HELP NEEDED! network.sprint.com has added some new sites, please cull your area and submit to this thread!

Are we still updating this post?

Yes. Thanks. :tu:

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

For some reason I can't post pictures tonight. Must be my browser.

Anyway, I found 3 new sites in California:

1) Near Inglewood and Century

http://dl.dropbox.co...d_inglewood.jpg

2) Near Century City off Highway 2

http://dl.dropbox.co...highway%202.jpg

3) Near the Red Mountain Reservoir off I-15 just outside of Fallbook.

http://dl.dropbox.co...20off%20i15.jpg

Edit: Found a 4th one in San Diego:

4) Southern most part of San Diego not far from the Tijuana International Airport

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6340907/San%20Diego%20by%20Mexico%20Border.jpg

Edited by MacinJosh

Search zipcode 32259 on Sprint.com/network then scroll up just slightly from the first tower. Then after you take note of that one, scroll up a little bit more and you'll find the second one. :)

EDIT: This is Jacksonville, Florida.

The reason there are not any north county San Diego reporting is because there is still nothing good to report. Same spoty 3g service on not a hint of 4 g of any kind. The sprint map says "improved data and cell coverage near 56 and 15 freeway but I work in sabre springs and have no phone service/sport while at work and no data coverage on my late s3.

There is a new tower in north San Diego County near the town of Rainbow, CA. No marker appears on the map however the new tower is listed in the legend in the lower left hand corner. I might have to drive out there and investigate.

new tower in rainbow, ca

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the location of a Sprint site not on S4GRU. The suspected location is a tall off-campus dorm-type apartment with other cellular carriers on it. The possibly, but not likely location is a clock tower that Verizon had constructed to replace a COW they had permanently stationed at the university. Sprint isn't likely to be here because it is likely a VZ exclusive tower. If I can get that way, I'll try to grab some photos or other indicators of which site they're actually at.

UP new Sprint site Google Earth.PNG

UP new Sprint site network.sprint.com.PNG

Here is the location of a Sprint site not on S4GRU. The suspected location is a tall off-campus dorm-type apartment with other cellular carriers on it. The possibly, but not likely location is a clock tower that Verizon had constructed to replace a COW they had permanently stationed at the university. Sprint isn't likely to be here because it is likely a VZ exclusive tower. If I can get that way, I'll try to grab some photos or other indicators of which site they're actually at.

It is possible that Sprint is not on the Verizon tower at that location, but is on a school DAS system or a Sprint In-Building Solution. If so, that would explain why it is not on our maps.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

It is possible that Sprint is not on the Verizon tower at that location, but is on a school DAS system or a Sprint In-Building Solution. If so, that would explain why it is not on our maps.

How common are DAS, in-building, micro-cell, etc. installations for Sprint?

Would they be excluded from your listings across the board or just more likely to be missing than standard towers?

How common are DAS, in-building, micro-cell, etc. installations for Sprint?

Would they be excluded from your listings across the board or just more likely to be missing than standard towers?

They are pretty common. It seems that very few DAS systems are in our database. And there are no in-building solutions in our database at all. Currently, there are no micro cell deployments by Sprint. They will start some testing of those in the field some time in 2013.

In most cases DAS systems and in-building solutions are handled under private contracts and are not really considered part of the macro network. In the few cases they are, they are shown on our maps. In-Building Solutions are typically only done for large Sprint customers as a part of their service contract with Sprint. They are common at universities, hospitals, government agencies, and large corporations who use Sprint.

• Like 1

They are pretty common. It seems that very few DAS systems are in our database. And there are no in-building solutions in our database at all. Currently, there are no micro cell deployments by Sprint. They will start some testing of those in the field some time in 2013.

In most cases DAS systems and in-building solutions are handled under private contracts and are not really considered part of the macro network. In the few cases they are, they are shown on our maps. In-Building Solutions are typically only done for large Sprint customers as a part of their service contract with Sprint. They are common at universities, hospitals, government agencies, and large corporations who use Sprint.

How likely is there to be a hand-off issue between DAS\in-building and the macro network such as we've been experiencing in Chicago with Motorola\Samsung?

How likely is there to be a hand-off issue between DASin-building and the macro network such as we've been experiencing in Chicago with MotorolaSamsung?

I believe that Sprint does not have any Motorola DAS systems, so this may not be an issue. But I do not know for certain. Although I have heard of hand off issues with DAS systems before, but never learned any contributing specifics.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Here's one in downtown Louisville, KY:

louisville1.jpg

I wonder if this is an inbuilding solution for sprint? It appears to be right on top of the KFC Yum Center. There are two other towers within about a 1/4 mile of this one. I noticed that I had better signal inside, about 4 bars or so, but data is still useless. During halftime I can't even open google.com. Last year I had either no signal or roaming inside the arena. Louisville's next game is Saturday, I'll look around a bit and see if i see anything.

I had to look up KFC Yum Center, it was new to me. I thought maybe it was a big research facility working on the elusive 12th herb and spice.

:lol: These are my seats for this season. One of the perks of being a student, cheap season tickets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olex0fwr446c4n8/2012-11-11%2015.41.27.jpg

• Like 1

Yuma AZ has a lable with a new tower on the notification box on the bottom but no actual location.

yvybypav.jpg

Thanks for posting it. It was in the NV Sites Update last week. We have the site location in the Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for posting it. It was in the NV Sites Update last week. We have the site location in the Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have an idea of where the towers are located, I posted some pictures of the new towers in the Yuma thread

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Finally got lit up last night in my subdivision. Had been stuck in a 3G pocket for a while with other areas around being upgraded. Don't see the tower on the NV Deployment maps. Kingwood, TX 77339

LTEUpgrade.jpg