HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Wow!  That's a surprise!!

I just came on here to comment that since yesterday's update, my screen shots now send at an acceptable size, and not teeny-tiny and grainy!

Not sure if I notice any improvement in reception - could just be an illusion.  Haha.  How is a software update supposed to improve signal performance anyway?

Wow! That's a surprise!!

I just came on here to comment that since yesterday's update, my screen shots now send at an acceptable size, and not teeny-tiny and grainy!

Not sure if I notice any improvement in reception - could just be an illusion. Haha. How is a software update supposed to improve signal performance anyway?

The screen shot bug is fixed? I just got used to cropping all of my screen shots so that they went through clearly.

• Like 1

Does anyone ever clear their LTE Available File? I have over 700 entries.

No I believe that helps your phone scan for lte when your 1x radio connects to that base station telling your phone to scan for LTE.

• Like 2

So since the new update with radio, I took a 100 and eighty five mile trip and I only had to airplane once. It was missing a bunch of times but that's because there was no 4G in Eastern Michigan.. Towers were missing backhaul... So my opinion is it helped

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So since the new update with radio, I took a 100 and eighty five mile trip and I only had to airplane once. It was missing a bunch of times but that's because there was no 4G in Eastern Michigan.. Towers were missing backhaul... So my opinion is it helped

92 LTE records in Michigan Eastern that is

post-329-13812743989794_thumb.jpg

My phone held onto a -138 LTE signal the other day, after the update.  Never saw it that low before - lowest I'd seen was -127.

Interesting, but I'd rather it cut off when it's that weak.  My fairly uneducated opinion is that -138 dBm LTE is worse than a decent EV-DO connection.  But who knows, perhaps there was no EV-DO in your area at the time.

-Mike

Yesterday I was able to hold onto LTE deep inside a Kmart store with about -117 dBm or so, and it was useable!  NV is finally making headway in my area and it's exciting.  But, in areas where I've had it awhile, I've never been able to keep it inside a store before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please share the link to change the LTE scan time on this LTE challenged device. I think I have found a new way that sprint can build a stronger LTE network, all you have to do is make sure the EVO picks up on LTE and all areas will have great coverage for all other devices. LOL

• Like 1

Yesterday I was able to hold onto LTE deep inside a Kmart store with about -117 dBm or so, and it was useable! NV is finally making headway in my area and it's exciting. But, in areas where I've had it awhile, I've never been able to keep it inside a store before.

after update I couldn't believe my eyes

post-329-13824836069791_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A new device can't come soon enough! The EVO has been so buggy, ( could rank near the highest in the worse phone) that I'm scared of the HTC one.

My wife has the One and other than the usual misbehaving app after android upgrade, it has been flawless.

• Like 2

A new device can't come soon enough! The EVO has been so buggy, ( could rank near the highest in the worse phone) that I'm scared of the HTC one.

Really? Other than the poor LTE signal strength (which doesn't affect me as much as some others because I am lucky enough to have excellent coverage in my area), I think it has been a damn good phone. Speed and battery life are still great, now a year and a half after I got it. For all the crap HTC gets about updates, it gets updated more than the average outdated device. It will probably be the oldest device to receive an official stock 4.3 update. The only thing I am missing at the moment is tri-band capability.. and nobody has that yet.

-Mike

• Like 8

Really? Other than the poor LTE signal strength (which doesn't affect me as much as some others because I am lucky enough to have excellent coverage in my area), I think it has been a damn good phone. Speed and battery life are still great, now a year and a half after I got it. For all the crap HTC gets about updates, it gets updated more than the average outdated device. It will probably be the oldest device to receive an official stock 4.3 update. The only thing I am missing at the moment is tri-band capability.. and nobody has that yet.

-Mike

I agree, I have had like 0 problems with mine, aside from the occasional malfunction that just comes along with never shutting a phone down for days on end.  LTE isn't really active a whole lot in my area yet so I really have no idea how "bad" or "good" the LTE reception is.  But, in the places I have been where LTE is live, it's performed well.  It's a great phone (I got it in January, not when it first came out - but doesn't make any difference!)

• Like 1

Dial ##data# in the dialer.

click edit mode (you need your msl for this)

edit lte scan timer to 5 or less.

this is what worked for me, YMMV

Will doing this increase the battery drain by much? Also, I just checked mine and was set to 5 already... what do you recommend I should set it as?

Will doing this increase the battery drain by much? Also, i just checked mine and was set to 5 already... what do you recommend i should set it as?

I never noticed a change in the battery drain.  the drain comes if you're in an area that is not completely covered or has significant gaps.  when i last edited my lte info i did 1 for timer and 1 for the other field i believe bsr timer.  it might help in grabbing 4g in areas you've had it before quicker, but it also helps in finding new signals.

• Like 1

My few gripes about the EVO is high graphic games like wild blood, and even plants vs zombies 2 I seen a lot of stutter but on my GS3 they play way better. I guess 2gigs of ram does help and while battery life is not bad it was way better before the jellybean update. Also LTE perfomance only seems to drop when the LTE signal starts to become unusable.

I never noticed a change in the battery drain.  the drain comes if you're in an area that is not completely covered or has significant gaps.  when i last edited my lte info i did 1 for timer and 1 for the other field i believe bsr timer.  it might help in grabbing 4g in areas you've had it before quicker, but it also helps in finding new signals.

Battery drain is far less of an issue than it was with WiMax devices.. basically a non-issue.  Sure, every process uses at least some power, however I have not seen any evidence that shows that enabling/disabling LTE or changing the polling rate has a measurable impact. 

-Mike

My few gripes about the EVO is high graphic games like wild blood, and even plants vs zombies 2 I seen a lot of stutter but on my GS3 they play way better. I guess 2gigs of ram does help and while battery life is not bad it was way better before the jellybean update. Also LTE perfomance only seems to drop when the LTE signal starts to become unusable.

More than likely you are using a lot of memory through videos pictures text messages etc etc. I was having the same problem. I cleared my phone of the videos and photos that were already backup  or not needed and cleared my text messages and that solved the issue.

Has anyone had a problem of there EVO randomly shutting down only when it in sleep mode? I have to do a soft reset to get it to come back on,(power button + volume down). I had a hard reset done twice no luck! Sprint ordered me a new phone but the EVO is on backorder, up to two weeks.