HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

My Facebook widget simply refuses to update on a regular basis. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm getting so sick of Facebook. My pages are now littered with posts and photos from my friends' friends. I scoured for a setting to stop that, but it doesn't seem to be changeable. Like I care that one of my friends likes a photo from a friend of theirs in Ireland.

Facebook is so off course and getting more and more irrelevent. I may just cancel my FB account.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 4

I also had success with this exact remedy last year. Wifi analyzer then channel change. I was surprised how many wifi signals were floating about and all were on the default. We live in a neighborhood of 1/3 acre plots. I did go out and get a new wifi router to crush the neighbors. :ninja:

Someone awhile back had mentioned that they were having WiFi connection issues. Well today I experienced the same thing while here at home. I couldn't hold a signal for more than a few seconds even sitting right next to the router. The only thing that helped was changing the channel on my router. I haven't lost signal once since I changed the channel. I downloaded WiFi Analyzer from the Market and determined that my neighbor was on the same channel. I chose a channel with no one else on it and things are holding fine. I can't say for sure that was the problem but that's the only thing I changed.

I'm getting so sick of Facebook. My pages are now littered with posts and photos from my friends' friends. I scoured for a setting to stop that, but it doesn't seem to be changeable. Like I care that one of my friends likes a photo from a friend of theirs in Ireland.

Facebook is so off course and getting more and more irrelevent. I may just cancel my FB account.

On the upper right hand side of each friend's post there is a drop down arrow. You won't see it until you put your cursor within the post. Click the drop down arrow and you can choose to see All, Most or Only Important updates from that person. You can also choose to unsubscribe from their posts which means you won't be de-friending them but you won't see their posts anymore in your news feed. If you want to know what's going on with them you will have to go directly to their page.

I also had success with this exact remedy last year. Wifi analyzer then channel change. I was surprised how many wifi signals were floating about and all were on the default. We live in a neighborhood of 1/3 acre plots. I did go out and get a new wifi router to crush the neighbors. :ninja:

If your new router is dual band you an also use the 5GHz wifi to connect your Evo since it's likely not many of your neighbors would be on those channels.

• Like 2

Just do it. I have been off for 2 years. I'm sure you can find another way to stay connected.

I turned off notifications from almost everyone, but my closest friends. The first person I ever turned off was my sister in law. The funny thing is, every night I get a verbal update from my wife on all my sister in law's updates. If anyone can figure out how to turn THAT off, you will be my hero.

• Like 2

I turned off notifications from almost everyone, but my closest friends. The first person I ever turned off was my sister in law. The funny thing is, every night I get a verbal update from my wife on all my sister in law's updates. If anyone can figure out how to turn THAT off, you will be my hero.

LMFAO! That is why I don't have a Facebook. I borrow my friends logins to view images and such but that's it. I have just the solution of you! *d*i*v*o*r*c*e*! She'll be turned OFF permanently!

5th

If your new router is dual band you an also use the 5GHz wifi to connect your Evo since it's likely not many of your neighbors would be on those channels.

This is a great feature. I have my main desktop and my phone connected to the 5GHZ signal, my laptop, the wife's phone, and anyone else I allow to access my wireless router connected to the normal signal. It isn't as strong of a signal, the range is certainly not as good, but very fast and very stable in the house.

I left them a year ago due to the course they were headed. It's been so great as people actually text or call me to communicate instead of talking in comments. The people bragging about what have or what they or doing along with the people airing out there drama drove me insane as well.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

I also had success with this exact remedy last year. Wifi analyzer then channel change. I was surprised how many wifi signals were floating about and all were on the default. We live in a neighborhood of 1/3 acre plots. I did go out and get a new wifi router to crush the neighbors.

Hahaha...that's what I did as well. Picked up a Ubiquiti PowerAPN. Mean router. I use it just as an access point though. 1000mw with high gain antennas blows the doors off those cheapo 30mw linksys routers. I can even use my WiFi through two houses and across a 200 yd field at the baseball park next to my neighborhood. And since the new EVO I can use it much farther down the street as well.

• Like 3

Hahaha...that's what I did as well. Picked up a Ubiquiti PowerAPN. Mean router. I use it just as an access point though. 1000mw with high gain antennas blows the doors off those cheapo 30mw linksys routers. I can even use my WiFi through two houses and across a 200 yd field at the baseball park next to my neighborhood. And since the new EVO I can use it much farther down the street as well.

Those routers sound sweet, have you had any issues woth your antenna? I was looking into them because in my condo complex the channels are littered with signals.

I use a cheapo. I figured I can access it in the house and even the yard, but I don't want the whole neighborhood seeing my router broadcasting, security or not... Even with a hidden ssid

Sent from my CM9 Toro

Seems like my evo is struggling lately. Sluggish. Takes some time to "load" after closing out of certain apps and returning back to three home screen. When I look to see what is running, it says I'm using choose to 600mb and have about 80mb left in ram. When I look at what's being used in the running apps tab, it isn't week close to 600. More like 125. Any thoughts?

Ran into another issue this morning.... I have a line-in jack on my audio system in the car. I plugged in my phone to it and when I plugged it in it call my house. So I hit end call and went and played my music. I looked down and it was trying to do some voice dial thing. So I hit cancel and went on with my driving. When I got to my destination, I unplugged the phone from the wire and it called my house again! I assume it thinks the stereo is one of those headsets with a button on it or something. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

My annoyance is building in the past couple of days with stupid stuff on this phone... I love the phone but my patience is growing thin. I probably would have brought this thing back for lunch today but I would be out the $50 for the otterbox case as the Sprint guy threw away my case. I'm sure I could throw a fit but I hate having to do that, and plus having to go back to my Epic would be downer as well.

Ran into another issue this morning.... I have a line-in jack on my audio system in the car. I plugged in my phone to it and when I plugged it in it call my house. So I hit end call and went and played my music. I looked down and it was trying to do some voice dial thing. So I hit cancel and went on with my driving. When I got to my destination, I unplugged the phone from the wire and it called my house again! I assume it thinks the stereo is one of those headsets with a button on it or something. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

My annoyance is building in the past couple of days with stupid stuff on this phone... I love the phone but my patience is growing thin. I probably would have brought this thing back for lunch today but I would be out the $50 for the otterbox case as the Sprint guy threw away my case. I'm sure I could throw a fit but I hate having to do that, and plus having to go back to my Epic would be downer as well.

Had the same problem with my 3D. Download headset blocker from the market. I used to get so annoyed by that.

Those routers sound sweet, have you had any issues woth your antenna? I was looking into them because in my condo complex the channels are littered with signals.

It's not your typical home router, as their equipment are meant for individuals that have a good understanding of networking and wireless. It didn't have some features that I needed so I kept my regular router in place and simply use this one as a wireless access point.

I purchased previously because my Samsung Epic was horrible in wifi reception and I wanted to be able to be on wifi all across the yard. One positive thing about the EVO is the wifi reception is 10 times better than the Epic.

Had the same problem with my 3D. Download headset blocker from the market. I used to get so annoyed by that.

Thanks... Will have to check it out.

Seems like my evo is struggling lately. Sluggish. Takes some time to "load" after closing out of certain apps and returning back to three home screen. When I look to see what is running, it says I'm using choose to 600mb and have about 80mb left in ram. When I look at what's being used in the running apps tab, it isn't week close to 600. More like 125. Any thoughts?

I noticed the same thing recently but I attributed it to the fact that since I don't have to swap out batteries with this like my OG Evo, I rarely reboot the phone. Once I rebooted the performance was back up. Now I just turn it off and turn it back on every couple of days and I have no issues.

I noticed the same thing recently but I attributed it to the fact that since I don't have to swap out batteries with this like my OG Evo, I rarely reboot the phone. Once I rebooted the performance was back up. Now I just turn it off and turn it back on every couple of days and I have no issues.

I had that same thought as I went to bed, so I rebooted the phone and it seems like it's back to normal now. I was used to the Echo I had where I was swapping out the battery twice daily. I was also a little surprised to see how much RAM was being used on a normal basis.

I am seeing a lot more issues popping up with this phone and personally I really haven't experienced any of these issues for the most part. Now I don't know who else practices this but every single time I purchase a new phone, as soon as I get home the very first thing I do before setting it up is to perform a hard reset.

edit:

Let me add though that I kept getting the reset time notification thing but I just unchecked the boxes from automatic under the date/time setting and I haven't had the issue since. Also, there was an issue with wifi disconnecting randomly at times. So all I did was went under advanced setting under wifi changed the frequency band from auto to either 5ghz or 2.4ghz(depending on your router of course), so no more wifi issues.

• Like 2

I am seeing a lot more issues popping up with this phone and personally I really haven't experienced any of these issues for the most part. Now I don't know who else practices this but every single time I purchase a new phone, as soon as I get home the very first thing I do before setting it up is to perform a hard reset.

I've never tried that before, but it's sounds like a great practice. Since I haven't rooted this phone and have no backups I won't be doing it now but I will for future devices I purchase.

Thanks for the idea!

• Like 1

I've never tried that before, but it's sounds like a great practice. Since I haven't rooted this phone and have no backups I won't be doing it now but I will for future devices I purchase.

Thanks for the idea!

I added a little extra to my post but yeah, its something that I have been doing since the winmo days. As soon as I get home I just do a hard reset and for the most part it seems to have always worked for me as far as cutting down on random issues.

Edit:

Yeah, I haven't rooted mines either. I am hoping there is another way to get the bootloader unlocked other than the htc method.

• Like 1