HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

[in my best Paul Hogan accent]

You call that good battery life? Now, this is good battery life.

2012-06-13 21.05.59.png

AJ

Click the graph and post that. Anyone can leave a phone on standby for two days.

Pretty decent for me especially with using the GPS for edmondo for walking and running. And using the hell out of tapatalk.

18fa4d6b-4bc7-0746.jpg

Now I am wondering why my phone was awake towards the end without the screen on. I bet that's the Damon airave flipping out the radio and making the 3g connection fall on its face. Need to get swapped to the 3g model fast.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Click the graph and post that. Anyone can leave a phone on standby for two days.

Two days of moderate usage...

dx1n54.png

AJ

• Like 1

I am impressed! I see WiFi helps a lot. I have WiFi at work but I don't need the bored yoyo's in networking to packet sniff. And they block VPN so I can't VPN from my phone to home. But teamviewer works just fine on my pc for a nice encrypted "tunnel" to the house for casual browsing.

Can you make phone calls through wifi if you didn't have any cell signal? What about texting?

No calls, unless you use the free apps such as Bobsled or Vonage.

No texting, unless you use another app. I use google voice, as I've integrated it.

As long it's good battery life for my needs that's all that really matters. But here you go.

ForumRunner_20120614_063159.png

[ATTACH]42[/ATTACH]

Fastest speed test for me on 3g. This tower usually performs pretty good since its an "end of coverage" tower and people in this area travel farther than this tower goes as the city has moved out and Sprint had not kept up with the movement, so people either have ATT or VZW here.

425761ce-d586-a5c9.jpg

As long it's good battery life for my needs that's all that really matters. But here you go.

This looks more like my usage. I'm a pretty heavy user.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

On a road trip and off Sprint's map. Roaming on Verizon and 3g roaming is working very well out here in the middle of no where. 850 performance is pretty good.

On the interstate I kept dropping 3g in my normal places but the EVO was quick to jump to 1x or roaming. Didn't have that sluggish switch over like I had on the epic.

425760a5-754a-749a.jpg

• Like 2

What PRL do you have loaded to give you 3G roaming?

I haven't loaded the corp roaming prl yet. This is a stock prl and is left over 3g roaming for when Sprint didn't have evdo in that area. Old Alltel Sid and subnet that is still active. Worked great.

I haven't loaded the corp roaming prl yet. This is a stock prl and is left over 3g roaming for when Sprint didn't have evdo in that area. Old Alltel Sid and subnet that is still active. Worked great.

Ohh alright, lucky man, here everything is Verizon 1x :(

Ohh alright' date=' lucky man, here everything is Verizon 1x :([/quote']

I push one button on my GNex home screen and I have Verizon 3G roaming. Voila! :)

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

So do you constantly roam even in sprint area?

So do you constantly roam even in sprint area?

No. I am not trying to get out of my contract by roaming all the time. I only roam in Sprint areas when I have issues with the Sprint tower I am on.

• Like 1

So apparently the SG3 is going to get better signal than the HTC EVO LTE? I thought HTC always had better signal than Samsung... Are these significant enough differences to where even in very low signal areas we will notice a difference? I really wanted to try an HTC device as this is my first, simply because of Samsungs radios being garbage.

SG3:

Maximum RF ERP: 17.78 dBm (CDMA1X 850), 20.77 dBm (EV-DO 850), 24.05 dBm (CDMA1X 1900), 23.85 dBm (EV-DO 1900), 17.21 dBm (CDMA1X 800), 17.56 dBm (EV-DO 800), 22.01 dBm (LTE 1900)

EVO LTE:

Maximum RF ERP: 20.43 dBm (CDMA1X 850), 18.74 dBm (EV-DO 850), 22.98 dBm (CDMA1X 1900), 18.44 dBm (EV-DO 1900), 20.01 dBm (CDMA1X 800), 18.75 dBm (EV-DO 800), 19.85 dBm (LTE 1900)

What is really odd is when I put the OG EVO and EVO LTE side by side on a table, floor, etc... the EVO LTE wins by a few dB! But once I pick both phones in my hand the OG EVO wins by a few dB? I tried holding both phones in different positions (two fingers at top, bottom, sides, palm holds, etc) but the results were always the same: OG EVO in hand and EVO LTE laying down? What is kinda odd too is that the OG EVO gains a few dBs when it is being touched but the EVO LTE almost loses some sometimes? I know a lot of you guys are really knowledgeable in this area and could explain why this happens? I don't have an EVO 3D but everyone is saying that both the OG EVO and EVO 3D both blow away the EVO LTE in signal strength and that simply isn't true from my testing! During my testing either device was 1-3dB from each other like i described above and I don't call that huge, but maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks,

5th :)

Wow, this phone seems to have something new every day. I guess I should be glad my Google wallet worked from the beginning.

Well, apparently there was an update pushed out to the Google Wallet app, and now when I open it, it says that it is not yet been certified in my country or on my device/carrier.

I guess they got tired of people calling in with the same issue.

Well, apparently there was an update pushed out to the Google Wallet app, and now when I open it, it says that it is not yet been certified in my country or on my device/carrier.

I guess they got tired of people calling in with the same issue.

That stinks! I just tried to open mine and got the same message. I went to Google Play to leave a review and lo and behold, "Ooops we are having trouble processing your request. Please try again later." What a coinkidink!

Oh and I had loaded additional funds above the free $10 so now I have no access to that money and no way to get it back. :td:

What version do you guys of software do you have? 1.13.651.1? I think there's some more letters after that. I'm trying to compare some software versions, basebands, as I have a ticket open with Sprint for my phone not handing off of the wifi to the 3G at home. I believe it is an Airave issue as it works fine off other wifi's and I've even tried another wireless router at my home and it still does it.

If you guys could post some screen shots of the following that would great:

Settings -> About

Settings -> About -> Software information

Settings -> About -> Software information -> More