Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Will this fix the multiple texts over LTE? Or just a sprint issue. Att is recalling the nexus 6

i have had a user tell me they received double of everything i sent, but most the time it shows "did not send" or something along those lines, tap to try again...

Did anyone that pre ordered this November 14 form Sprint get a credit for the decrease in price.

I spoke with customer care as soon as the price dropped and they said I'd see the credit on my bill after a few billing cycles.

Try using an app other than the stock messenger.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tried stock messenger, hangouts, and chomp sms.  they all behave the same (do not work correctly).  there is definitely a bug with either 5.0, or the nexus 6, or sprint.

tried stock messenger, hangouts, and chomp sms. they all behave the same (do not work correctly). there is definitely a bug with either 5.0, or the nexus 6, or sprint.

Try textra, they've pushed about 7 updates in the past two weeks with bug fixes for L. So its most likely something with L
  • Like 1

Try textra, they've pushed about 7 updates in the past two weeks with bug fixes for L. So its most likely something with L

doesn't textra save sms messages in a different way than pretty much all other apps?  as in if i uninstall it, messages are lost?

doesn't textra save sms messages in a different way than pretty much all other apps? as in if i uninstall it, messages are lost?

I have no clue, I use SMS backup and restore to export them anyways in addition to my twrp backups.

looks like textra has issues as well. very delayed in sending most or fail.

Going with n6 issue then since I have no on an n5 running L on LTE 99.9% of the time I use my phone.

Has anyone found any trouble with making calls. About half the time I'm able to receive or make calls. The other times it just sits dialing. Seems to only happen on LTE though. Data is rock solid though, no issues at all about that.

• Like 1

Has anyone found any trouble with making calls. About half the time I'm able to receive or make calls. The other times it just sits dialing. Seems to only happen on LTE though. Data is rock solid though, no issues at all about that.

Yep same issue here.  It happens to me all the time on LTE.  

looks like textra has issues as well.  very delayed in sending most or fail.

I HAVE BEEN USING TEXTRA FOR YEARS AND I CAN TELL YOU ON MY NEXUS 6 I HAVE NO MISSENT,OR REPETITIVE TEXT!

WHEN I last had repetitive text it was the network deployment that casued this, maybe some of this is a network issue as well.

I HAVE BEEN USING TEXTRA FOR YEARS AND I CAN TELL YOU ON MY NEXUS 6 I HAVE NO MISSENT,OR REPETITIVE TEXT!

WHEN I last had repetitive text it was the network deployment that casued this, maybe some of this is a network issue as well.

awesome, thanks for the informative post.  CAPS HELPS A LOT TOO.

• Like 2

I just recently took the plunge and purchased an N6 as well.  Received it yesterday and can confirm I'm having the same issues w/ LTE.  Moving from an N5 w/ lollipop, messenger sent text messages over LTE almost instantaneously.  Now, I'm lucky if the text goes thru in 30 seconds and I had two text messages fail yesterday.  Keep in mind, I'm lucky enough to have my towers broadcasting Sprint B25,41,26 and have been for several months.  Definitely not a tower issue.  I tried a PRL / profile update as well to no avail.

As an aside, this phone is huge.  I'm really starting to enjoy it though the more I use it.  The screen is beautiful.

Maybe 5.0.1 will fix it?

EDIT: Also, what the heck are you guys using for car mounts now?  I used to use this mount for the N5 and loved it.  I'm having a hard time even fitting it in my cup holders...

• Like 2

awesome, thanks for the informative post.  CAPS HELPS A LOT TOO.

Textra works great for text, but I have had issues sending picture messages using both textra and the regular messenger app...  

I just recently took the plunge and purchased an N6 as well. Received it yesterday and can confirm I'm having the same issues w/ LTE. Moving from an N5 w/ lollipop, messenger sent text messages over LTE almost instantaneously. Now, I'm lucky if the text goes thru in 30 seconds and I had two text messages fail yesterday. Keep in mind, I'm lucky enough to have my towers broadcasting Sprint B25,41,26 and have been for several months. Definitely not a tower issue. I tried a PRL / profile update as well to no avail.

As an aside, this phone is huge. I'm really starting to enjoy it though the more I use it. The screen is beautiful.

Maybe 5.0.1 will fix it?

EDIT: Also, what the heck are you guys using for car mounts now? I used to use this mount for the N5 and loved it. I'm having a hard time even fitting it in my cup holders...

I have no luck with dash mount . I use CD slot mount (I didn't use the CD player in years )
  • Like 1

I have no luck with dash mount . I use CD slot mount (I didn't use the CD player in years )

I'd love to, but I have an old Altima ('09) w/ a 5 disc changer that is located BELOW the radio and a real awkward spot / no room for the disc mount ones :(.  Thanks for the suggestion though, I hear those work great.

• Like 1

I have never seen the CD slot mount before.  I'm going to get me one.  It will work perfect in my Volvo.  I never use CD's anymore!

• Like 1