HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I was a flashing fool on my OG Evo but I am reluctant to root this phone. I am so much less interested in futzing around with stuff now.

I remember all the issues they were having with getting Wimax working with some ROMs. Is it the same with LTE on these ROMs?

No, WiMax was built with proprietary drivers, where LTE is open source.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Kisakuku, Pyroscott and david279 for helping with my question about evolte otg.

I am too timid to root my phone so I upgraded to 64gb and am using the included Dropbox. No lte (obviously) yet in San Diego and 3g drops sometimes even in downtown SD so I can't reliably depend on my phone for my docs.

Even so, that 'word flow' in the "read" option on the stock internet browser makes for such a better visual experience. Much than any other pc or tablet I've tried. I'll not use any other phone. Bad eyesight, don'tcha know.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oooh! How dare they!

Quote-

ONE TOUCH EVO7: UPGRADE YOUR NEEDS

ALCATEL ONE TOUCH announces ONE TOUCH EVO7, the modular tablet which evolves with your needs. ONE TOUCH EVO7 can be used in either WiFi mode or it can be upgraded to 3G capability.

Milan, Italy

ALCATEL ONE TOUCH presents its first modular tablet. ONE TOUCH EVO7 is a WiFi 7inch tablet that can be upgraded to 3G thanks to a removable 3G module. Discover ONE TOUCH EVO7 and its system of accessories.

ONE TOUCH EVO7 is a 7inch WiFi tablet that can be easily upgraded to 3G thanks to a removable 3G module (sold in bundle or in stand alone, according to regional availability). Now you can enhance your tablet and choose your connectivity mode as either 3G or WiFi and you can switch anytime you want, it's that easy.

ONE TOUCH EVO7 is characterized by a unique compact design: its silver back cover is bordered with a movable frame. Take it off, install the 3G module and personalize your tablet with a selection of colored frames.

The new ALCATEL ONE TOUCH tablet is based on AndroidTM 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and has a complete access to Google PlayTM; this means you can open up to a world of more than 600.000 games and apps, many of which free or freely downloadable: apps, music, games and books instantly available in one touch, whenever you are.

Take photos and record videos with ONE TOUCH EVO7 front camera and then store all the pictures and data on the 1GB RAM or Micro SD card (up to 32GB).

With ONE TOUCH EVO7 you'll enjoy an easier and smoother navigation, thanks to its 1GHz CPU, and you'll live a more portable multimedia experience. Work or leisure, you can count on your ONE TOUCH EVO7 to get things done on the go.

ONE TOUCH EVO7 comes up with a complete system of stylish accessories. Customize your tablet with colorful frames and flip covers, protect and carry around your ONE TOUCH EVO7 thanks to a leather pouch or a hard zip pouch.

- seen on Engadget at http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/12/alcatel-one-touch-evo-7-ics-tablet-in-europe/

How dare they use EVO in vain!!! HTC must sue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I noticed a an alert notice from HTC on my evolte telling me to: "Authorize HTC Sence to access Facebook" on my phone. I don't want to do that, bcs HTC gives no detail of what they will do once authorized.

I just checked on HtC and Sprint Community for info of what this is & couldn't find any mention at all.

Now I just want to get rid of the announcement. "Clear" doesn't work, side swiping doesn't work. Grrh!

With much trepidation I decided to implement it- now the phone says it is going to use alot of data in the background and to be aware my data charges 'may' increase. Which is dumb, since sprint's plans are 'unlimited.'

OK, 2 questions- 1) is it possible to get rid of system alerts without doing what is requested?

2) can facebook background updates use more than a gig a month? -- since my daughter updates me on her friends doings & she has lots of friends.

Yesterday I noticed a an alert notice from HTC on my evolte telling me to: "Authorize HTC Sence to access Facebook" on my phone. I don't want to do that, bcs HTC gives no detail of what they will do once authorized.

I just checked on HtC and Sprint Community for info of what this is & couldn't find any mention at all.

Now I just want to get rid of the announcement. "Clear" doesn't work, side swiping doesn't work. Grrh!

With much trepidation I decided to implement it- now the phone says it is going to use alot of data in the background and to be aware my data charges 'may' increase. Which is dumb, since sprint's plans are 'unlimited.'

OK, 2 questions- 1) is it possible to get rid of system alerts without doing what is requested?

2) can facebook background updates use more than a gig a month? -- since my daughter updates me on her friends doings & she has lots of friends.

The OS will warn about background data because the OS doesn't know what plan you have. It's just part of the standard Android system.

If you are worried about the data usage you could try disabling the Facebook app (Settings>Apps>All tab) and just accessing facebook via the browser. You obviously won't get any notifications and such unless you get them via email but that way you don't have to worry about background data.

• 1 month later...

I recently shipped my evo lte back to htc for repair due to connection problems we all know about, has anyone done this and had any luck, htc acted like there was no problem with phone. But they would never admit to it. Also they told me jellybean will be released in February.

Sent from the new iPad

I recently shipped my evo lte back to htc for repair due to connection problems we all know about, has anyone done this and had any luck, htc acted like there was no problem with phone. But they would never admit to it. Also they told me jellybean will be released in February.

Sent from the new iPad ������

Did you have to pay for HTC Repair? Since there has been no resolution to this point, I couldn't imagine paying for something and get something back still not working correctly.

Soooo....what was repaired? And if they didn't admit to anything being wrong, what did they actually do then? And is the operation of the device different than what it was before you sent it in to HTC? I guess that I'm the only one that's confused on how you know something was repaired. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

It is at htc right now, haven't got it back yet, I just told them my connection issues. They said they didn't know of any issues. I said that I was having the issues on my device so they said to send it back for repair, now what that consist of I don't know as of yet, but I will report back when I get the device back. Sorry if my post was confusing, I was just wondering if anyone else had sent their phone back to htc.

They may not know about it. I believe there is a problem with signal strength but ive worked at a sprint repair store and a regular store and we do not get evo lte in for connection problems anymore than any other phone.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

They may not know about it. I believe there is a problem with signal strength but ive worked at a sprint repair store and a regular store and we do not get evo lte in for connection problems anymore than any other phone.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

How could they not know about it? Maybe the rep he spoke to didn't but typically cs reps don't know anything so thats to be expected. Regardless though, this is a documented issue before the phone was even released which was reported right here on s4gru back in april(to lazy to look for the link right now).

EDIT:

Look like it was in may, http://s4gru.com/ind...on-as-may-15th/

I restarted my phone yesterday and saw a message on my screen stating that a system update had been applied. I checked to make sure my software version was unchanged. Anybody else experience this?

I restarted my phone yesterday and saw a message on my screen stating that a system update had been applied. I checked to make sure my software version was unchanged. Anybody else experience this?

Yeah, I have. It seems like its some sort of system initiated prl/profile update.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sent from the new iPad ������

MultiQuote

Suppose to get phone back tomorrow . I was told they replaced motherboard, I will see how it does.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Please forgive me if this has already been posted and answered, but I did not think the EVO 4G LTE was capable of 800 mhz.  This was close to sprint campus!!

eu5hH0Fl.png

Please forgive me if this has already been posted and answered, but I did not think the EVO 4G LTE was capable of 800 mhz.  This was close to sprint campus!!

You were near the Sprint Campus, as was your EV-DO 1900 (eHRPD) serving site.  But the CDMA1X 800 serving site was not that close.  Look at the RSSI difference:  23 dB.  That means your EV-DO 1900 signal was 200x the strength of your CDMA1X 800 signal.

AJ

You were near the Sprint Campus, as was your EV-DO 1900 (eHRPD) serving site.  But the CDMA1X 800 serving site was not that close.  Look at the RSSI difference:  23 dB.  That means your EV-DO 1900 signal was 200x the strength of your CDMA1X 800 signal.

AJ

I think it was in Olathe, When I rebooted the phone, I was on Nall at I-435 and the address of the serving site was Olathe.