HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Does anyones EVO LTE gets over 12mbps Down on speed test? For some reason no more what time of day or night I do a speed test the results are never over 12mbps.

Its just your location, thats all.  There are a few towers on my side of town where I can pull down 30mbps no matter if its day or night.

Its just your location, thats all. There are a few towers on my side of town where I can pull down 30mbps no matter if its day or night.

I've tested several different sites. Even in the early morning hours when everyone is asleep and the same thing happened over and over.

I've tested several different sites. Even in the early morning hours when everyone is asleep and the same thing happened over and over.

Maybe its a backhaul issue, I don't know for sure.  In my general area I tend to average about 10 to 15 during the day and 15 to 25 during the night and like I said with some locations I can get 30 whether its night or day.  For what its worth I was in central florida last month and there were many locations from Ocala to well north of Gainesville that I was averaging 20 to 30 down(might be a bad example since those areas aren't quite as densely populated). 

• Like 2

Does anyones EVO LTE gets over 12mbps Down on speed test? For some reason no more what time of day or night I do a speed test the results are never over 12mbps.

When I used my EVO, I would get speeds 25-35Mbps no problem. Sounds like either a device issue, or a backhaul related issue in your area.

OK, I found a site across town and ran a test. I end up getting 29mbps down which is a new world record for my phone. Next thing is are there any ways to enhance my connectivity. I didn't realize how bad the EVO radio is until I placed it side by side with my fiancés iphone 5s.

I'm rooted with the latest firmware but still on 3.16 base. Should I update to the newest base and see if that helps or are there any settings in epst that I can change to help wit connectivity?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

OK, I found a site across town and ran a test. I end up getting 29mbps down which is a new world record for my phone. Next thing is are there any ways to enhance my connectivity. I didn't realize how bad the EVO radio is until I placed it side by side with my fiancés iphone 5s.

I'm rooted with the latest firmware but still on 3.16 base. Should I update to the newest base and see if that helps or are there any settings in epst that I can change to help wit connectivity?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I would update to the latest radio and everything else. It sounds like it has helped quite a bit with holding onto LTE signals. 

• Like 1

Yes, 

I usually get between 17 - 24 on my Evo at home.

Edit:  Completely agree with Dkoellerwx, update radio & firmware bits.  That greatly improved my Evo's ability to hang on to a LTE signal.  I'm still on the 3.16 base and getting solid LTE results.

Edited by skid71

Well I've flashed 3.17.xxx stock ROM. I already had all the firmware installed. I'm going to run this all week and see I notice any differences.

I can say this new base is a lot smoother than the older base.

Edit: will changing the bsr and LTE timers make a difference?

Well I've flashed 3.17.xxx stock ROM. I already had all the firmware installed. I'm going to run this all week and see I notice any differences. I can say this new base is a lot smoother than the older base. Edit: will changing the bsr and LTE timers make a difference?

Probably not.

• Like 1

BAH, the HTC one MAX is nothing special the MAX is just a bigger screen that is all and they made half of the phone out of plastic they lost one of the HTC One's most defining features you know ALL ALUMINUM!

Worse, they also removed OIS from the camera.

• Like 2

Well, good news and bad news. My previous phone was the motorola Triumph. I am a battery maximizer, so I habitually disabled the data connection when I wasn't using it. This was fairly easy, thanks to readily available widgets. I have my e-mail system text me notices when email is waiting, and my phone is primarily used for texting.  

When the widget disabled the data connection, the 3G radio turned off and only CDMA was maintained. The result of doing this was the phone would last for many days on a single charge. The phone once made it seven days without charging during one wilderness excursion. 

However, with my new HTC Evo 4G LTE, I don't get the same behavior at all. Turning off the data connection doesn't seem to turn off any radios. Signal Check still shows signal strength for either LTE or eHRPD, and when enabled connects almost instantly. Therefore, even with data off and a battery 1/3rd larger than my old phone, the phone manages to be dead in 2 days. 

Well, yesterday I finally figured out how to copy the functionality. Turning off mobile data isn't good enough. I need to run LTE On/Off to open the Phone Info menu and set it to CDMA only if I want them off. This is much more involved and several more clicks than a widget toggle. But, it seems to work. Phone has been off the charger for twelve hours and lost 4% (did some texting, so would have been even less without it). 

So, this is great...if only I can get a toggle widget to switch between CDMA only versus CDMA+LTE/EVDO. Any help? Thoughts? Comments? 

So, this is great...if only I can get a toggle widget to switch between CDMA only versus CDMA+LTE/EVDO. Any help? Thoughts? Comments?

That will probably prove to be difficult.. the Radio Info screen contains features that are not directly accessible by third-party developers. SignalCheck Pro provides access to the Radio Info screen through a menu option, but it does have a widget and I could add an option to open that screen directly from the widget if that would help.

-Mike

• Like 1

my goodness hello! i'm honored to speak to you, SignalCheck Guy. Thank you for your application, I enjoy it supremely. 

As for your offer, while I am a payed SignalCheck Pro customer, there is no need to modify it merely for me, as LTE On/Off by Cunning Logic already offers a one-click short-cut to the Radio Info screen I can put on the home screen. What I seek to pay for is a widget that bypasses the Radio Info screen to change the configuration directly (definitely requiring root access, probably not possible at all). 

Again, thank you for the offer, and excellent work on SIgnalCheck! 

• Like 1

my goodness hello! i'm honored to speak to you, SignalCheck Guy. Thank you for your application, I enjoy it supremely. 

As for your offer, while I am a payed SignalCheck Pro customer, there is no need to modify it merely for me, as LTE On/Off by Cunning Logic already offers a one-click short-cut to the Radio Info screen I can put on the home screen. What I seek to pay for is a widget that bypasses the Radio Info screen to change the configuration directly (definitely requiring root access, probably not possible at all). 

Again, thank you for the offer, and excellent work on SIgnalCheck! 

Actually, if it could be a shortcut in the paid app, i'd get it just so i could force lte only.  I think it's actually a good idea.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words! I will look into it and see if there is anything I can come up with. HTC phones have been the easiest to work with so far, so maybe it is possible.

Actually, if it could be a shortcut in the paid app, i'd get it just so i could force lte only. I think it's actually a good idea.

Hey I didn't ask you, I asked the other guy! ;) A shortcut to the Radio Info screen already exists in the app.. do you mean make it a shortcut from the widget?

-Mike

• Like 1

Actually, if it could be a shortcut in the paid app, i'd get it just so i could force lte only.  I think it's actually a good idea.

Well, like I said, a great one-click short-cut app already exists. It is called LTE On/Off by Cunning Logic. It is free in the play store. 

What PRL is everyone using? I see people in the forums discussing PRLs well above 25000 and after updating my EVO 4G LTE what I get is 24016. I'd really like to be able to access the 800mhz band, but my phone never seems to find any. Maybe they just have not deployed in my area yet. But we're already half LTE deployed, so it would be quite an oversight on their part. 

I'm wondering if I'm being given a purposefully outdated PRL due to being on an MVNO. Any chance of that? 

I found the Sprint PRL list here in the forums, here is what it says:

24016 24015 SV-LTE and BC10 2012 forward CL Corporate Liable SV-LTE PRL identical to 22xxx and also supports Simultaneous Voice/Data.

So, Corporate...I'm going to guess it isn't being updated with the latest 800mhz entries? 

What PRL is everyone using? I see people in the forums discussing PRLs well above 25000 and after updating my EVO 4G LTE what I get is 24016. I'd really like to be able to access the 800mhz band, but my phone never seems to find any. Maybe they just have not deployed in my area yet. But we're already half LTE deployed, so it would be quite an oversight on their part.

I'm wondering if I'm being given a purposefully outdated PRL due to being on an MVNO. Any chance of that?

24016 24015 SV-LTE and BC10 2012 forward CL Corporate Liable SV-LTE PRL identical to 22xxx and also supports Simultaneous Voice/Data.

So, Corporate...I'm going to guess it isn't being updated with the latest 800mhz entries?

24016... I'm located in Northwest Ohio I don't have anything that has been approved. I still catch you 800 testing 32 miles away. I'm not chasing rainbows but I'm happy with being able to connect to a network where I usually am that constitutes roaming. I also don't have no LTE which means theres gotta be less than a handful that don't have it. I'm sad with that but it is what it is or, what would Popeye say ?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You EVO 4G LTE supports 1x800 on your current PRL. I know cause I'm using that PRL and getting 1x800 (when I'm in areas where it's deployed.) My guess is that you don't have 1x800 deployed there. You might want to become a sponsor and check the completed sites map and the market map. That will give you a better idea what sites sprint has in your market, and where they are with their upgrades.

• Like 2

I just got a new or refurbished EVO from Sprint , after waiting 8 days due to a back order issue. The new devices screen want auto rotate and yes my settings are set correctly, is there anything I can do, other than waiting on another week for a new device?