iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I have no idea what to check. Anyone know how to ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Go to Settings > About, scroll down to Carrier and tap that. It'll show your current PRL

Updating the PRL can be done by dialing ##873283# (##UPDATE#) and then hitting call.

***edit: heh, this didn't answer the question at hand. My bad.***

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Edited by Amber
  • Like 1

Glad to hear the good feedback. Still waiting on my order. Checked this morning and still no tracking number.

Same boat. I've heard that the wait times quoted at Sprint and by Sprint Customer Care are way high balled and we should expect them in the next 5-7 days but I don't know how reputable that information is.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

Just listed my iPhone 5S on eBay. Near-mint condition, no scratches, no blemishes, no dents or dings... Carrier unlocked for international use and one year of AppleCare+ remaining.

When I was building the listing, eBay said that similar phones were selling for $597.  :o  :tu:  :2tu:

• Like 2

Just listed my iPhone 5S on eBay. Near-mint condition, no scratches, no blemishes, no dents or dings... Carrier unlocked for international use and one year of AppleCare+ remaining.

When I was building the listing, eBay said that similar phones were selling for $597. :o:tu::2tu:

That makes me hopeful to sell mine for a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I feel this is definitely a solid "no regrets" upgrade over my N5. 3G performance seems a bit stronger, and it grabs LTE a lot more often. 

It's nice having SMS text over LTE now, very zippy! I'm so happy with this phone, can't wait to drop it!

How is your battery life compared to your N5?

How is your battery life compared to your N5?

I am also coming from a N5, and while I haven't had the device long enough to give a definitive answer, it seems better. I charged it fully last night and so far I am at 2:30 of on screen time and 7:00 of standby and I still have 68% left.

I always use a new phone at lot more than usual the first couple days, so I definitely think I will easily get over a days use during normal usage.

• Like 2

I am also coming from a N5, and while I haven't had the device long enough to give a definitive answer, it seems better. I charged it fully last night and so far I am at 2:30 of on screen time and 7:00 of standby and I still have 68% left.

I always use a new phone at lot more than usual the first couple days, so I definitely think I will easily get over a days use during normal usage.

Great! I can barely get 3 hours total of screen on time with my N5. I'm heading into Best Buy today and I'll hopefully walk out with one. Thanks!

• Like 2

Great! I can barely get 3 hours total of screen on time with my N5. I'm heading into Best Buy today and I'll hopefully walk out with one. Thanks!

Ive been using mine pretty heavy. A lot of data intensive apps and speed tests and I'm not on wifi right now either...

It's doing pretty good lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 1

I feel this is definitely a solid "no regrets" upgrade over my N5. 3G performance seems a bit stronger, and it grabs LTE a lot more often. 

It's nice having SMS text over LTE now, very zippy! I'm so happy with this phone, can't wait to drop it!

The 6 uses SMS over LTE now?! That's one of the things I loved about my N5 was that.

• Like 1

Went on a Chick Fil A run primarily to see Spark in action, but when I got a b41 connection (full signal), I couldn't use the Internet at all. that was a bit disappointing. :(

Also.. is this battery great or what?!

543b98f277e622f59d2f42b415e76af6.jpg

Edited by nahum365
  • Like 1

How much space is available for use on the 16GB iPhone? I'm thinking of buying one for my dad, but not sure if its sufficient. He could easily get away with using a 16GB nexus 5 which has about 12.5 available after partitioning for the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

where can I find out what the latest PRL for the phone. The coverage map in Naperville shows complete coverage for B41 but all I was receiving was B25 and B26.

My phone's PRL is: 51102

You should read up on what a PRL does, for you seem very confused.  :dazed:

Nevertheless, http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4085-current-sprint-prls/

• Like 1

where can I find out what the latest PRL for the phone. The coverage map in Naperville shows complete coverage for B41 but all I was receiving was B25 and B26.

My phone's PRL is: 51102

1) That is the latest PRL for the iPhone.

2) The PRL has nothing to do with LTE bands.

-Anthony

• Like 2

You should read up on what a PRL does, for you seem very confused.  :dazed:

Nevertheless, http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4085-current-sprint-prls/

now I have to admit its been years since I followed PRL's and tower priorities. I am trying to figure out why my iPhone is not locking on to the B41 band when the coverage map has the whole city covered. 

How much space is available for use on the 16GB iPhone? I'm thinking of buying one for my dad, but not sure if its sufficient. He could easily get away with using a 16GB nexus 5 which has about 12.5 available after partitioning for the OS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I bought a 16GB and my capacity is shown as 11.8GB.

Sent from my iPhone using T

• Like 1

now I have to admit its been years since I followed PRL's and tower priorities. I am trying to figure out why my iPhone is not locking on to the B41 band when the coverage map has the whole city covered.

Who's coverage maps? Sprint's? Don't use their coverage maps. They are horribly inaccurate.

-Anthony

• Like 1