JPG

The other is in the Indiana Dunes area, by Marquette Park.

new%20tower%20dunes.JPG

I looked all around the area and those were the only two I found.

Edited by jmafisher
  • Like 2

Found a New tower in San Diego. My iPad wont let me post the picture. I'll try to upload it tomorrow.

This might be the tower that Matthew9543 mentioned:

Looks like the corner of Bristow Ct and Brittania Blvd in Otay accross the Tijuana Airport:

ScreenShot2012-07-19at10008PM.png

What's the agreement with international bleeding? Verizon bleeds a lot into Tijuana, I sometimes roam on it, and I can sometimes get 3G service outside the Tijuana Airport.

This might be the tower that Matthew9543 mentioned:

Looks like the corner of Bristow Ct and Brittania Blvd in Otay accross the Tijuana Airport:

ScreenShot2012-07-19at10008PM.png

What's the agreement with international bleeding? Verizon bleeds a lot into Tijuana, I sometimes roam on it, and I can sometimes get 3G service outside the Tijuana Airport.

That was the tower! Don't know if it is gonna be part of LTE but we'll find out.

i called sprint today and asked her that why my internet was so slow she checked the system and after some minutes she came back to tell me that on this moments they are workin in my area upgrading to 4glte am in san jose ca and am wondering if thats really true

i called sprint today and asked her that why my internet was so slow she checked the system and after some minutes she came back to tell me that on this moments they are workin in my area upgrading to 4glte am in san jose ca and am wondering if thats really true

This is unrelated to the forum topic. There is an article related to san jose here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-298-san-josesouth-bay-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/ . Short answer is not till fall or later.

• 3 weeks later...

This tower was placed in Bronx New York. I spoke to a Rep and he told me that the NV has an estimate of completion of October in New York. I hope he was wrong and NV happens sooner but we will just have to wait.

Untitled-1-1.png

I don't think NYC is scheduled to launch until October according to Robert's article http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-279-new-york-city-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

According to the running deployment list http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/ NYC has a launch of November and completion May 2013

• Like 1

I think at the earliest it will "launch" is October. But it will be much, much longer until it completes.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 1 month later...