Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

I could not live without the extra functionality of a Samsung branded phone.

The only functionality you'll find on a Samsung phone you can't duplicate on the nexus would be the stylus from the note series, Sprint's branded WiFi calling, and expandable storage. You don't have to use Google's camera app, it's just what is already there.

• Like 1

I know but not a stylus... I am a Note fan.

Also I stick away from Google, Motorola, LG, Apple, HTC branded devices. Last one I bought was an EVO 3D.

With the Google Nexus, I would be upset with it probably because it is a Motorola and Google, and it will have the stock Google OS / ASOP. I prefer TouchWhiz all the way. Samsung's camera app is also way better. Based on my comparisons of Google ROM Edition and Samsung ROMs on my previous Galaxy S4..

If the last non-Samsung branded phone you used was an EVO 3D (which I'm sure came out 4 years ago) how can you pass judgement on LG, Apple, and HTC. That doesn't seem right to me.

• Like 5

If the last non-Samsung branded phone you used was an EVO 3D (which I'm sure came out 4 years ago) how can you pass judgement on LG, Apple, and HTC. That doesn't seem right to me.

He likes Samsung, as hard as that is for some of us to believe.  :lol:

• Like 4

If the last non-Samsung branded one you used was an EVO 3D (which I'm sure came out 4 years ago) how can you pass judgement on LG, Apple, and HTC. That doesn't seem right to me.

I have used plenty of phones I just didn't buy then for myself personally. Also one can normally tell how quality a phone is just by looking at it. There is rarely a time at least when I go to buy that anyone has a phone quite as good as Samsung. Plus Samsung has a huge modder community that most of the other phones don't have. Whereas a Galaxy phone normally has dozens upon dozens of custom roms to choose from, you might only have one choice or none or a few with other brands..

People buy Samsung for the quality hardware, to avoid LCD, and the modder community. At least on T Mobile. I have noticed Samsung's Sprint modder community is slightly lacking so but so is the community around their other phones. On the other hand, the new Note 4 does have quite a bit of Roms but only a fraction of what T Mobile has.. All the big developers for some reason are gravitating to T Mo  (compare by looking at the XDA developers forum for each device to see what is out there.). Also T Mo had dozens of custom ROMs almost day one, as all the Galaxy S5 and S4 developers picked it up fast, it took until December for a full custom ROM to come out for Sprint, which is when a dozen other options suddenly popped up.

Edited by wise

I know but not a stylus... I am a Note fan.

Also I stick away from Google, Motorola, LG, Apple, HTC branded devices. Last one I bought was an EVO 3D.

With the Google Nexus, I would be upset with it probably because it is a Motorola and Google, and it will have the stock Google OS / ASOP. I prefer TouchWhiz all the way. Samsung's camera app is also way better. Based on my comparisons of Google ROM Edition and Samsung ROMs on my previous Galaxy S4..

maybe you should kick it in the samsung forum.  we are nexus fans over here.  cya.

• Like 1

The SOT is no better than the one m8. Smh.I still personally desire the cloud white nexus 6 64GB which is impossible to find in stock! Moto had it it for a few hours but missed that inventory run.

When I first got the device I averaged between 3.5-4hrs. After about 2 weeks that improved to slightly higher than 4. But I could not help myself Installed pure ROM and Franco kernel, I'm seeing between 6.5-7.5hrs depending on usage.

When I first got the device I averaged between 3.5-4hrs. After about 2 weeks that improved to slightly higher than 4. But I could not help myself Installed pure ROM and Franco kernel, I'm seeing between 6.5-7.5hrs depending on usage.

With Franco's kernel do you run Franco's default settings or do you tweak them?

I got mine Friday and activated it Sat. So far I have better signal than my S4 and I have averaged 5+ hours of sot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Do you plan to update to 5.0.1?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think I may have found a pattern with the duplicate SMS issue. If I'm connected to a Clear B41 tower then texts seem to reliably send. But if I'm on B25 or B26 then they hang and duplicate. I think Sprint B41 (8T8R) also may cause duplicates, but I haven't had a chance to verify that yet.

I think I may have found a pattern with the duplicate SMS issue. If I'm connected to a Clear B41 tower then texts seem to reliably send. But if I'm on B25 or B26 then they hang and duplicate. I think Sprint B41 (8T8R) also may cause duplicates, but I haven't had a chance to verify that yet.

No issues here with SMS and being on B41 8T8R.

I am running 5.0.1 CleanROM and its working great.

Upgraded my n6 to 5.0.1 no issues. Only issue I had was after they ported in my phone number, my mms quit working until I updated the correct ported in phone number in the settings.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2