Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Its been like that since I installed Signal check Pro on the Nexus. It didn't connect to the same site. In fact, the Not e 4 and the Note Edge do the same thing. I didn't even think of waiting for both to be on the same site.  I just placed both phones next to each other on the table and screenshot them. Reduced the size of the pics and posted them. 

I'll see if I can take further pics if they attach to the same site.

TS

Another thing I noticed is that the Edge was connected to B41 (I guess samsung's misreporting that properly on SCP) and the N6 was on B25.

Also as a side note: N6 typically not as quick to grab B41 as my G3, that might be the case here as well vs the Edge.

• Like 1

Another thing I noticed is that the Edge was connected to B41 (I guess samsung's misreporting that properly on SCP) and the N6 was on B25.

Also as a side note: N6 typically not as quick to grab B41 as my G3, that might be the case here as well vs the Edge.

Actually I have had the same issue grabbing B41.  Ill be camped on B26 on my Nexus 6.  While my Galaxy S5 connect to B41 right away.  Must be priorities.

Actually I have had the same issue grabbing B41. Ill be camped on B26 on my Nexus 6. While my Galaxy S5 connect to B41 right away. Must be priorities.

I've gotten over 30 Mbps while showing b26 so do a speed test next time. I won't say what I'm thinking since I know AJ will chew me out ;) but I'm curious to see if they peg at the same speed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The screen shots show two different sites.  How did the -RSRP compare when connected to the same site? (Ideally for each band.)  Thanks!!

Okay, I did a few more pics using signal check pro.

First I lined them up from left to right (smaller images shown, click to see full scale if necessary)

Mega, Note 4, Note Edge, and Nexus 6

tn_Mega-Note4-Edge-Nexus6-1.png

I then ran Signal Check Pro for all of them.

As you can see, like I mentioned previously, getting them to all to be on the same band is close to impossible.

I'm surprised that the Mega got a signal since I swapped the Note 4 for it.

tn_Mega-Note4-Edge-Nexus6-2.png

After trying to get them all be on the same band, I gave up. I then took the Galaxy Mega out of the compare since for some reason every time I connected to LTE, the Note 4 would not. (Like I said, it could be that the Mega shouldn't be connected to at all since the Note 4 was the device I EIN swap with it.

tn_Mega-Note4-Edge-Nexus6-3.png

Below is the Note 4, Edge, and Nexus 6 after getting them to be on the same B25 band.

tn_Mega-Note4-Edge-Nexus6-4.png

I did another one for good measure

tn_Mega-Note4-Edge-Nexus6-5.png

And finally one with the Edge and the Nexus 6 on B26 (The Note 4 refuses to get out of B25 as you can see by the time, I spent a few hours trying to get to but no cigar.)

tn_Mega-Note4-Edge-Nexus6-6.png

Hope that helps.

TS

• Like 5

First I lined them up from left to right (smaller images shown, click to see full scale if necessary)

As you can see, like I mentioned previously, getting them to all to be on the same band is close to impossible.

I'm surprised that the Mega got a signal since I swapped the Note 4 for it.

After trying to get them all be on the same band, I gave up. I then took the Galaxy Mega out of the compare since for some reason every time I connected to LTE, the Note 4 would not. (Like I said, it could be that the Mega shouldn't be connected to at all since the Note 4 was the device I EIN swap with it.

Below is the Note 4, Edge, and Nexus 6 after getting them to be on the same B25 band.

Hope that helps.

TS

Actually that's B41 on the note 4 on last screen shot, (starts with 03 clear B41) Samsung doesn't always report properly.

Otherwise cool comparison, gives us a pretty good idea of the performance difference if any.

One thing I do notice is how much stronger B26 is on the N6 vs the other devices, that could explain my theory of why it hangs on to B26 a lot better than the N5.

• Like 3

Actually that's B41 on the note 4 on last screen shot, (starts with 03 clear B41) Samsung doesn't always report properly.

Otherwise cool comparison, gives us a pretty good idea of the performance difference if any.

One thing I do notice is how much stronger B26 is on the N6 vs the other devices, that could explain my theory of why it hangs on to B26 a lot better than the N5.

Yea, I noticed the same thing... That is quite a jump for b26 performance. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm on the fence with this phone.

• Like 1

Heading to the Jacksonville Jag's game today, so lets see how well my Nexus 6 performs there.  lol.  Wonder if it will be congested or be able to keep up.  Thanks for the comparisons twospirits!

• Like 3

Heading to the Jacksonville Jag's game today, so lets see how well my Nexus 6 performs there. lol. Wonder if it will be congested or be able to keep up. Thanks for the comparisons twospirits!

Probably not. No one goes to the Jags games anymore. [emoji58]

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 4

Well Jags game service was pretty horrible.  Well inside of the stadium at least.  I had great signal, but could not get any download speed whatsoever.  Tried several things to get phone to work, but alas no luck.  Went outside during half time and connected to a Clear B41 site and it was pretty good.  38 down and 12 up.  So not bad around the stadium.  Just a huge black hole inside.  lol.  I was connect to a Band 26 site while inside the stadium.  When it did hit it was hit or miss for the most part.  Game wasn't to bad either.  Towards the end at least.  The first 3 quarters not so good, but end result Jags one 25 to 24...

I did have clear B41 all over Jacksonville.  Didnt drop down to 3G at all within the city on my Nexus 6.  So things are getting better.  I did connect to 1 Sprint B41 tower.  Still trying to figure out which one I actually did connect to.  It was briefly.  It did seem like my Nexus 6 once it caught onto Clear B41 it didnt want to drop it for anything.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that the Mega got a signal since I swapped the Note 4 Hope that helps....

...TS

Too bad the Note edge would not cooperate on getting on Band 41, since that is the area it is supposed to excel at. However it did not fall down at all like the B25 FCC ratings would have suggested.

Thanks for your hard work.

What cases do you guys recommend? I like the cruzerlite style TPU cases. Any feedback would be appreciated. Currently lookin at the TUDIA ultra slim on amazon.

I have the clear one.  It works pretty good so far.  Got it from a TMobile store because all the sprint ones were out.  Hard as heck to get the phone intot he case.  But after its in it works great.  Has a kickstand and its clear.  and it wasnt to badly priced.  Should have been cheaper, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

I have the clear one.  It works pretty good so far.  Got it from a TMobile store because all the sprint ones were out.  Hard as heck to get the phone intot he case.  But after its in it works great.  Has a kickstand and its clear.  and it wasnt to badly priced.  Should have been cheaper, but it is what it is.

I have a spigen that is really nice

I'll check them out. Thanks guys.

the cruzerlite cases are great!

I agree. I have been using them for years now, I'm just looking for something similar but a little more plain and slightly stiffer around the edges on the sides/top/bottom. I would still recommend cruzerlite though.

If this is going to devolve into nothing but a discussion of different case options, start a separate Nexus 6 accessories thread.  Case talk is boring.

AJ

• Like 3

Did anyone that pre ordered this November 14 form Sprint get a credit for the decrease in price. I have gone in circles for a week trying to get this completed. Yesterday after being on the phone for an hour trying to accomplish this the rep said that she needed to get a supervisor to accomplish this. She came back 7-10 minutes later, and said I figured out why we were unable to get this done.

You don't have a Google phone you have a Motorola phone.....therefore we can not switch the contract because you don't actually have a Google Nexus. You have a Motorola phone some how and we can not switch that because you are not suppose to have a Motorola phone. When I told her that in fact that this is a Google Nexus 6, and it was made by Motorola she said that I was not paying attention to her and that she needed to end the conversation and get someone else to help me. rofl

I then said to her that you told me that this is not a Google phone and that it was a Motorola phone that is why this price can't be swithced correct....she said yes, then I that said I heard you, but I disagree with your facts, and that's where we have issues. She said that's correct but you don't want to believe me so I can't help you if you won't accept what I am telling you. 

I then said you was supposed to get your supervisor, but you came to this conlcusion about this not being a Google Nexus all on your own, and because I disagree with you you won't entertain the thought of me being right, and you being wrong so just get your supervisor, as you said you would do over a half hour ago. She then said, you should be thanking me because with out me you would not know that your problem is that you have the Motorola phone when it should be a Google phone. I then said where would I be without your infinite wisdom. Thank god I had you to clue me in to this invaluable bit of information, and proceeded to LMAO!

It seems to do this I must go to a corporate store turn in the phone, and restart another contract at the lower rate or take a credit  for 49.00 and still pay the EZ pay 29.00 a month. I think that the Easiest way is to take the credit and pay 29.00 ez pay or just get it swapped out by the 5th and start over to get it priced as it should be.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Since signalcheck pro still works on the nexus 6 would it be feasible to create an app that basically replicated the function of the engineering screen that is missing on the nexus 6?

Not bloody likely.  In the roughly six years of Android handsets, no such engineering screen app has existed -- outside of the few hidden, internal APKs.  If it were possible, mikejeep likely would have built it into SignalCheck Pro by now.

AJ

• Like 3

Not bloody likely. In the roughly six years of Android handsets, no such engineering screen app has existed -- outside of the few hidden, internal APKs. If it were possible, mikejeep likely would have built it into SignalCheck Pro by now.

AJ

sprint DM exists just not sure how to force it to the screens when you open it directly it just gives the informational screen.

• Like 1