HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I'm not surprised we are seeing many issues pop up. We haven't even gotten to our first OTA update on the EVO yet. This is the life of an early adopter.

My experience with my OG Evo was basically flawless while others were having all sorts of issues. I never had light leakage, screen problems or anything that was being reported. Other than the heat issue and the Wifi connectivity that went away when I changed the channel, this phone has been running very well.

Changed the channel?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Changed the channel?

Yes. I used Wifi Analyzer to see that there were several neighbors whose wifi was on the same channel as my own. I went into the settings of my wifi router and changed the channel to one that was less crowded. I haven't had the issue since then.

Yes. I used Wifi Analyzer to see that there were several neighbors whose wifi was on the same channel as my own. I went into the settings of my wifi router and changed the channel to one that was less crowded. I haven't had the issue since then.

Ahh ok. Nice! Glad it worked for you!

Ok. Went to one repair store, they couldn't fix it. They told me to bring it back to the store where I got it. I went to that store and they said no, the tech should fix it. I said well, I'm not going back as they couldn't fix it, I'll just call up customer service and have them send me a new one.

So the guy takes the phone and looks at it. He tells me oh...a tower is down. It's been down for few days. I told him the guy at the desk looked for any down towers and my airave sure wasn't down last night. So he takes the phone and says oh..provisioning is down. So I say well do it manually. So he takes the phone and goes back and forth with one guy. I'm listening to what they are saying. He says to change the Data profile to 1 and that should fix it. Sure enough that fixed it.

So now...I'm curious. Is my phone jacked up that only manual provisioning works now on it? What does your EVO LTE's show on the ##DATA# -> View Mode - > Data Profile screen? a 0 or a 1?

What does your EVO LTE's show on the ##DATA# -> View Mode - > Data Profile screen? a 0 or a 1?

Lose that zero. You need a hero. An HTC Hero.

AJ

• Like 1

So now...I'm curious. Is my phone jacked up that only manual provisioning works now on it? What does your EVO LTE's show on the ##DATA# -> View Mode - > Data Profile screen? a 0 or a 1?

I have a 1.

I have a 1.

+1. Sprint reserves the 0 setting for its Angola State Pen inmates...er, I mean...its Baton Rouge subs.

AJ

• Like 1

Ok. Went to one repair store, they couldn't fix it. They told me to bring it back to the store where I got it. I went to that store and they said no, the tech should fix it. I said well, I'm not going back as they couldn't fix it, I'll just call up customer service and have them send me a new one.

So the guy takes the phone and looks at it. He tells me oh...a tower is down. It's been down for few days. I told him the guy at the desk looked for any down towers and my airave sure wasn't down last night. So he takes the phone and says oh..provisioning is down. So I say well do it manually. So he takes the phone and goes back and forth with one guy. I'm listening to what they are saying. He says to change the Data profile to 1 and that should fix it. Sure enough that fixed it.

Could this be with the fact of how if you had a WiMAX phone before and activated the LTE you couldn't do so hands free as you had to call in and get them to change a value in the system to work right?......

No idea. I know the hands-free worked when I got the phone. Cool..glad to see everyone else has a 1.

Now I am worried that my LTE settings are messed up and I won't know it for a long time.

What does your EVO LTE's show on the ##DATA# -> View Mode - > Data Profile screen? a 0 or a 1?

1 is the loneliest number that you'll ever doooooo...

3uCyO.jpg?1

• Like 1

No idea. I know the hands-free worked when I got the phone. Cool..glad to see everyone else has a 1.

Now I am worried that my LTE settings are messed up and I won't know it for a long time.

Yeah if u only did hands free when u activated it then that's why It was borked then...they have to set a value in the system for this device that's different from the WiMAX ones...

Just like if you switch back to the evo3D they will have to change it back for the device to fully work correctly...

Yeah if u only did hands free when u activated it then that's why It was borked then...they have to set a value in the system for this device that's different from the WiMAX ones...

Just like if you switch back to the evo3D they will have to change it back for the device to fully work correctly...

No, the guy had to call sprint to get the LTE code for sero accounts. It wouldnt activate until he did that. So I know it is changed. I saw the hands free work when it was on the counter and the update profile worked as well. Right now update profile fails on my phone anytime I run it.

My wife had the same issue last night where it would not connect to mobile data at all on her EVO LTE. However, it came back after a hard reboot.

I have this issue on the G-Nexus too every few days. I usually only have to go into the data setting, disable mobile data, then re-enable.

I have this issue on the G-Nexus too every few days. I usually only have to go into the data setting, disable mobile data, then re-enable.

the GNEX is in a league of its own on losing data.

Knock on wood, my two EVO 4G LTE's have not lost 3G data yet (while 2x + 2x replacement GNEX's lost data multiple times a day).

I love the EVO, it's fantastic*

*GPS on GNEX is better though.

• Like 2

the GNEX is in a league of its own on losing data.

Knock on wood, my two EVO 4G LTE's have not lost 3G data yet (while 2x + 2x replacement GNEX's lost data multiple times a day).

I love the EVO, it's fantastic*

*GPS on GNEX is better though.

For some odd reason my gnex works perfect when I am in atlanta but for some reason it never works right when I travel to anywhere else. A few weeks ago I was in DC and a few times it would start roaming(or no signal at all) and wouldn't stay on sprint no matter what all the while my evolte is working fine. Also, many times my data would simply just stop working all together and it will just come back on its own whenever it decides too. This has also happened to me earlier this week when I spent a few days in miami, same exact thing. To add, when I was in the virgin islands, again the same thing. Random data,random roaming or random signal loss all the while my evolte is fine. I don't know what to think about the gnex anymore, if I didn't travel at all then it would be fine since my gnex seems to work perfectly when I am at home in atlanta but anywhere else its giving me problems, which makes to sense to me at all.

• Like 1

For some odd reason my gnex works perfect when I am in atlanta but for some reason it never works right when I travel to anywhere else. A few weeks ago I was in DC and a few times it would start roaming and wouldn't stay on sprint no matter what all the while my evolte is working fine. Also, many times my data would simply just stop working all together and it will just come back on its own whenever it decides too. This has also happened to me earlier this week when I spent a few days in miami, same exact thing. To add, when I was in the virgin islands, again the same thing. Random data and random roaming all the while my evolte is fine. I don't know what to think about the gnex anymore, if I didn't travel at all then it would be fine since my gnex seems to work perfectly when I am at home in atlanta but anywhere else its giving me problems, which makes to sense to me at all.

You are not alone. I experienced very similar issues. I am so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

I also got random disconnects @ home as well. The up triangle would get "stuck" and 3G data would no longer work for 30 seconds to 1 minute and whatever webpage you were on would just hang. Has that happened to you?

In other locations, the 3G icon would disappear all together.

You are not alone. I experienced very similar issues. I am so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

I also got random disconnects @ home as well. The up triangle would get "stuck" and 3G data would no longer work for 30 seconds to 1 minute and whatever webpage you were on would just hang. Has that happened to you?

In other locations, the 3G icon would disappear all together.

This same thing happens to me alot. Btw my phone is set to cdma only.

Edited by tybo31316

For some odd reason my gnex works perfect when I am in atlanta but for some reason it never works right when I travel to anywhere else. A few weeks ago I was in DC and a few times it would start roaming(or no signal at all) and wouldn't stay on sprint no matter...

Just like many Sprint subs, even some Sprint handsets themselves grow weary of the condition of the network, so they periodically try to escape. This can be especially true when you travel to a new area where you may be unfamiliar with the Sprint network, hence think that roaming is to be expected.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Just like many Sprint subs, even some Sprint handsets themselves grow weary of the condition of the network, so they periodically try to escape. This can be especially true when you travel to a new area where you may be unfamiliar with the Sprint network, hence think that roaming is to be expected.

;)

AJ

LOL, thanks WiWavelength that brought a chuckle out of me on this Saturday afternoon. :P

EDIT: I once tried to "escape" as you say and I used the non-Sprint PRL which forces your phone to always roam and stay off of Sprint towers even if you are standing next to one. However once I used it, it worked just like it said only instead of VVerizon my phone attached itself to the MetroPCS network! I'm actually proud that my Sprint network is one step above MetroPCS 3G, lol, but not by much.

Edited by Fifth313ment

I accidentally discovered another way to take screen shots. Power button +volume down takes screen shots. You hear the camera shutter sound and a notification msg appears confirming the shot.

I was trying to turn the phone off with one hand and my finger was on the down volume button.

This may be old news to some of you but it was new to me.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

I accidentally discovered another way to take screen shots. Power button +volume down takes screen shots. You hear the camera shutter sound and a notification msg appears confirming the shot.

I was trying to turn the phone off with one hand and my finger was on the down volume button.

This may be old news to some of you but it was new to me.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Yeah, this works on every Android 4 series device I've used so far. Pretty cool.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

On another note...

Has anyone noticed how great the voice quality is on the EVO? No HD Voice yet and I would have to say that this has the best voice quality/ambient noise reduction capabilities vs. any other phone I've used on Sprint.

I really am looking forward to HD Voice.

• Like 1

On another note...

Has anyone noticed how great the voice quality is on the EVO? No HD Voice yet and I would have to say that this has the best voice quality/ambient noise reduction capabilities vs. any other phone I've used on Sprint.

I really am looking forward to HD Voice.

Not that I talk on the phone much but I have noticed it is very good. Even the other person thought I was at home one time when I was on the road.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

I have a problem with my EVO LTE and my Airave. When I am connected to airave the person on the side says it sounds like I am randomly pressing the keypad. I have rebooted the Airave and still no difference.