Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Cool video doing the Sim swap plus speed test, its becoming clear that ATT has deployed CA, nice showing by Sprint, Verizon...ha

Nexus 6 Speed Test on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint:

Great video. CA on At&t is nice. Can't wait to try it on Verizon once they get the equipment to do so.

I take it band 26 isn't optimized yet. Sprint band 26 and T-Mobile signal were pretty much the same. T-Mobile has to be using AWS or PCS band for their LTE. Nice video showing the hot swapping of Sim cards.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Probably AWS, and he also seems to have a healthy amount of neighboring cells around tested location.

• Like 1

I wanted to start a separate thread to help track down an issue with my phone and likely others as well.  What is happening is I'm not always getting phone calls or able to make calls from my Sprint purchased Nexus 6. 

Here is what I know so far in my week of having it. LTE is fine, voice works fine as long its set to 3G only, voice seems to be flaky when the phone is picking up Band 41 where no one can reach me by phone and I have to make at least three attempts for a outbound call.  The B41 is new info for me so I haven't been out to test much yet but will today.  

So some of you guys that are in Spark deployed areas can you see if calls are an issue when connected? Try a few times if you can.  Also, I don't make a lot of calls or even get a lot so I may have never caught this if it wasn't for one of my persistent friends.  So what I'm saying is you may have an issue and not even know it.  

Honestly for the handful of sites and my testing I did on I-205 going from PDX to Tualatin, OR; I also have a few sites near me in Vancouver that are B41 enabled. I haven't encountered any problems with voice calls at all. If anything I got complements that I sounded better? I have however had drop out issues on LTE where it will lose signal, and take 30s-1minute to connect back again, forcing doesn't help either. Outside the drop outs occasionally its been pretty solid for me. 

In the video he said that Sprint and T-Mobile were on the same site. That's why I made that statement.

Meh, I do not watch amateurish video clips -- especially if they do not provide substantial synopses.

Better yet, just forgo shoddy camerawork.  Instead, provide intelligent write ups with relevant screenshots.

AJ

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced horrible idle time with the nexus 6? Last night I feel asleep around 3am with the battery around 75% and woke up around 1pm and the device was completely dead. Any ideas what could be causing this kind of battery drain?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9s3dgjpvf0bb41/Screenshot_2014-12-06-12-28-45.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx3a5hr8jy70s4s/Screenshot_2014-12-06-12-28-40.png?dl=0

Edited by HTCandroid

Has anyone experienced horrible idle time with the nexus 6? Last night I feel asleep around 3am with the battery around 75% and woke up around 1pm and the device was completely dead. Any ideas what could be causing this kind of battery drain?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9s3dgjpvf0bb41/Screenshot_2014-12-06-12-28-45.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx3a5hr8jy70s4s/Screenshot_2014-12-06-12-28-40.png?dl=0

not at all.  huge improvement over the N5 actually...

• Like 1

Has anyone picked up bands 12 or 13 with their nexus 6 yet? Just wondering if any of the roaming agreements have become active...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How would these show up? Without engineering screens, I guess we're dependent on SCP. Is it able to identify these bands?

How would these show up? Without engineering screens, I guess we're dependent on SCP. Is it able to identify these bands?

Probably a question for mikejeep. Does scp show bands for different carriers? If so then I don't see why it wouldn't show band 12 or 13 and the company that runs the signal.

Cool video doing the Sim swap plus speed test, its becoming clear that ATT has deployed CA, nice showing by Sprint, Verizon...ha

Nexus 6 Speed Test on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint:

Do any of the carriers hold speedtests against your alloted data?

Probably a question for mikejeep. Does scp show bands for different carriers? If so then I don't see why it wouldn't show band 12 or 13 and the company that runs the signal.

When I put in my AT&T sim it picked up AT&T Band 2.  dont know if that means anything.  Is band 2 one of their slower or faster bands?

When I put in my AT&T sim it picked up AT&T Band 2. dont know if that means anything. Is band 2 one of their slower or faster bands?

Its their equivalent to band 25 as far as signal strength. Speed depends on bandwidth 5mhz, 10mhz, etc and your proximity to the cell site.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

If band 2 is around LTE Advanced may be present also. Around here I know of 5 towers using CA all with ridiculous data speeds even in peak hours.

When I put in my AT&T sim it picked up AT&T Band 2. dont know if that means anything. Is band 2 one of their slower or faster bands?

When I put in my AT&T sim it picked up AT&T Band 2.  dont know if that means anything.  Is band 2 one of their slower or faster bands?

Either AT&T lacks any Lower 700 MHz (band 17) in your market or it has enabled carrier aggregation between band 2 and band 17.  The oddball aspect of carrier aggregation in the Nexus 6, though, is that it supports the PCC (Primary Component Carrier) on only band 2 or band 4, not band 17.  So, band 17 can be only the SCC (Secondary Component Carrier).  That is a bad combo for coverage, since the PCC on band 2 or band 4 will drop before the SCC on band 17, causing momentary loss of signal.

AJ

• Like 1

AT&T has been hitting mid 40's for DL speeds in the Harrisburg area.  I was at Sam's Cub off of Grayson road yesterday.  Tested AT&T in the parking lot got 45.15  DL and 40.99 on the two tests I ran. 

• Like 1

AT&T has been hitting mid 40's for DL speeds in the Harrisburg area.  I was at Sam's Cub off of Grayson road yesterday.  Tested AT&T in the parking lot got 45.15  DL and 40.99 on the two tests I ran. 

I don't know if it is good or not, but on my iPad i put the sim card in and am getting about 19.35 down and close to 10 up.  Not sure if that is good or not for an iPad.  I am having a bit of an issue though.  The sim card i have is now on a tablet plan.  wonder if i have to call AT&T and have them switch it or if i am just screwed...

Either AT&T lacks any Lower 700 MHz (band 17) in your market or it has enabled carrier aggregation between band 2 and band 17. The oddball aspect of carrier aggregation in the Nexus 6, though, is that it supports the PCC (Primary Component Carrier) on only band 2 or band 4, not band 17. So, band 17 can be only the SCC (Secondary Component Carrier). That is a bad combo for coverage, since the PCC on band 2 or band 4 will drop before the SCC on band 17, causing momentary loss of signal.

AJ

I noticed on band 17 speeds go back to normal. Can a software update make it happen or is that a no go?

I had this installed for less then a day and the plastic cracked! On the side where power button is.

I'd email them and ask them for a replacement, mines still in perfect condition. And I've had it day one.

It seems that 5.0.1 is already starting to hit a few devices.

So we have that going for us, which is nice.

Yep, it's in the hole.

AJ

• Like 1