iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

All 8 generations? That's awesome! My 6 plus will be my 5th iPhone model. (I'm not counting warranty replacements, for obvious reasons.)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yup. all 8 of them. and about 6 or 7 of them I purchased on launch day - I've had my current cell phone number since the launch of the original iPhone :)

• Like 2

Does the LG G3 not use dialer codes such as ##debug# to tell what band you are on?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Probably, but I haven't had an Android phone for a while and forgot the functions. Too late now since I refunded the phone.

Has anyone requested Sprint to fully unlock their iPhone 6 yet?  Just wondering since the Sprint variant will have 20 LTE channels available, if it will operate on other carrier LTE channels?

Can we fully unlock with Sprint? I tried calling to unlock my iPhone5 for better resale value, but the CS wouldn't' give me the unlock code because I am still 'under contract' until Oct 25.

always wondered how that works

Can we fully unlock with Sprint? I tried calling to unlock my iPhone5 for better resale value, but the CS wouldn't' give me the unlock code because I am still 'under contract' until Oct 25.

off contract, Phone on the line for 90 days and the bill has to be current. Even then I don't think it will fully unlock. Just internationally.

My understanding is that they will unlock for international use but don't for domestic use. Models introduced after February 2015 should be able to be fully unlocked for domestic use but as of right now I don't think they'll do a domestic unlock. Something about not having the ability to unlock the cdma radio or something, I'd have to look it up again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk

You can but there are plenty of stipulations.  It is on the Sprint website.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411132896.472875.jpg

That God for preorder cause I skipped a few hundred people in line. Apple got me all set up and ready to go. What I did notice was each carrier had a representative in store for any issues which I thought was good.

I also picked up b41 and best of all...no spinning spark logo!

How do you get to this screen on iPhone 6?

-Martin

Well today is my first day at work since having the iPhone 6, so my usage has stabilized into my normal pattern.

This device (iPhone 6, not the +) is giving me fantastic battery life!  I woke up at roughly 6:30 CST and have put in roughly 2 hours of actual usage time (screen on time since I haven't listened to music or had any background tasks running), and I still have 87%!  It seems like each charge gets a little bit better (probably just in my head, but it really does seem like it).  I would say over an hour of the usage was outdoors in direct sunlight so the auto brightness had it pretty much maxed out too.  Also, I only have a very weak LTE signal at my office at about -110 dBm on B26.

If I was on my N5, I would usually be at 50-55% at this point in the day, and my old G2 would probably be sitting around 75%.  Oh... and to get that type of battery life on the N5 and G2, I had to have brightness turned down to 20% and 40% respectively - using the phone outdoors was a real pain...

This phone keeps impressing me.  It will be odd to not have the freedom of Android to mod and customize my phone as much, but this device just works.  No tweaking needed.  The LTE scan time continues to amaze...  With my older devices, I always had to cycle airplane mode to get LTE after getting off the elevator, but now yet again...  It just works - before I get to my desk I have LTE.

• Like 4

Well today is my first day at work since having the iPhone 6, so my usage has stabilized into my normal pattern.

This device (iPhone 6, not the +) is giving me fantastic battery life!  I woke up at roughly 6:30 CST and have put in roughly 2 hours of actual usage time (screen on time since I haven't listened to music or had any background tasks running), and I still have 87%!  It seems like each charge gets a little bit better (probably just in my head, but it really does seem like it).  I would say over an hour of the usage was outdoors in direct sunlight so the auto brightness had it pretty much maxed out too.  Also, I only have a very weak LTE signal at my office at about -110 dBm on B26.

How does that reception compare to the N5?  I know it comes back to LTE faster as you said.

I wonder if any Android phones allow the LTE rescan to be modified.  You'd think if any the N5 would be one.  I know some can even change the initial LTE band priority.

How does that reception compare to the N5?  I know it comes back to LTE faster as you said.

I wonder if any Android phones allow the LTE rescan to be modified.  You'd think if any the N5 would be one.  I know some can even change the initial LTE band priority.

B25 is on par with or maybe even better than the N5 on the newer radios.

B26 is about the same...  maybe a little worse.  (if it is worse - it is like 1 or 2 dBm...  falls into the margin of error or natural variations that's for sure) 

No live B41 around here (as you know), so I can't compare B41 yet but the word is that it appears that the iPhone may be the best B41 performer at this time.  Seems to be much stronger than the N5.

While B26 might be a hair weaker on this device than the N5, I am on LTE probably twice as much due to the quicker transition back to LTE. 

Anecdotally, it seems that the new iPhones may be the best out there for B41.  And about the same for B25/B26 as the N5 based on our member reports.

Edited by S4GRU
Looks like I got beat. That's what I get for answering the phone before finishing my thought LOL
  • Like 5

Wow, i am looking forward to this phone even more. I have a 5 that doesn't even get B26 so as you can imagine my current LTE is spotty at best. I'm hoping that the significantly better radio in the 6/6+ will resolve the issue - based on Sensorly I should have excellent signal here.

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk

Edited by Amber

Anecdotally, it seems that the new iPhones may be the best out there for B41.  And about the same for B25/B26 as the N5 based on our member reports.

Edited by S4GRU, 22 September 2014 - 02:32 PM. 

Looks like I got beat. That's what I get for answering the phone before finishing my thought LOL

What is this "answering the phone" of which you speak?  Anyone who calls me can talk to my voicemail.  In fact, voicemail may be my best friend.  If I won a free boat ride for three, I would invite my voicemail and Robert -- or maybe T-Pain.

AJ

• Like 2

So I've accessed the field test screens. What other relevant iPhone dialer codes are there to access other information? 

None, at the moment. It has not been determined if iOS 8 is open enough to allow apps like signal check to modified for ios...

We may find out in the future. Field test mode is the only way to at least check what band class you are on.