iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Absolutely loving my Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Provides ample protection for screen, camera, etc. without making the device too thick or too heavy. Have a Tudia case coming in tomorrow, too - and based on my usage of those in the past for other devices, it should be excellent, as well.

Absolutely loving my Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Provides ample protection for screen, camera, etc. without making the device too thick or too heavy. Have a Tudia case coming in tomorrow, too - and based on my usage of those in the past for other devices, it should be excellent, as well.

Are you having the button issue? They're sending me button stabilizers to fix the issue. Also, how does the case hold the phone near the middle. I noticed I can push out on the case and it gives a little, but nothing too serious. Just wondering if it's the same on yours. Or did you get the metal one?

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Are you having the button issue? They're sending me button stabilizers to fix the issue. Also, how does the case hold the phone near the middle. I noticed I can push out on the case and it gives a little, but nothing too serious. Just wondering if it's the same on yours. Or did you get the metal one?

Hi Jamison!

Here's the exact one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LL6ZPXY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No issues for me. Sorry to hear you've run into some. What exactly is the button issue? Only thing I've noticed is it's a bit hard to access the rocker switch to mute the speaker because the opening is so narrow. As far as the way the case is holding the phone - no issues to report - at least nothing different than other cases I've used (Incipio, Tudia, etc.).

Hi Jamison!

Here's the exact one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LL6ZPXY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No issues for me. Sorry to hear you've run into some. What exactly is the button issue? Only thing I've noticed is it's a bit hard to access the rocker switch to mute the speaker because the opening is so narrow. As far as the way the case is holding the phone - no issues to report - at least nothing different than other cases I've used (Incipio, Tudia, etc.).

That is the exact case I got as well. Great minds think alike. I have also noticed the volume button is difficult to get too, but I only silence my phone when in class or a movie or something like that. 

The button issue is that the buttons are not responding as well as they should. Basically it's because they don't contact the phones buttons correctly, which provides no "rebound" for the button to push back out. So they are sending out stabilizers, which is a squishy urethane plastic to put over to all better contact between the case's buttons, and the phone buttons. (thats a lot of buttons in one post).

My spigen neo hybrid metal saved my phone in a motorcycle accident I was in yesterday. The band is rashed up with some of the rubber worn down as well. If it can survive me sliding on it at 20-25 mph I'm sure it will hold up to pretty much anything.

Have you noticed any reception issues? And what color did you get. I may return mine and get the metal one if it hasn't impacted the reception...

and wow! I hope you're okay. And the bike. Glad the phone didn't get destroyed too. 

Have you noticed any reception issues? And what color did you get. I may return mine and get the metal one if it hasn't impacted the reception...

and wow! I hope you're okay. And the bike. Glad the phone didn't get destroyed too.

I didn't notice any reception issues. I only had it on for a day though. The silent switch cut out is too narrow to flip it with ease so I took the case off.

Broke my scaphoid bone in my right wrist which has a big effect on my nerves and blood flow. I'm just glad I walked away from it all.

My bike should be okay. The bike mine slid into. Not so much.[emoji17]

I didn't notice any reception issues. I only had it on for a day though. The silent switch cut out is too narrow to flip it with ease so I took the case off.

Broke my scaphoid bone in my right wrist which has a big effect on my nerves and blood flow. I'm just glad I walked away from it all.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, but glad you walked away from it. Perhaps you should tell your story to the Spigen amazon account review page, or talk to them on live chat. Tell them how amazing their case did and say it saved the phone. They might even send you one for free! Hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Ouch. Sorrry to here that, but glad you walked away from it. Perhaps you should tell your story to the Spigen amazon account review page, or talk to them on live chat. Tell them how amazing their case did and say it saved the phone. They might even send you one for free! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Great minds must think alike. I'm considering which route will actually make it to spigen and not someone's junk mailbox. I'm not looking for a handout, I just want them to know how good their case is. Saved me at least a few hundred bucks in a matter of a few seconds.

Glad to hear you are still alive. :) Get better soon with that bone in your wrist.

I've had friends who didn't fair well in motorcycle accidents. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great minds must think alike. I'm considering which route will actually make it to spigen and not someone's junk mailbox. I'm not looking for a handout, I just want them to know how good their case is. Saved me at least a few hundred bucks in a matter of a few seconds.

Last time I spoke with them I used their live chat feature on their website...It isn't showing up right now, so perhaps it's only later in the night they have it up. Not sure...But that route would definitely be the best way to let them know as you would be speaking directly with a person.

That is the exact case I got as well. Great minds think alike. I have also noticed the volume button is difficult to get too, but I only silence my phone when in class or a movie or something like that. 

The button issue is that the buttons are not responding as well as they should. Basically it's because they don't contact the phones buttons correctly, which provides no "rebound" for the button to push back out. So they are sending out stabilizers, which is a squishy urethane plastic to put over to all better contact between the case's buttons, and the phone buttons. (thats a lot of buttons in one post).

Gotcha. Yeah, definitely not having that issue with mine.

Would you happen to know if Spigen be updating their case for this issue or will they sell current stock with the update before new cases are shipped?

Would you happen to know if Spigen be updating their case for this issue or will they sell current stock with the update before new cases are shipped?

Steve, I would say the issue is likely resolved. The case I ordered on Friday, that arrived yesterday, does not have this issue.

• Like 1

On a side note while we're talking about CSFB: doesn't CSFB, theoretically, provide a device with better battery life because it isn't maintaining a constant connection to both LTE and 1x, or, in the iPhone's case, not constantly have to ping the CDMA side of the network when connected to LTE?

An idle CDMA1X mobile does not "ping" the network.  In slotted mode, it "wakes" every few seconds and "listens" to the paging channel.  And probably 99 percent of the time, there are no pages directed to the mobile during that slot, so it goes back to "sleep."

AJ

Yeh, I assume it has been resolved in all future products. If anything, they probably just added the part to their existing inventory or threw in the button stabilizers with the order.

I await the stabilizers so I can actually get full usage out of this case lol. I like the case, but its very annoying to turn the phone on and off, and use the volume buttons.

• Like 1

I have a question does the new iphone support wifi calling or will it in the future?

Nobody knows the answer to this, but I believe the answer is yes. Apple chat told me the phone is capable of wifi calling, but it clearly has not been activated yet. Milan or conan kudos ( forget who) said we might not see it for a while, and some others said it could be as early as q1 2015. 

So yeah, I'm starting to really like Band 41.  This was at Westheimer/Bering in Houston near the Galleria.  

BTW, if you're new to the iPhone, download RootMetrics from the App Store.  It lets you map speed tests similarly to Sensorly on Android.

I'm already at over 1 gb in speed tests on ookla >.>.....Good thing for unlimited data. And hey! Sprint should be happy. I am curving Orlando's speed test for the better. I wish sensorly didn't suck on iOS. I would map like crazy. I could give root metrics a go considering their most recent reports showed how much sprint has improved. Perhaps I'll help curve the results and we can get back above TMO.

• Like 2

I'm already at over 1 gb in speed tests on ookla >.>.....Good thing for unlimited data. And hey! Sprint should be happy. I am curving Orlando's speed test for the better. I wish sensorly didn't suck on iOS. I would map like crazy. I could give root metrics a go considering their most recent reports showed how much sprint has improved. Perhaps I'll help curve the results and we can get back above TMO.

Has Sensorly not updated for iOS8 yet?  I know that the mapping I have done on Sensorly has shown on their maps with my i5.

Has Sensorly not updated for iOS8 yet? I know that the mapping I have done on Sensorly has shown on their maps with my i5.

Sensorly has never been able to map coverage with the iPhone. Speedtests they would be able to based on GPS being a public accessible api. Hopefully cellular radio information would be more accessible in the future for Sensorly. It would be awesome if we could map like that.

Sensorly has never been able to map coverage with the iPhone. Speedtests they would be able to based on GPS being a public accessible api. Hopefully cellular radio information would be more accessible in the future for Sensorly. It would be awesome if we could map like that.

It does map it. I've done speed tests in a specific location to test it. It just can't continuously test and plot points like on android