HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I have a problem with my EVO LTE and my Airave. When I am connected to airave the person on the side says it sounds like I am randomly pressing the keypad. I have rebooted the Airave and still no difference.

Try using another Sprint phone on the device and see if it happens there as that will tell you if it is your phone or Airave?

Keep in mind that the iBeats that come with the Evo are VERY heavy on bass, to the point that you will want to get "normal" earphones for instances when you aren't playing rap or hip-hop.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII-32GB using Forum Runner

I'm seeing some reports that Google Wallet is back up for us Evo users. I'm still getting the error. Is it back up for anyone else?

Im so torn between this and the gsiii and silly enough the only things leading me toward htc are the beats headphones and the shutter button. But the gsiii will give me a whole gig to my self!

Keep in mind that the iBeats that come with the Evo are VERY heavy on bass, to the point that you will want to get "normal" earphones for instances when you aren't playing rap or hip-hop.

Just wanted to let you two know that the evo does not come with beats headphones.

Just wanted to let you two know that the evo does not come with beats headphones.

Good call. I read somewhere that HTC was no longer including the Beats in-ears even with phones that have Beats Audio support.

White EVO LTE on the 15th? (and SGSII/Epic Touch buy one' date=' get one free)

http://www.technobuf...ource=pulsenews

That link has the best/worst comment ever! "Does this mean that if I buy one for 99 I get another one for free or does it have to be 2 lines?" Come on man...

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1

That link has the best/worst comment ever! "Does this mean that if I buy one for 99 I get another one for free or does it have to be 2 lines?" Come on man...

LOL! Nice catch, Scott. That is pretty funny! Comments like that, and (mostly) fanboys are why I stopped reading blog comments quite sometime ago.

LOL! Nice catch' date=' Scott. That is pretty funny! Comments like that, and (mostly) fanboys are why I stopped reading blog comments quite sometime ago.[/quote']

That is the definition of facepalm. No?

• Like 1

After charging the battery to full my HTC EVO 3D always shallow cycles it until unplugged from the charger. In Battery Monitor Widget I can see the battery alternating between discharging to 95% and charging back up to 100%. This is done to prevent overcharging and to extend long term battery life.

My new EVO 4G LTE on the other hand simply stays at full charge after reaching 100% and until unplugged. I can't see any cycling in BMW. Any idea why the change in behavior and wouldn't it negatively affect battery health? Meanwhile, I'm going to make it a habit to unplug the phone after charging and not leave it plugged in overnight.

Got my Samsung airave swapped for the airvana one with 3g. So far so good. Left the WiFi off and it has handed off with no issues. Haven't tested with WiFi on overnight and see if it still does. I might just leave WiFi off and let it eat. No big deal unless I am downloading videos with beyondpod. Which I probably still download over 3g anyways since it doesn't matter as long as they download by the next day. A solid 2.6 connection is plenty for me on a phone :)

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Too funny!!!! Dude should walk in to a sprint store and say with a straight face: "Yeah, for whatever reason I can't make or receive calls, can you look at it to see what's wrong?"

• Like 4

Too funny!!!! Dude should walk in to a sprint store and say with a straight face: "Yeah, for whatever reason I can't make or receive calls, can you look at it to see what's wrong?"

go into a sprint store and ask "Do you have any screen protectors"
  • Like 5

go into a sprint store and ask "Do you have any screen protectors"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this happen to my old TP2 when I was in a car accident. it was sitting on the dash and crumpled with the car. Impressively, even the battery was bent and unbroken. It was also that day when I realized that airbags are pink. FTW

I was so excited to start using my new GPS navigation unit that I accidentally left my phone on the desk when I left work. I returned this morning to find that I was still at over 70% battery life. This thing sips power at idle. It's good to know that if I have to be away from a charger for well over a day I can pare down my usage and still have my device available to use as a phone if needed.

AdcJU.png?1Fl80t.png?1

• Like 2

^

I am very impressed by the battery life on this phone. Yesterday for example, I took my phone off the charger at 6:45 am, I got to my office around 7am and I left at 5pm. In my office I get 1 maybe 2 bars at best with crappy data(wifi was on though). Throughout the day I downloaded a few app updates, several text messages and emails, about 3hrs 20mins worth of phone calls, about 45 minutes of music while I was jogging after work. By the time I put my phone back on the charger which was around 10pm I was still sitting at 39%. This phone is amazing.

• Like 3

^

I am very impressed by the battery life on this phone. Yesterday for example, I took my phone off the charger at 6:45 am, I got to my office around 7am and I left at 5pm. In my office I get 1 maybe 2 bars at best with crappy data(wifi was on though). Throughout the day I downloaded a few app updates, several text messages and emails, about 3hrs 20mins worth of phone calls, about 45 minutes of music while I was jogging after work. By the time I put my phone back on the charger which was around 10pm I was still sitting at 39%. This phone is amazing.

that's pretty sweet...

What's your experience been like with the radios? any signal issues (other than lousy at work)? How does signal compare to previous devices? Any signs of some of the other issues I've read about (overheating, flickering display, poor data connection)?

Lastly - are you running stock or rooted/custom ROM?

that's pretty sweet...

What's your experience been like with the radios? any signal issues (other than lousy at work)? How does signal compare to previous devices? Any signs of some of the other issues I've read about (overheating, flickering display, poor data connection)?

Lastly - are you running stock or rooted/custom ROM?

Well I also own a gnex and under low signal situations(in my office for example) I definitely drop/miss quite a few calls but that rarely happens with my evo under the same conditions. Also, the screen does flicker slightly on a rare occasion or two but it actually happens on both my gnex and evo. At this moment I am rooted and running a custom rom but I have basically gotten similar results when I was 100% stock. As far as overheating, no issues at all unless I am playing a game for an extended period of time which I would say is normal.

• Like 1

I love my EVO LTE. But there is one thing I can do on my tablet that I can't figure out how to do on my phone. I hope you all can help.

I can use outside USB storage that I can't seem to get to work on my EVO.

I have a Samsung Tab2 7" with the same ICS operating system as the EVO where I use an included app called "my files" [which I can't find in the google app store], this app shows me "/Root/sdcard" & "/Root/extSdCard" AND when I attach a thumb drive it shows as "/Root/UsbDriveA."

Now seeing the external drive & contents I can view/use them.

Do you guys know how I can do that on my EVO?

I love my EVO LTE. But there is one thing I can do on my tablet that I can't figure out how to do on my phone. I hope you all can help.

I can use outside USB storage that I can't seem to get to work on my EVO.

I have a Samsung Tab2 7" with the same ICS operating system as the EVO where I use an included app called "my files" [which I can't find in the google app store], this app shows me "/Root/sdcard" & "/Root/extSdCard" AND when I attach a thumb drive it shows as "/Root/UsbDriveA."

Now seeing the external drive & contents I can view/use them.

Do you guys know how I can do that on my EVO?

ES File Explorer