HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

If you are sure you have the NFC setting on, you may want to go through the setup process again.

For me I know the chip and the program communicate, and it still declines with a reason of tap and pay not being set up.  I've done a full factory reset on my phone, reset the app multiple times, and same thing, not available.  I've used it as tap and pay many many many times before and I've always done the PIN before tap thing including today.  I use Wallet for everything Google and have a balance on it, and even use the Google card too.

I'm wondering if there's just something wrong with the secure element of the NFC or not with just my phone, but it sounds like I'm not 100% alone.

Is anyone who uses the phone actually having success with it right now?  Or is this issue affecting only a small subset?

For me I know the chip and the program communicate, and it still declines with a reason of tap and pay not being set up. I've done a full factory reset on my phone, reset the app multiple times, and same thing, not available. I've used it as tap and pay many many many times before and I've always done the PIN before tap thing including today. I use Wallet for everything Google and have a balance on it, and even use the Google card too.

I'm wondering if there's just something wrong with the secure element of the NFC or not with just my phone, but it sounds like I'm not 100% alone.

Is anyone who uses the phone actually having success with it right now? Or is this issue affecting only a small subset?

I have about twenty emails back and forth with google wallet support. Mine still says tap and pay unavailable. I factory reset the device and even brought it into sprint and neither fixed the issue. Mine stopped working when they had the major revision to wallet allowing any phone to have the app but independently disable nfc tap and pay. My last email they said their engineers were aware of the issue.

My ticket number/incident number is 4-1039000002402 if you want to try emailing them, and this was the last email I received on 1-28-14. Not sure if they are just feeding me bs or not but it's definitely a problem with the app.

Hi, Travis.

Thank you for taking the time to let my team know the details of your experience. The better that we understand the issue, the closer we get to a solution. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working hard to resolve it.

As soon as I get more information from our engineers, I'll send you a follow-up email.

Thanks!

Paula

The Google Wallet Team

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have about twenty emails back and forth with google wallet support. Mine still says tap and pay unavailable. I factory reset the device and even brought it into sprint and neither fixed the issue. Mine stopped working when they had the major revision to wallet allowing any phone to have the app but independently disable nfc tap and pay. My last email they said their engineers were aware of the issue.

My ticket number/incident number is 4-1039000002402 if you want to try emailing them, and this was the last email I received on 1-28-14. Not sure if they are just feeding me bs or not but it's definitely a problem with the app.

Hi, Travis.

Thank you for taking the time to let my team know the details of your experience. The better that we understand the issue, the closer we get to a solution. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working hard to resolve it.

As soon as I get more information from our engineers, I'll send you a follow-up email.

Thanks!

Paula

The Google Wallet Team

Thanks for passing that on.  Glad to read this... I was hoping to check here before outreaching to them myself.

There is a plus side to all of this with my phone... factory resets make the phone smooth as butter again... until I download all the apps I had on it again, haha.

Anyone have problems with the Text messages being out of order? even when i installed a 3rd party app such as Hancent SMS and still texts would come out of order. Also my Network PRL says update now in the sprint zone. its at 25016. Is this the newest? its said it was updated but still pops up and says "update now"

Thanks for passing that on. Glad to read this... I was hoping to check here before outreaching to them myself.

There is a plus side to all of this with my phone... factory resets make the phone smooth as butter again... until I download all the apps I had on it again, haha.

Yeah I am enjoying the phone more after factory resetting it. Feels snappy and quick again. Did your visual voicemail also give you another 30 day trial of premium after resettting too?

Anyone have problems with the Text messages being out of order? even when i installed a 3rd party app such as Hancent SMS and still texts would come out of order. Also my Network PRL says update now in the sprint zone. its at 25016. Is this the newest? its said it was updated but still pops up and says "update now"

Are you sending split sms messages? Mine are always out of order unless I am texting another sprint user. My prl was updated to 25017 a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Thanks for passing that on.  Glad to read this... I was hoping to check here before outreaching to them myself.

If it wasn't such a pain to do I would do that ... starting to get a bit laggy after 1 year of heavy use!

Are you sending split sms messages? Mine are always out of order unless I am texting another sprint user. My prl was updated to 25017 a few weeks ago.

no they're not long messages. and most of my friends are on Verizon (cdma) in which i know split long messages. but i will get like single line texts but our of order. ? i tried to update my PRL but its still the same 25016

RE: Edit. i did a soft restore and now i have the PLR 25017 update. Lets see if this fixes anything. Much appreciated for your response Travis. REP.

Edited by theduke085

If it wasn't such a pain to do I would do that ... starting to get a bit laggy after 1 year of heavy use!

Its easier than I thought. The whole procese took about a half hour. When I signed into my google account it auto downloaded all my apps. Had I been on wifi it would have been even faster.

Its easier than I thought. The whole procese took about a half hour. When I signed into my google account it auto downloaded all my apps. Had I been on wifi it would have been even faster.

It has gotten pretty seamless and easy.  I didn't have to reconfigure most of the settings on my phone, save one or two little things.

Yeah I am enjoying the phone more after factory resetting it. Feels snappy and quick again. Did your visual voicemail also give you another 30 day trial of premium after resettting too?

It did this time.  In the past it wouldn't.  But, I use Google Voice for my voicemails so I get them transcribed that way, and it's free.  The only downside to using Google Voice is that if there isn't a good data connection it can sometimes take a little bit to download the messages.  It needs a little bit of work but I do like GV for my voicemails.

It's an RUU at 826Mb. I installed it. Sense 5.0 is a nice overlay over 4.3. Very much like the HTC One pre kit kat as expected. So far so good. New radio to test though.

It's an RUU at 826Mb. I installed it. Sense 5.0 is a nice overlay over 4.3. Very much like the HTC One pre kit kat as expected. So far so good. New radio to test though.

Anyone notice any better signal?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

How do I download and install it? Do I need to wait for them to send me something?

Just got my link to download.  It says it wipes personal data.  Does that mean anything saved in "phone storage" ?

How does a software update increase reception? I don't get it.

Yeah, I don't get it either, except it is definitely true.

For example, the nexus 5 originally came with an awesome radio in 4.4 kit kat that held onto LTE amazingly well. After 4.4.1/4.4.2 came included with a new radio version that was a little lackluster, a lot of people flashed the old radio back to their nexus.

Downloaded last night. Pretty snappy so far! Surprised at how much faster it seems. All of my apps downloaded automatically when I signed in to Google.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the icon that looks like an N next to the vibrate icon is... Any ideas? Here's a screen shotuploadfromtaptalk1392057258080.jpg