HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I think it was in Olathe, When I rebooted the phone, I was on Nall at I-435 and the address of the serving site was Olathe. 

CDMA1X 800 has excellent staying power.  Propagation/reception over significant distances is not unusual.  And the only site that we have as CDMA1X 800 accepted in southern Johnson County is on 151st St -- the Black Bob Park water tower site.  Remarkably, that is also where our LTE odyssey began.  Before any Sprint LTE devices were released, I captured Sprint LTE on my spectrum analyzer one fine Friday morning in April last year at Black Bob Park.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-157-s4gru-first-to-capture-sprint-lte-live-in-the-wild/

AJ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was there ever a fix to the LTE issue on the EVO?  LTE service is starting to pop up around me and my device want connect to it unless I airplane mode it.  My wife's Samsung s3 picks up LTE with out any problems.   Any thoughts?  Thanks! 

Was there ever a fix to the LTE issue on the EVO?  LTE service is starting to pop up around me and my device want connect to it unless I airplane mode it.  My wife's Samsung s3 picks up LTE with out any problems.   Any thoughts?  Thanks! 

we'll probably have to find out when the EVO gets its Sense 5 update, as I'm sure there will be an updated radio and firmware. Maybe they've possibly managed a fix at Sprint, or maybe not.

This has been discussed at length in this thread.  Just search, but you will want your MSL so that you can change your LTE scan timer.

Think about that the phone has been out for more than a year. Now think about your question... You should have the answer.

Hardware is my answer lol. Then I will try and trade for a optimus G pro or galaxy s3 at the sprint store

Think about that the phone has been out for more than a year. Now think about your question... You should have the answer.

I am not convinced that the issue is solely hardware.  HTC firmware algorithms seem quite conservative in acquiring and reacquiring LTE when in the presence of CDMA2000.  Plus, very few operators are running CDMA2000/LTE hybrid networks, so HTC may have little experience in that regard.  To make matters worse, Sprint is deploying LTE in nearly 2 GHz spectrum -- what works with VZW LTE 750 may not work as well with Sprint LTE 1900.

AJ

• Like 1

I am not convinced that the issue is solely hardware. HTC firmware algorithms seem quite conservative in acquiring and reacquiring LTE when in the presence of CDMA2000. Plus, very few operators are running CDMA2000/LTE hybrid networks, so HTC may have little experience in that regard. To make matters worse, Sprint is deploying LTE in nearly 2 GHz spectrum -- what works with VZW LTE 750 may not work as well with Sprint LTE 1900.

AJ

Then I would fault Sprint for not working with HTC to resolve the problem.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My EVO doesn't have LTE problems like many. It hates low signals but in a decently covered area I have no problems. In fact, my LTE signal tends to be 1 bar below my 1x/EVDO signal.

Has anyone else noticed that EVDO signal tends to be stronger than 1x from the same tower?

• Like 1

So according to the same guy that told us that the EVO 4G LTE was going to get android 4.2.2 and sense 5.0 is saying that it was going to get the update but it looks like they cancelled it the same way they cancelled it for the HTC ONE S. This does not make sense to me because the EVO is technically better in terms of specs than the HTC ONE X and the X got the update in some countries. We got android 4.1.1 in December almost a year ago so if HTC comes out and says that the EVO will not be updated they are going to lose alot of customers including myself. I have been very loyal to HTC in the past, in fact I have only had phones from them and one from Samsung. 

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/01/htc-evo-4g-lte-users-get-grim-update-news/

• Like 4

So according to the same guy that told us that the EVO 4G LTE was going to get android 4.2.2 and sense 5.0 is saying that it was going to get the update but it looks like they cancelled it the same way they cancelled it for the HTC ONE S. This does not make sense to me because the EVO is technically better in terms of specs than the HTC ONE X and the X got the update in some countries. We got android 4.1.1 in December almost a year ago so if HTC comes out and says that the EVO will not be updated they are going to lose alot of customers including myself. I have been very loyal to HTC in the past, in fact I have only had phones from them and one from Samsung.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/01/htc-evo-4g-lte-users-get-grim-update-news/

I saw that too, although with as much as the EVO LTE crowd was pestering the guy he may have said that to shut us up.

Deck's 10.2 cm is outstanding. I have been using that for some time.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Thats nice and all but not everyone is a fan of rooting or want to void there warranties by doing so.

I saw that too, although with as much as the EVO LTE crowd was pestering the guy he may have said that to shut us up.

Deck's 10.2 cm is outstanding. I have been using that for some time.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Might be that Sprint about to EOL the device, so they don't need the latest OS as a selling point anymore. Shame, because if nothing else CM could probably use whatever radio fixes they were including (although today's maintenance update might have some useful goodies under the hood once somebody extracts it).

Did anyone get the update today? And if so are the radios updated? LTE improvement?

Yes, there is a new radio with this update.

Does this mean HD Voice is live as long as both phones meet the requirements.

Don't understand how they put that in the changelog to be honest... Should of been active the whole time as long as both phones supported it AND the tower/switch connected to was upgraded and handled the codec....least that's what I thought way way way way back when this was brought up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2