HELP NEEDED! network.sprint.com has added some new sites, please cull your area and submit to this thread!

https://network.spri...3%2C-77.050638/

Crystal City, VA near the Crystal City Metro station and DCA 38.857823,-77.050638

https://network.spri...t+bethel%2C+mn/

East Bethel, MN County Hwy 18 & Lexington Ave NE

Got both entered in. Thanks!

Robert

Maybe, but The one at Hualapai way and the 159 is easy to see.

Edit: Wow, even in street view it looks great!

Yeah, Summerlin stopped growing in that area long ago. South Summerlin, Mountain's Edge in the south and Centennial Hills in the North are the new growth areas in Vegas.

Columbia, MO

Got it. Thanks!

However, there is another New Tower located in the far NW corner of the Las Vegas area... just off the I95 at Horse Dr... it is West of a large park called Floyd Lamb Park.

Got it. This one is definitely new. Thanks!

Robert

• Like 1

I'm just teasing Ben. :)

And the one off of US 95 looks to possibly be on a street lamp on Oso Blanca Rd. Too bad the map doesn't zoom in any closer. And Robert, this one isn't listed on your Vegas map in the Sponsors section.

This is the same site that Ben posted west of Floyd Lamb Park.

what I've done is find the location of the tower the best i can on Sprints maps, then go to google maps (satellite view) and try to find the tower.

Edit: works well for the tower at s hualapai and the 159.. you can see the tower just west of the Bank of Nevada.

I use mapper.acme.com. It's easy to harvest the GPS coords from that one. I can also quickly switch between Google Terrain, Google Maps and Satellite with Acme Mapper. Highly recommend.

I'm not having any trouble finding these sites. All are either building rooftops or existing co-located sites. Satellite imagery is a great thing. Keep 'em coming!

Robert

• Like 1

This is the same site that Ben posted west of Floyd Lamb Park.

I looked on Google Maps for that site and not only does it not show up on Google satellite view, but Street View doesn't show even the Storage One facility by the area. Google is falling behind on their work of mapping the world. :lol:

I looked on Google Maps for that site and not only does it not show up on Google satellite view, but Street View doesn't show even the Storage One facility by the area. Google is falling behind on their work of mapping the world. :lol:

It shows on Acme Mapper. Neat looking palm tree right next to the storage place.

gallery_1_1_176681.jpg

• Like 2

Just as I figured, nothing new here in the red headed step child area. But at least the upgrades are back! Yay!

same here in 29569. sprint hasn't put a new tower up here in probably over 10 years or more. there's a huge gap of coverage east of 29569 and west of 29569. these places are highly populated and every other provider but t-mobile and sprint has towers every 2 to 3 miles apart in this county. t-mobile has better coverage than sprint even, but they both drop the ball big time here. i'm sure 800mhz will help out but really they need one more tower in the center of the big gap east of 29569 and 2 towers west of 29569. eh whatever they only care about the big metro cities.

It shows on Acme Mapper. Neat looking palm tree right next to the storage place.

gallery_1_1_176681.jpg

Thanks Robert. I wish they were adding a new Tower in Pahrump closer to me though.

same here in 29569. sprint hasn't put a new tower up here in probably over 10 years or more. there's a huge gap of coverage east of 29569 and west of 29569. these places are highly populated and every other provider but t-mobile and sprint has towers every 2 to 3 miles apart in this county. t-mobile has better coverage than sprint even, but they both drop the ball big time here. i'm sure 800mhz will help out but really they need one more tower in the center of the big gap east of 29569 and 2 towers west of 29569. eh whatever they only care about the big metro cities.

I understand your frustration. However, coverage complaints are not the purpose of this thread. I have excellent coverage in my rural area. Sprint's rural coverage is highly variable. But, it is better than Tmo in 90% of areas. You live in one of the anomaly areas, then.

And although AT&T does have better rural coverage than Sprint, AT&T loves to stick it to their rural customers. Sprint is putting LTE over it's entire coverage area. AT&T said they will not because it is throwing a tantrum about not being able to buy out Tmo and is sticking a big middle finger up at their rural customers who want LTE.

Robert

• Like 2

I understand your frustration. However, coverage complaints are not the purpose of this thread. I have excellent coverage in my rural area. Sprint's rural coverage is highly variable. But, it is better than Tmo in 90% of areas. You live in one of the anomaly areas, then.

And although AT&T does have better rural coverage than Sprint, AT&T loves to stick it to their rural customers. Sprint is putting LTE over it's entire coverage area. AT&T said they will not because it is throwing a tantrum about not being able to buy out Tmo and is sticking a big middle finger up at their rural customers who want LTE.

Robert

The Judge has spoken ;)

New Tower in the east LA area: Just NE of the I-10 and I-5 intersection, near Ascot Hills Park.

Hypeo already reported that one. Thanks.

Robert

• Like 1

Here's a new one that went up recently in my area. In between Maynard Rd and Chapel Hill Rd/54, kinda off Durham St.

Andddd wtf how do I attach/upload a picture? I feel so dumb for asking this as I'm very computer experienced but I don't see any option lol

• Like 1

Here's a new one that went up recently in my area. In between Maynard Rd and Chapel Hill Rd/54, kinda off Durham St.

Andddd wtf how do I attach/upload a picture? I feel so dumb for asking this as I'm very computer experienced but I don't see any option lol

Don't feel dumb, I have wanted to attach a pic to a couple posts too.. but was unable to find the "attach button," myself.

Don't feel dumb, I have wanted to attach a pic to a couple posts too.. but was unable to find the "attach button," myself.

You need to upload the photo to photo bucket or something similar, get the image link url and then click image button while posting a reply and then paste the link there.

• Like 1

You need to upload the photo to photo bucket or something similar, get the image link url and then click image button while posting a reply and then paste the link there.

Or sign up for DropBox: http://db.tt/ORwcIuSo

Thanks, Guys! I was hoping there would be just a simple attachment button in the reply box, or something.. and I was just missing it. Makes it easier and quicker that way, imo. Certainly eliminates a few steps anyway.

Thanks, Guys! I was hoping there would be just a simple attachment button in the reply box, or something.. and I was just missing it. Makes it easier and quicker that way, imo. Certainly eliminates a few steps anyway.

No problem

I didn't find any in my hometown. I looked around Manhattan KS, Wichita KS, and Topeka KS but did not find any. I did happen to find this one in North Liberty Missouri.

northlibertymissouri.png

No new towers in dirty old Mississippi, but it was nice to see that they're again planning to make their rounds to the towers in the city that get so much traffic and upgrade backhaul/ capacity. That's certainly new and a welcome thing. The speeds around my area are usually pretty good after the initial round of upgrades last year, but future proofing is always welcome ;)

• Like 1

Found this one in Indianapolis.

Edit: Hey! The picture didn't show up

I give up on the screenshot... It is just a little south of the downtown area @ about Kentucky and S West St.

Edited by AJames25

Found this one in Indianapolis.

Edit: Hey! The picture didn't show up

I give up on the screenshot... It is just a little south of the downtown area @ about Kentucky and S West St.

AJames,read the info posted above about putting pictures in posts. Will help out greatly!

Rickie

AJames,read the info posted above about putting pictures in posts. Will help out greatly!

Rickie

Thanks Rickie. I saw that after I tried to just paste it in. But sadly no dropbox or photobucket acounts...

Thanks Rickie. I saw that after I tried to just paste it in. But sadly no dropbox or photobucket acounts...

AJames, Dropbox is free and quick to sign up with. Plus if you use the link i posted, you will get an extra 500MB on top of the 2GB starting size.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• Like 2