Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

I just recently took the plunge and purchased an N6 as well.  Received it yesterday and can confirm I'm having the same issues w/ LTE.  Moving from an N5 w/ lollipop, messenger sent text messages over LTE almost instantaneously.  Now, I'm lucky if the text goes thru in 30 seconds and I had two text messages fail yesterday.  Keep in mind, I'm lucky enough to have my towers broadcasting Sprint B25,41,26 and have been for several months.  Definitely not a tower issue.  I tried a PRL / profile update as well to no avail.

As an aside, this phone is huge.  I'm really starting to enjoy it though the more I use it.  The screen is beautiful.

Maybe 5.0.1 will fix it?

EDIT: Also, what the heck are you guys using for car mounts now?  I used to use this mount for the N5 and loved it.  I'm having a hard time even fitting it in my cup holders...

Found this one that might work. We just have to be careful when talking about accessories and such, AJ might chime in and yell at us to start an accessory thread.  <_<

http://www.amazon.com/Jarv-Windshield-Suction-Ellipsis-Smartphones/dp/B00A8K00SO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1417745842&sr=8-6&keywords=car+mount+nexus+6

• Like 1

I'm one of the people experiencing the text messaging issue, can you all confirm that you are integrated with Google Voice or not?  A Sprint thread has recently noted that this may be the problem.  I'm going to disconnect mine and let you know if it is any different.

Thanks.

I'm one of the people experiencing the text messaging issue, can you all confirm that you are integrated with Google Voice or not?  A Sprint thread has recently noted that this may be the problem.  I'm going to disconnect mine and let you know if it is any different.

Thanks.

i am not fully integrated.  only use GV for voicemail, that is it.  i have the problem.

• Like 1

I'm one of the people experiencing the text messaging issue, can you all confirm that you are integrated with Google Voice or not? A Sprint thread has recently noted that this may be the problem. I'm going to disconnect mine and let you know if it is any different.

Thanks.

I don't have Google Voice integration but still have the issue. When it works the text will send immediately, otherwise it gets stuck on sending and apparently sends it multiple times.

It seems to me like it's an eCSFB problem, since others have reported missing calls as well. It's as though the phone isn't properly switching over to CDMA reliably.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't have Google Voice integration but still have the issue. When it works the text will send immediately, otherwise it gets stuck on sending and apparently sends it multiple times.

It seems to me like it's an eCSFB problem, since others have reported missing calls as well. It's as though the phone isn't properly switching over to CDMA reliably.

I was wondering if it had something to due w/ eCSFB as well.  I agree with the fact that if it goes, it goes immediately just like my N5.  If it doesn't, it gets stuck and appears to be 'sending' forever.  I've had it come back as failed only to find out that it has been sent multiple times.  This would also make sense as to why the problem is 'fixed' by moving to 3G or CMDA instead of LTE.  I just wonder how the N6 is any different than any other Tri-Band phone...

EDIT: To note, all towers around me are fully upgraded Sprint B25/26/41 and have been for months.  So, I do not believe it is the towers causing eCSFB, it is the radio on the phone or some weird network issue with this phone specifically.

I was wondering if it had something to due w/ eCSFB as well. I agree with the fact that if it goes, it goes immediately just like my N5. If it doesn't, it gets stuck and appears to be 'sending' forever. I've had it come back as failed only to find out that it has been sent multiple times. This would also make sense as to why the problem is 'fixed' by moving to 3G or CMDA instead of LTE. I just wonder how the N6 is any different than any other Tri-Band phone...

EDIT: To note, all towers around me are fully upgraded Sprint B25/26/41 and have been for months. So, I do not believe it is the towers causing eCSFB, it is the radio on the phone or some weird network issue with this phone specifically.

The only difference I can think of is that it uses a CSIM. But doesn't the newest HTC phone and iPhone 6 use this as well? I'm not aware of them having the same issue.

I know Verizon also uses CSIM (and I think they have since they launched LTE?), and they would also need to use eCSFB with the Nexus 6. So I'm curious if anyone using it on Verizon is experiencing the same issue. If so, then it's likely a Nexus 6 problem. If not, then it's probably Sprint.

• Like 2

The only difference I can think of is that it uses a CSIM. But doesn't the newest HTC phone and iPhone 6 use this as well? I'm not aware of them having the same issue.

I know Verizon also uses CSIM (and I think they have since they launched LTE?), and they would also need to use eCSFB with the Nexus 6. So I'm curious if anyone using it on Verizon is experiencing the same issue. If so, then it's likely a Nexus 6 problem. If not, then it's probably Sprint.

Google'ing it I only found Sprint users complain about it, doesn't mean it is only them.  With it not being offered from Verizon yet, I'll bet that is why we haven't seen them complain as much if it is an issue.

Let me be the first to say that you are so lucky to have network vision completely finished in your area.

I was wondering if it had something to due w/ eCSFB as well. I agree with the fact that if it goes, it goes immediately just like my N5. If it doesn't, it gets stuck and appears to be 'sending' forever. I've had it come back as failed only to find out that it has been sent multiple times. This would also make sense as to why the problem is 'fixed' by moving to 3G or CMDA instead of LTE. I just wonder how the N6 is any different than any other Tri-Band phone...

EDIT: To note, all towers around me are fully upgraded Sprint B25/26/41 and have been for months. So, I do not believe it is the towers causing eCSFB, it is the radio on the phone or some weird network issue with this phone specifically.

• Like 2

Let me be the first to say that you are so lucky to have network vision completely finished in your area.

Hey Terrell i read earlier that you swapped out your sim card with an AT&T one.  So I suppose I am wondering is your Nexus 6 a Sprint one?  with that being said did you buy it subsidized with a 2 year contract or buy it outright.  If so I am just curious because I would like to try out different sim cards in mine, but so far I have had no luck, tried a T-Mobile sim but it does not do anything.  Is there anything special I need to do?  I have been told AT&T service in my area is not bad. Thanks.

Kevin

Hey Terrell i read earlier that you swapped out your sim card with an AT&T one. So I suppose I am wondering is your Nexus 6 a Sprint one? with that being said did you buy it subsidized with a 2 year contract or buy it outright. If so I am just curious because I would like to try out different sim cards in mine, but so far I have had no luck, tried a T-Mobile sim but it does not do anything. Is there anything special I need to do? I have been told AT&T service in my area is not bad. Thanks.

Kevin

I bought it on sprint easy pay. There is nothing special you need to do. I just swapped sims wait a min or two and it works. Same happened when I got my nexus 5 on Sprint. I discovered At&t has LTE advanced here, and T-Mobile is getting bigger coverage converting metro towers to T-Mobile towers the only network I have not tried is Verizon. Might try Verizon Sunday.
  • Like 2

I bought it on sprint easy pay. There is nothing special you need to do. I just swapped sims wait a min or two and it works. Same happened when I got my nexus 5 on Sprint. I discovered At&t has LTE advanced here, and T-Mobile is getting bigger coverage converting metro towers to T-Mobile towers the only network I have not tried is Verizon. Might try Verizon Sunday.

You didn't have to root to get it to accept the other sims? I have bought an N6 with 2 year contract and want to be able to do the same.

You didn't have to root to get it to accept the other sims? I have bought an N6 with 2 year contract and want to be able to do the same.

No. I used T-Mobile the same day I bought this. It was locked and unrooted. Now its unlocked. I also decrypted it. But it was network unlocked out of the box.

Made a video. Sprint Nexus 6 sim switch to T-Mobile.:

I take it band 26 isn't optimized yet. Sprint band 26 and T-Mobile signal were pretty much the same. T-Mobile has to be using AWS or PCS band for their LTE. Nice video showing the hot swapping of Sim cards.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I take it band 26 isn't optimized yet. Sprint band 26 and T-Mobile signal were pretty much the same. T-Mobile has to be using AWS or PCS band for their LTE.

That depends upon the site locations for both Sprint and T-Mobile.  In path loss, the most important factor is not frequency but proximity.

AJ

I wanted to start a separate thread to help track down an issue with my phone and likely others as well.  What is happening is I'm not always getting phone calls or able to make calls from my Sprint purchased Nexus 6. 

Here is what I know so far in my week of having it. LTE is fine, voice works fine as long its set to 3G only, voice seems to be flaky when the phone is picking up Band 41 where no one can reach me by phone and I have to make at least three attempts for a outbound call.  The B41 is new info for me so I haven't been out to test much yet but will today.  

So some of you guys that are in Spark deployed areas can you see if calls are an issue when connected? Try a few times if you can.  Also, I don't make a lot of calls or even get a lot so I may have never caught this if it wasn't for one of my persistent friends.  So what I'm saying is you may have an issue and not even know it.  

That depends upon the site locations for both Sprint and T-Mobile. In path loss, the most important factor is not frequency but proximity.

AJ

In the video he said that Sprint and T-Mobile were on the same site. That's why I made that statement.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have never seen the CD slot mount before.  I'm going to get me one.  It will work perfect in my Volvo.  I never use CD's anymore!

Just make sure the plastic surrounding the slot is tight.  It is on my Accord, probably because it is stock.

I love my CD slot mount.

Also this works well for vents:

http://www.amazon.com/Kenu-Airframe-Car-Mount-Phablets/dp/B00LU5LWQK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417886212&sr=8-2&keywords=airframe+mount

I use that if I am on a trip/another car.

• Like 1

I take it band 26 isn't optimized yet. Sprint band 26 and T-Mobile signal were pretty much the same. T-Mobile has to be using AWS or PCS band for their LTE. Nice video showing the hot swapping of Sim cards.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm this video they were actually coming from the same tower and the tower actually has been optimized. Band 25 would have been 100dbm. T-Mobile is on the top, Sprint is in the middle and Verizon is on the bottom. Around here the majority of sites Sprint is at the bottom or middle with only 4 sites that I know of where they are on the top rack.
  • Like 1