HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

OK- tried "ES File Explorer" as suggested by Kisakuku & app only shows /sdcard/ and /sdcard/ext_sd/, not my thumb drive that is attached. What am I doing wrong?

OK- tried "ES File Explorer" as suggested by Kisakuku & app only shows /sdcard/ and /sdcard/ext_sd/, not my thumb drive that is attached. What am I doing wrong?

I guess I misunderstood the question. How exactly are you connecting a USB thumb drive to a phone? :confused:

I'm not sure if the evo LTE supports USB otg... might be sol.

Just to be sure, you are talking about connecting a thumb drive to the phone with a short female USB to male micro USB cord, right?

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

Try installing stickmount, it requires root though.

Ah, now I understand. Stickmount is listed as incompatible on the market, NTFS Mounter might be worth trying instead.

Ah' date=' now I understand. Stickmount is listed as incompatible on the market, NTFS Mounter might be worth trying instead.[/quote']

Yeah, stickmount is designed for the galaxy nexus. It says that it might work on other devices though. NTFS Mounter is a better bet.

Pyroscott, I would really prefer not to root my phone if possible- thanks for the 'stickmount' idea. I just checked the playstore & the only 'stickmount' apps only work on Galaxy phones.

Kisakuku, I have a microSD-to-female-USB ad apter that I can plug USB drives into. After I started using thumb drives with my tablet I thought to use the same concept with my phone.

Pyroscott' date=' I would really prefer not to root my phone if possible- thanks for the 'stickmount' idea. I just checked the playstore & the only 'stickmount' apps only work on Galaxy phones.

Kisakuku, I have a microSD-to-female-USB ad apter that I can plug USB drives into. After I started using thumb drives with my tablet I thought to use the same concept with my phone.[/quote']

Unless jelly bean opens up USB OTG, I think the only way this is possible is with a rooted phone.

Kisakuku, I have a microSD-to-female-USB ad apter that I can plug USB drives into. After I started using thumb drives with my tablet I thought to use the same concept with my phone.

Thanks, I figured it out already. I'm assuming you meant male micro-USB to female USB though.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the best things about this battery is that it charges rapidly when plugged into a wall charger. My old EVO was taking forever to recharge as it got older.

• Like 1

One of the best things about this battery is that it charges rapidly when plugged into a wall charger. My old EVO was taking forever to recharge as it got older.

Yes indeed...this thing charges so much faster than my Samsung Epic did.

Loving the battery life after I cleaned things up on the phone. Insane and this is with no WiFi in a very poor data speed area...sub 100 kilobit.

18fa4d6b-7dcb-fc48.jpg

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

So I got a chance to toy with the EVO and S3 side by side in good signal and very poor signal and even in very slow data areas on Baton Rouge(imagine that!) I just don't see what people are saying about them being a huge difference in signal. I was watching them both and sometimes the EVO was better sometimes the S3 was better.

I then played around with the speed tests. About the same on speeds neck and neck. Only thing I noticed was the S3 failed on the speedtest more than the EVO did in the slow data area. Or it either would register a 12 on the upload when the EVO would get almost 100. Both phones were using the same channel for EVDO.

Not an exhaustive test by any means but if you gave me both phones and some how masked them where I could not tell the difference between each I probably couldn't tell you which was which.

I am curious to check them out in a roaming situation. But I will have to load a non 3g roaming prl on the EVO first. Not loading a prl on her phone, it was risky enough to install a few apps for signals and speedtests. I quickly uninstalled them. Not getting blamed for something acting goofy on her phone!

• Like 1

Hey digiblur, how did you clean up your EVO LTE? I look at your battery stats and I see your phone almost never comes awake without your screen being on? My phone always has a million little slivers of "awake" even when I turn off sync and other apps. I am running stock without the newest update and I've disabled most of the crap on the phone. I think Google Maps maps the biggest difference in fighting the phone being awake but I hate to have to disable it every time. Thanks again!

DigiBlur:

I would also like to know what you did.

I'm currently running stock 1.22.651.3. I stupidly took the update which went against my better judgment. Anyway, I work in a building where I get a horrible 3g signal. And there are times when I do not get any. I'll start the day at 100, and by the end of the day (11 hours later), the EVO LTE barely has any juice.

Here's my typical work day:

I send about 40-50 texts throughout the day

Talk on the phone for approximately 15 minutes

Have email and Slice (3rd party Twitter service) pushed to the phone.

Surf the web and apps for about 1/2 hour sporadically throughout the day

The screen is set to turn off after 30 seconds.

Brightness is set at 50% (right where the sun icon is on the Brightness Screen window.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have no idea how you guys are getting that kind of battery life. I'm running MeanRom 2.1 and I get about 10-12 hours on a charge before I need to plug it in. I generally get pretty good signal and spent a lot of time on wifi. I seemed to get better battery life on stock where I was seeing up to 15-18 hours. With heavy use I get about 6-8 hours, which is in line with my other Android phones. I blame it on the big screen.

I'm really upset there's no vanilla AOSP rom out yet. I'm dying for a vanilla Android rom, because this phone's hardware is completely wasted by Sense.

DigiBlur:

I would also like to know what you did.

I'm currently running stock 1.22.651.3. I stupidly took the update which went against my better judgment. Anyway, I work in a building where I get a horrible 3g signal. And there are times when I do not get any. I'll start the day at 100, and by the end of the day (11 hours later), the EVO LTE barely has any juice.

Here's my typical work day:

I send about 40-50 texts throughout the day

Talk on the phone for approximately 15 minutes

Have email and Slice (3rd party Twitter service) pushed to the phone.

Surf the web and apps for about 1/2 hour sporadically throughout the day

The screen is set to turn off after 30 seconds.

Brightness is set at 50% (right where the sun icon is on the Brightness Screen window.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Well in your case there really isn't much you can do, the fact that you are barely getting a 3g signal means the phone is working that much harder trying to maintain that signal. If you have wifi available at work then that will be your best bet as far as better battery life.

I have no idea how you guys are getting that kind of battery life. I'm running MeanRom 2.1 and I get about 10-12 hours on a charge before I need to plug it in. I generally get pretty good signal and spent a lot of time on wifi. I seemed to get better battery life on stock where I was seeing up to 15-18 hours. With heavy use I get about 6-8 hours, which is in line with my other Android phones. I blame it on the big screen.

I'm really upset there's no vanilla AOSP rom out yet. I'm dying for a vanilla Android rom, because this phone's hardware is completely wasted by Sense.

You should try flex's rom over on xda, I haven't had any issues with it at all and battery life is amazing. Generally speaking, IMO, the heavier a kernel is modified the more issues there are on average. Now I am not saying any thing bad about the kernel meanrom is using, I am just recommending that you try a rom that has a stock kernel and see if it gives you better battery life.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1701117

I have been using awesomesauce sauce with my ROM (personally, I haven't put it in a public build yet) and have been getting stellar battery life. I don't usually have a build on long enough to warrant taking screen shots, but it should work pretty well on any custom ROM.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hey digiblur, how did you clean up your EVO LTE? I look at your battery stats and I see your phone almost never comes awake without your screen being on? My phone always has a million little slivers of "awake" even when I turn off sync and other apps. I am running stock without the newest update and I've disabled most of the crap on the phone. I think Google Maps maps the biggest difference in fighting the phone being awake but I hate to have to disable it every time. Thanks again!

I am running meanrom modified. I cleaned out all out the garbage apk files before flashing it. Then I installed better battery stats and watched during the day to see what was waking the phone.

Guys, apparently there is a functional JB out now, take a look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1806870

Been out for awhile actually.....had a user here test LTE on it for me and I'm happy to be able to say now that deck and others involved were able to get LTE working on the build now!

For you AOSP/CM fans, they are working on CM10 non stop it seems....

If you want the latest build you should get familiar with IRC if your not and get it from the evo-4g-lte channel....could be seeing the thing moved to main nightly builds in the dev section of xda at some point in the near future...otherwise IRC is place with latest most of the time...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was a flashing fool on my OG Evo but I am reluctant to root this phone. I am so much less interested in futzing around with stuff now.

I remember all the issues they were having with getting Wimax working with some ROMs. Is it the same with LTE on these ROMs?