HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Downloaded last night. Pretty snappy so far! Surprised at how much faster it seems. All of my apps downloaded automatically when I signed in to Google.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the icon that looks like an N next to the vibrate icon is... Any ideas? Here's a screen shot{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1392057258080.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Its NFC. It took me a while to figure out what it was on my sisters One. I just finished installing the update myself. I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hello all,

My phone isn't registering a data connection unless I do CDMA only. 

If I have LTE/CDMA mode on, I get this from signal check pro:

Screenshot_2014-02-10-17-07-45.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by bigdaveyl

Its NFC. It took me a while to figure out what it was on my sisters One. I just finished installing the update myself. I like it so far.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yes, I finally figured it out! Literally went through every option and found it. I don't remember having an option to turn that on or off before?

Yes, I like it! Everything seems speedy. I also like having native group messaging support!

Yes, I finally figured it out! Literally went through every option and found it. I don't remember having an option to turn that on or off before?

Yes, I like it! Everything seems speedy. I also like having native group messaging support!

The option was available before, there just wasn't an icon indicating it was on or not.

First thing I found so far I don't like is the home screen doesn't wrap around anymore. BlinkFeed is also slightly annoying, not sure if I'll keep it on or not.

I didn't turn BlinkFeed on yet.  Sounded kind of like a battery hog.

I don't like, on the HTC Mail app, that the only difference between a read and an unread message is the green bar on the left side - both are in bold.  IMO only new emails should be in bold.

Is there a place to report feedback?  Is that what the point of this is?  When they have the final build out, do we need to update again?

I'm really still so shocked that this almost 2 year old phone even got this update!

We have group messaging! I assumed I had missed a setting or something all this time, and was trying to get it working this weekend. HTC confirmed that it was not an EVO LTE option. This will be very nice!

We have group messaging! I assumed I had missed a setting or something all this time, and was trying to get it working this weekend. HTC confirmed that it was not an EVO LTE option. This will be very nice!

It's not that it wasn't an EVO option, it just didn't come around until 4.2. I'm also loving the expandable notifications!

It's not that it wasn't an EVO option, it just didn't come around until 4.2. I'm also loving the expandable notifications!

Correct! It wasn't an EVO option because the EVO was on 4.1. Does this mean that any Droid with 4.2 or above supports native group messaging, and would work fine in group chats that include iPhones? 

Correct! It wasn't an EVO option because the EVO was on 4.1. Does this mean that any Droid with 4.2 or above supports native group messaging, and would work fine in group chats that include iPhones?

I tried it with two iPhone users, and it seemed to work fine. I also tried it with a friend on 4.4 and another on 4.0 (not sure which but definitely not 4.2). It sent to both people, but the one that did not have 4.2 just sent back as a single text.

I was hoping to have native support for Emojis on the keyboard...but it doesn't seem that way

I tried it with two iPhone users, and it seemed to work fine. I also tried it with a friend on 4.4 and another on 4.0 (not sure which but definitely not 4.2). It sent to both people, but the one that did not have 4.2 just sent back as a single text.

I was hoping to have native support for Emojis on the keyboard...but it doesn't seem that way

Sounds good! Thanks for letting me know!

My thoughts on the 4.3 build test so far:  It's breathed new life into my phone!  Seems quick and responsive.  A few issues I've found:

1. The font in the default HTC Mail app is bold even for read emails - too hard to tell the difference between read and unread at a quick glance.

2. A few quirks in the HTC messaging app.  Pictures show up NOT as thumbnails in the message thread, so you have to click to open it to see the whole picture.

3. When sending a text, it takes too long for the text to leave the typing space.

4. The font on the time & weather widget for the date is in all caps - not sure if it's a bug or not but it drives me crazy! (ie, WED, FEB 12 instead of Wed, Feb 12)

5. When you press the home button from any app, it doesn't return to the default home screen - goes back to whichever one you were on before.  Not sure if this is a bug, but I don't like the way it works.

6. The ringtones/alerts are different.  Not really a bug, but I was disappointed I couldn't find my old ones.

7. When the volume is turned all the way down and it vibrates - it's not a pure "silent mode" - the media volume is still up.  I took a screen shot when the ringer was off, and it still made the shutter sound...quite loudly.

That might be all for the moment.  What are other people's thoughts so far??

My thoughts on the 4.3 build test so far:  It's breathed new life into my phone!  Seems quick and responsive.  A few issues I've found:

5. When you press the home button from any app, it doesn't return to the default home screen - goes back to whichever one you were on before.  Not sure if this is a bug, but I don't like the way it works.

My Nexus 5 does this. It maybe is a Android 4.x thing.

1. The font in the default HTC Mail app is bold even for read emails - too hard to tell the difference between read and unread at a quick glance.

Normal.

2. A few quirks in the HTC messaging app.  Pictures show up NOT as thumbnails in the message thread, so you have to click to open it to see the whole picture.

Sounds like a bug.

3. When sending a text, it takes too long for the text to leave the typing space.

Sounds like a bug, but texting always seemed slow.

4. The font on the time & weather widget for the date is in all caps - not sure if it's a bug or not but it drives me crazy! (ie, WED, FEB 12 instead of Wed, Feb 12)

Normal

Normal

6. The ringtones/alerts are different.  Not really a bug, but I was disappointed I couldn't find my old ones.

Some of those were removed by HTC, so normal.

7. When the volume is turned all the way down and it vibrates - it's not a pure "silent mode" - the media volume is still up.  I took a screen shot when the ringer was off, and it still made the shutter sound...quite loudly.

They seperated the ringtone sound and the audio sound controls.  Normal.  The shutter sound should be able to be turned off in the camera.

It sounds like Android 4.3.  It will take some getting used to, but come on, it's android.  It will get to a point where it is almost not intrusive at all.

I just want to know when Sprint is releasing the update. It's the middle of February tomorrow HTC!

Umm.. they started sharing the beta version of it with users within the past week, so I'm guessing they are going to want to test that for a bit before pushing it out to everyone. The fact that they are even updating this phone is awesome.

-Mike

Umm.. they started sharing the beta version of it with users within the past week, so I'm guessing they are going to want to test that for a bit before pushing it out to everyone. The fact that they are even updating this phone is awesome.

-Mike

How'd you get the beta, from XDA?

Hm, maybe.  Although 4.1 didn't do that.

If you press the home button from a non default home screen, it will take you to the default screen. This happened even in 4.1. Therefore, from within an app opened from a non default home screen, pressing the home button twice will take you to the default home screen. I would not call this a bug, instead increased functionality.

In addition anyone having an issue with 1x connecting to data. Signal Check will show a 1x connection only, but no data, whereas in the same location as before the 4.3 update, 1x would connect to data no problem.

If you actually want in on the trial make sure you email him. Some one else will send you the link from HTCs file sharing tool. You will be required to activate an account for it and your email address gets set up as your log in name.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Damn. Not giving up root. Ill just have to sit and wait

If ur SOFF you don't loose crap.... I took the RUU still SOFF and flashed back superuser to regain root... All gravy...

I will say the radio is better but they have work on the Handoffs still... Picks up 4G too early for me and will do when it's unuseable and flipping to 3G gets you working data fine...

• Like 2