HELP NEEDED! network.sprint.com has added some new sites, please cull your area and submit to this thread!

1 is village park/471 and the other is tezel/guilbeau in san antonio.

sorry took so long, but don't have info on San Antonio site dates. If the new antenna is longer and has a box behind it, then it's NV.

It couldn't though. I visit imperial beach everyday and there is not a tower near us at all

It could be a base station on top of a preexisting building instead of an actual tower.

• 2 weeks later...

So Im looking at the map Near hammond Indiana which is supposed to either have live LTE or have had it for testing. But not one of the towers in the area says it has had any data speed or capacity upgrades. My question is how accurate do you think this info is and what would a tower's status say if it has been readied for LTE but isnt active yet. If LTE is or was tested in this area shouldnt atleast 1 tower reflect this?

So Im looking at the map Near hammond Indiana which is supposed to either have live LTE or have had it for testing. But not one of the towers in the area says it has had any data speed or capacity upgrades. My question is how accurate do you think this info is and what would a tower's status say if it has been readied for LTE but isnt active yet. If LTE is or was tested in this area shouldnt atleast 1 tower reflect this?

The network.sprint.com site does not track Network Vision sites. It only posts Sprint sites within a six month rolling window that have or will receive capacity upgrades or additional T1 lines. These are largely temporary upgrades before Network Vision.

Since Hammond is in an area actively getting NV upgrades, it shouldn't have any sites showing up at the Sprint Network site.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Found a new tower in Kansas City, Mo. It is close to the crown center complex looks like by union station.

I have not been successful in uploading any pictures yet. :(

• Like 1

Found a new tower in Kansas City, Mo. It is close to the crown center complex looks like by union station.

I have not been successful in uploading any pictures yet. :(

It must be so new that it is not constructed yet. I drove around the area and did not find a tower or antenna on any of the buildings.

Found a new tower in Jacksonville. I'm taking a trip up there today and I started to look at the towers near where I'm staying and found it. I'm not sure if anyone else has found it as I haven't read through this whole post but let me know if it helps. It is just NorthEast of the 295 & 95 highway intersections on the map:

ezou8.png

I found another new tower a little west of there. It is on Branan-Field Road & Old Jenning Road intersect just north of where 23 & 21 meet. Also there might be more in Jacksonville if I found two in 5 minutes there:

2a6nus0.png

Edited by Fifth313ment

Found a new tower in Jacksonville. I'm taking a trip up there today and I started to look at the towers near where I'm staying and found it. I'm not sure if anyone else has found it as I haven't read through this whole post but let me know if it helps. It is just NorthEast of the 295 & 95 highway intersections on the map:

ezou8.png

I found another new tower a little west of there. It is on Branan-Field Road & Old Jenning Road intersect just north of where 23 & 21 meet. Also there might be more in Jacksonville if I found two in 5 minutes there:

2a6nus0.png

I've been out to the site on brannan field road. Its a monopole with a flag on the top that was on the news recently around memorial day. It doesn't have any external panels that I can see but it is broadcasting 3g and its pretty fast. I haven't checked out the base station equipment yet but I'm in the area everyday because I work in that area.

At some point new sites have to be built to NV standards. Especially in markets receiving NV upgrades this year. And JAX is coming soon. You would think new sites there would be NV out the gate.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

At some point new sites have to be built to NV standards. Especially in markets receiving NV upgrades this year. And JAX is coming soon. You would think new sites there would be NV out the gate.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I stayed on Ashmore Drive near the hwy 13 and fruit cove woods drive intersection and it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't get a signal inside the house at all and outside it was a crap-shoot! On my EVO LTE is said every day that signal standby (in battery settings) that I was without a signal for 87% of the day! The next day I put my phone near the window and it was 78% without a signal for the day! I couldn't make calls and when I could get one to go through it would be broken up and then disconnect! Sprint needs to do something as that whole area has low buildings, no hills or mountains and even in my car I couldn't get a signal to make a call or for internet! We had 5 family members there who had Sprint and most had the EVO but I had the newer EVO LTE and NONE of us could make or receive calls! I would sometimes get a notification of a new voice-mail when someone would try to call me. Robert is there any way you could notify them? I gave you the address intersection above and just driving through the neighborhood the signal was horrid, worst I've ever seen for a Sprint area!

On a better note my EVO LTE battery held up great and I only noticed a slight dip in battery from the low signal coverage. However my relatives who had the EVO would have their batteries die in a few hours! The new EVO LTE must do something to stop sever battery loss that the old EVO would get if a low signal area.

Thanks,

5th

Robert, do you or your contacts know how long it takes for network.sprint.com to update when work is completed in an area for band aid fixes?

Robert' date=' do you or your contacts know how long it takes for network.sprint.com to update when work is completed in an area for band aid fixes?[/quote']

I don't have any information about network.sprint.com deployments. They are managed by Ericsson. Sorry.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I stayed on Ashmore Drive near the hwy 13 and fruit cove woods drive intersection and it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't get a signal inside the house at all and outside it was a crap-shoot! On my EVO LTE is said every day that signal standby (in battery settings) that I was without a signal for 87% of the day! The next day I put my phone near the window and it was 78% without a signal for the day! I couldn't make calls and when I could get one to go through it would be broken up and then disconnect! Sprint needs to do something as that whole area has low buildings, no hills or mountains and even in my car I couldn't get a signal to make a call or for internet! We had 5 family members there who had Sprint and most had the EVO but I had the newer EVO LTE and NONE of us could make or receive calls! I would sometimes get a notification of a new voice-mail when someone would try to call me. Robert is there any way you could notify them? I gave you the address intersection above and just driving through the neighborhood the signal was horrid, worst I've ever seen for a Sprint area!

On a better note my EVO LTE battery held up great and I only noticed a slight dip in battery from the low signal coverage. However my relatives who had the EVO would have their batteries die in a few hours! The new EVO LTE must do something to stop sever battery loss that the old EVO would get if a low signal area.

Thanks,

5th

This site has no affiliation with Sprint, so I'm not sure what you want Robert to do about it. I would personally call sprint customer service and have them open a help ticket.

Sent from my CM9 Toro

• Like 1

Thanks,

5th

As far as I can tell looking at the maps, the closest NV tower to the address you provided is about 2 miles away and there is lots of wooded area between the tower and that location. In fact that address looks to be about equidistant to 2 towers with lots of wooded area in between. It's very similar to my home location in relation to the towers. I get very poor Sprint reception in my neighborhood and inside my house. My daughter is on T-Mobile and she gets poor reception when she comes over. It is not likely that Sprint will be building more towers in that area so that just happens to be an area where coverage is not that great unfortunately. There is probably not much that Sprint can do about it. Another carrier may be your better option.

As far as I can tell looking at the maps, the closest NV tower to the address you provided is about 2 miles away and there is lots of wooded area between the tower and that location. In fact that address looks to be about equidistant to 2 towers with lots of wooded area in between. It's very similar to my home location in relation to the towers. I get very poor Sprint reception in my neighborhood and inside my house. My daughter is on T-Mobile and she gets poor reception when she comes over. It is not likely that Sprint will be building more towers in that area so that just happens to be an area where coverage is not that great unfortunately. There is probably not much that Sprint can do about it. Another carrier may be your better option.

Or if you have HSI, get an AirRave for that location to help out with coverage. I had to do that for my parents house because, while being listed as covered, its very spotty.

Or if you have HSI, get an AirRave for that location to help out with coverage. I had to do that for my parents house because, while being listed as covered, its very spotty.

I have an Airvana and I've never been able to get it to work. I've tried all the port shenanigans on my router and every tip I could find on the web. It's sitting in it's box in the corner. After reading the difficulties folks have with text messages on this thing I would rather live with the spotty cell coverage in my house since I have a landline for phone calls and I just use WiFi for data while in the house.

I have an Airvana and I've never been able to get it to work. I've tried all the port shenanigans on my router and every tip I could find on the web. It's sitting in it's box in the corner. After reading the difficulties folks have with text messages on this thing I would rather live with the spotty cell coverage in my house since I have a landline for phone calls and I just use WiFi for data while in the house.

I have one of the newer white models and it took a little bit of port forwarding, but that thing is a life saver in DeWitt, MI. The info I used was on http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/59464

I have one of the newer white models and it took a little bit of port forwarding, but that thing is a life saver in DeWitt, MI. The info I used was on http://community.spr...aw/thread/59464

I found those instructions and tried them as well back when I was setting the Airave up. It still didn't work. I would never get a green light on "Mobile". Like I said, it's no big deal for me now. If I ever get to the point where I really need cell coverage at home I will have another go at it. Thanks for helping though!