HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

The new radio you mentioned was on the update. I am just trying to figure out what we got.

Well we got updated radio software, a new kernel, sense stability improvements and something about hd voice.

Chrome is now preloaded onto the device. LTE connectivity is better to me, but it might be placebo. I actually think it obit be a preparation update for the 4.2 update. I haven't made a call to anyone with an HD Voice capable device yet though.

I am undue basement of my school anging on to a -118dbm signal.

Hello, "undue basement."

You... ...ignal is ...reaking u...

:P

AJ

• Like 3

I am undue basement...

14buo9s.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

LTE is definitely better. I am undue basement of my school anging on to a -118dbm signal. Before my phone would just drop down to EHRPD. I'm so happy.

I'll have to do more testing to see if the radio is better. I wonder why it took so long to improve this. 17 months later htc?

Agreed LTE got better and 3g signal increased by alot. In a doctors today for my son and the update showed up there. 3g inside is normally 113-118dbm often going to 1x I went outside since I get a 108dbm LTE signal and did the update which took about 8 mins to download. I went back in and while LTE still could penetrate 3g was a consistent 98-105dbm and I couldn't believe it. LTE has also improved but only by maybe 2-4dbm at best.

I don't see a difference. I flashed the new firmware but haven't updated to a ROM with the new base. So I may not be able to see the difference yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If I can get even the faintest lte signal in my home it will confirm that LTE was improved although at my job I get great LTE outside but inside I get terrible everything. Now im getting LTE that actually hangs in there for a good 5-10 instead of 1 min before going back to ehrpd. 3G signal strength seem to be the most improved by far while voice doesn't seem to have changed at all. The fact that my 3G signal strength is now consistently better than my voice signal in proof enough to me. Now I should be able to hold out for the G2 without me pulling my hair out because of the craptastic radio in the EVO LTE. Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5 would really make me shut up tho but I doubt I will see that before the launch of the G2.

• Like 1

Same here. That 4.2 update with Sense 5 would keep me quiet for a while. I honestly think that this might've been a preparation update for 4.2 because it put Chrome, and Google Play Games as default apps now. It might lessen the amount of work needed for the 4.2 update for this phone. And has anyone tried out HD Voice?

• Like 1

Same here. That 4.2 update with Sense 5 would keep me quiet for a while. I honestly think that this might've been a preparation update for 4.2 because it put Chrome, and Google Play Games as default apps now. It might lessen the amount of work needed for the 4.2 update for this phone. And has anyone tried out HD Voice?

I know its on by default but I haven't noticed a change in the voice quality so far. Data connection appears to be the same. If Sprint gets the Nexus 5 in store I am not waiting for HTC to decide whether they want to upgrade us or not, I'm jumping.

• Like 1

I know its on by default but I haven't noticed a change in the voice quality so far. Data connection appears to be the same. If Sprint gets the Nexus 5 in store I am not waiting for HTC to decide whether they want to upgrade us or not, I'm jumping.

You sure data is the same on your end? You might want to test that theory like I just did

Nope I think only HTC ONE to HTC ONE, EVO to EVO and HTC ONE to HTC EVO calls will use hd voice.

But even people on XDA noticed a radio improvement. IN fact, most of the things I've read, have said that the radio has been improved. Is the negation by 2 people enough to say it wasn't fixed?

People say that about PRL updates too.

• Like 1