HELP NEEDED! network.sprint.com has added some new sites, please cull your area and submit to this thread!

This picture is today, 2 days after the guys were on the tower.

Do the 2 different sized panels mean its a NV tower?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=fcd184f93f&view=att&th=136fb03c45d2e408&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=fcd184f93f&view=att&th=136fb03c45d2e408&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Edited by Marvelgoalie

Are they posting NV upgrades on network.sprint.com now in addition to the "band aid" fixes? It seems like there are more blips popping up on the map, but I could just be off base.

Can you post these pictures on photobucket or some other site like it and then I can tell you about the tower.

Rickie

Are they posting NV upgrades on network.sprint.com now in addition to the "band aid" fixes? It seems like there are more blips popping up on the map, but I could just be off base.

NV sites are not posted there, but if you join this site as a sponsor you can view sites done and much more great stuff!

Shentel is a Sprint affiliate. Its a private company that pays Sprint to use its network/spectrum and name. Sprint only has two affiliates left. Shentel (in your area) and Swiftel (in S. Dakota).

For the most part, Shentel is a good affiliate that provides superior performance in its rural and tertiary markets than Sprint does. Also, Shentel will have a mostly fiber backed network with NV/LTE.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

wait, i thought there was one in West Kansas though too, no???....remember pointing out the question on the future LTE map and how it cut off West Kansas coverage for LTE when it currently looks to blanket the area on network for 3G...

Or is that area not an affiliate and rather referred to something else??

pretty sure is a roaming agreement to be shown to "sprint coverage", kinda like pioneer was for sw of Wichita, and Oklahoma

ahh okay. yeah b/c it doesn't show up when zoomed in as shaded roaming it shows as native sprint coverage which was odd b/c the coverage was real thick there it seemed and then completely left out of the LTE coverage...

ahh okay. yeah b/c it doesn't show up when zoomed in as shaded roaming it shows as native sprint coverage which was odd b/c the coverage was real thick there it seemed and then completely left out of the LTE coverage...

Western KS is mostly Nex-Tech Wireless out of Hays. It's a Sprint Roaming Alliance Member. The Dodge City, Garden City, KS area is another company. But Nex-Tech has great coverage and speed. Hope Sprint lets them use spectrum for LTE since Verizon has it now in some of those areas.

• Like 1

Western KS is mostly Nex-Tech Wireless out of Hays. It's a Sprint Roaming Alliance Member. The Dodge City, Garden City, KS area is another company. But Nex-Tech has great coverage and speed. Hope Sprint lets them use spectrum for LTE since Verizon has it now in some of those areas.

So a "Roaming Alliance Member" is something that allows Sprint to say its "their" native "On-Network" coverage on their maps, and is completely different than roaming agreements set with other carriers?

So a "Roaming Alliance Member" is something that allows Sprint to say its "their" native "On-Network" coverage on their maps, and is completely different than roaming agreements set with other carriers?

I was thinking of how to explain it but will let wikipedia say it for me,

Affiliates of SprintNextel Corp. and Sprint Rural Alliance

CDMA Affiliates: Swiftel in Brookings, South Dakota;[9] Shentel in northern Virginia, and parts of Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia.

CDMA Partners (SRA Members): Alaska DigiTel in Alaska; NTelos in West Virginia, and western Virginia; NexTech Wireless in Kansas, and part of Colorado; Pioneer Cellular in Kansas and Oklahoma, in which their agreement ends on March 1, 2012.

Sprint Affiliates are those carriers who use the Sprint name to offer their services yet operate their own network and use Sprint SIDs.

Sprint Partners are those carriers who use their own equipment and also sell their own service. In addition to allowing Sprint to use their equipment, they allow Sprint to hold their licenses in that area.

Sprint Partners are known as "Sprint Rural Alliance" (SRA).

North Royalton Ohio, zip code 44133, new tower being reported. I would add a pic but cant figure out how.

North Royalton Ohio, zip code 44133, new tower being reported. I would add a pic but cant figure out how.

Save a screenshoot, upload to photosharing site like photobucket then share the link here. Can't post files directly here to keep cost down.

There are 3 new towers going up by the highway on my way to work. In these areas sprints speed is 50kbps -100kbps.

But none of these show up on sprints network map.

Would dissapoint me to no end if they are verizon or at&t as both those carriers have great signal and speeds in those areas already.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

There is a new tower in Tampa at zipcode 33647, I dont have a screen shot at this time. It Is listed as a new tower on Sprint.com but doesn't show up here as one of the towers getting new vision. Maybe you dont have it in your database yet since its new?

I live in the currently cursed south Chicago area.

Their is a brand new tower just built along my route to work, but its not shown on the sprint map. No signs on it saying who its for, was built in April, which is the correct time frame for the Joliet area. (This is like 15 minutes south of Joliet).

The location on the new tower is right where the middle Route 53 symbol is, just north of W. Mississippi road. Its right on the road, at the edge of a farmer's pasture. I'll try to take a picture in the morning on my way home.

Sean, superior dropper of phone calls since April 2012. here is link to map. Right by the town of Elwood in Illinois.

http://www.pbase.com/khromer/image/143097367

Edited by Wolvan

I live in the currently cursed south Chicago area.

Their is a brand new tower just built along my route to work, but its not shown on the sprint map. No signs on it saying who its for, was built in April, which is the correct time frame for the Joliet area. (This is like 15 minutes south of Joliet).

The location on the new tower is right where the middle Route 53 symbol is, just north of W. Mississippi road. Its right on the road, at the edge of a farmer's pasture. I'll try to take a picture in the morning on my way home.

Sean, superior dropper of phone calls since April 2012. here is link to map. Right by the town of Elwood in Illinois.

http://www.pbase.com...image/143097367

Is this the area??

ellwoodtower.jpg

Is this the area??

ellwoodtower.jpg

That is it. It is higher then the other towers I've seen around too. Brand new. Doesn't have much of a base station equipment set up around it currently, just a small box on the fence. Hasn't helped my signal either.

Who's tower is it going to be?

That is it. It is higher then the other towers I've seen around too. Brand new. Doesn't have much of a base station equipment set up around it currently, just a small box on the fence. Hasn't helped my signal either.

Who's tower is it going to be?

SBA towers is the ones who put it up, they do alot with at&t so thats my first thought...but others do use them as well. so keep an eye and check out signs on and base station equipment.

just went through the maps in my area. nothing new really although i did notice the 2 towers that are around my parents house that are sprint towers got upgraded last week with new antanaes and microwave dishes are not listed on the sprint site.

just went through the maps in my area. nothing new really although i did notice the 2 towers that are around my parents house that are sprint towers got upgraded last week with new antanaes and microwave dishes are not listed on the sprint site.

Could be NV which is no currently listed on Sprint's site. You know the general address??

Could be NV which is no currently listed on Sprint's site. You know the general address??

1 is village park/471 and the other is tezel/guilbeau in san antonio.