iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

So does anyone know if the Ipone 6/6+ still ping the 3G network for incoming calls and texts, or have they switched to ecfsb? Something different from my 5s and 6 that I have noticed is the speed in which my texts send on the 6. Most of the time it's instant. Unlike the 5s which took anywhere from 3-10 seconds.

So does anyone know if the Ipone 6/6+ still ping the 3G network for incoming calls and texts, or have they switched to ecfsb? Something different from my 5s and 6 that I have noticed is the speed in which my texts send on the 6. Most of the time it's instant. Unlike the 5s which took anywhere from 3-10 seconds.

The 6 sends and receives texts over LTE and does not have a simultaneous LTE/1x connection like the 5S/5C do. That is why texting is faster :-)

And yes, eCSFB for calls.

• Like 1

The 6 sends and receives texts over LTE and does not have a simultaneous LTE/1x connection like the 5S/5C do. That is why texting is faster :-)

And yes, eCSFB for calls.

This is new to me. My sister has an iPhone but she uses normal texting instead of iMessage for some reason....I was wondering why my messages would send so fast to her.

• Like 2

Anyone experiencing screen taps not responding?  I initially had this issue when first setting up, wasn't able to put in my wi-fi password.  Now, its getting worse, every other time, unable to pickup a call when swiping.  The only solution i have is to turn of screen with power button, then everything on the screen is working again.

On the Apple forum said to reset, I had this issue when it was brand new out of the box, so reset is not a solution.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6542262

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6548698

• Like 1

So, I have not actually been on my computer all weekend. Have been studying for an exam I just used my phone when I saw a notification. 

The iPhone 6/6+:

• Use eCSFB  unlike the other iphones
  • Sends texts over LTE vs 3g network
  • Has amazing b41 RF, even better than the nexus so far?
  • Has great battery life for how small the battery is compared to other smartphones
  • And has about the same RF for b25 and b26. 

Has anyone been able to confirm if the phone will lock onto 1x800 better now or will it still hug onto 1900 until there is literally no way to make a phone call?

• Like 1

Anyone experiencing screen taps not responding?  I initially had this issue when first setting up, wasn't able to put in my wi-fi password.  Now, its getting worse, every other time, unable to pickup a call when swiping.  The only solution i have is to turn of screen with power button, then everything on the screen is working again.

On the Apple forum said to reset, I had this issue when it was brand new out of the box, so reset is not a solution.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6542262

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6548698

YES!!! I was at the apple store the other day getting applecare set up. I was swiping up on the screen to open my camera and I noticed it wouldn't work. The rep (whom I know), said UH OH! And went whoa....that's not good. Took it over to another 3 reps and they looked at it. They turned the phone off and back on and it fixed it but it just did it yesterday again. I am HOPING it has something to do with iOS and not the screen.

Edit: I will definitely be bringing it back when it dies down. If it continues, I'll just have my phone replaced lol.

YES!!! I was at the apple store the other day getting applecare set up. I was swiping up on the screen to open my camera and I noticed it wouldn't work. The rep (whom I know), said UH OH! And went whoa....that's not good. Took it over to another 3 reps and they looked at it. They turned the phone off and back on and it fixed it but it just did it yesterday again. I am HOPING it has something to do with iOS and not the screen.

Edit: I will definitely be bringing it back when it dies down. If it continues, I'll just have my phone replaced lol.

I am an Android guy, first time on Apple device, I am not liking it already because of this issue.  Talking about Android being buggy. LOL

Just read Apple sold 10 Million on opening weekend.. 1 million more then last year ( despite the fact Apple didn't launch in China this year -  like they did last year with the 5s/5c )... so thats impressive..

..And its a good thing they didn't launch in China day 1..

I am an Android guy, first time on Apple device, I am not liking it already because of this issue.  Talking about Android being buggy. LOL

If it's an issue with iOS, it'll be fixed in the next update. If it's an issue with the screen, apple will replace the phone for free. All new devices and operating systems have their faults.

If it's an issue with iOS, it'll be fixed in the next update. If it's an issue with the screen, apple will replace the phone for free. All new devices and operating systems have their faults.

We have two other iPhone 6, works perfectly.  Most likely not the iOS.  Luckily have spare phone to swap to for the mean time. Waiting for the stores to cool down to get it swapped.

• Like 1

We have two other iPhone 6, works perfectly.  Most likely not the iOS.  Luckily have spare phone to swap to for the mean time. Waiting for the stores to cool down to get it swapped.

Well that sucks. I guess I will have to go get mine replaced too. Glad you have an alternative for the time being.

So, I have not actually been on my computer all weekend. Have been studying for an exam I just used my phone when I saw a notification. 

The iPhone 6/6+:

• Use eCSFB  unlike the other iphones

Where is the indication that the iPhone 6 Sprint variants use e/CSFB for LTE and CDMA2000?  I have not seen this, and it certainly was not the case for the iPhone 5 variants.

AJ

• Like 1

Thought I had read it in this thread. I do not have a source.

Check the engineering screens.  If the idle handset indicates valid connection stats for both LTE and CDMA1X, then it is not using e/CSFB.

AJ

Minor issue with my iPhone 6 WiFi. I have a very fast Internet connection speed at home (105MB down) and when I ran the Ookla Speedtest app on my iPhone 6 it was topping at 45MB. I ran the test on my iPad Mini and I was getting >100MB speeds on it. I went online and read that some people were having issues with WiFi. Some people were recommending to reset the network settings. I did that and now I'm getting the expected speeds. Anybody had this issue?

Jamison, I would wait at least two or three weeks before you do that. The reason I say that is remember that iOS 8 is new. It is prone to having some issues at first. Last year iOS 7 had some issues (the phone would crash and reboot when multitasking - I never kill apps) for about three months that really bothered me. I went to three phones and the issue persisted. I should have just waited until iOS got straightened out. I would say any heavy user is experiencing those lags with iOS 8. 

The other issue I've had is the one someone else mentioned that when I take the phone out of the pocket sometimes it does not want to switch the screen orientation. Once again, this is obviously an iOS issue and might even be fixed by the first software upgrade that based on past experiences will come out within a week or two. (I've owned every single iPhone since the first one)

Jamison, I would wait at least two or three weeks before you do that. The reason I say that is remember that iOS 8 is new. It is prone to having some issues at first. Last year iOS 7 had some issues (the phone would crash and reboot when multitasking - I never kill apps) for about three months that really bothered me. I went to three phones and the issue persisted. I should have just waited until iOS got straightened out. I would say any heavy user is experiencing those lags with iOS 8. 

The other issue I've had is the one someone else mentioned that when I take the phone out of the pocket sometimes it does not want to switch the screen orientation. Once again, this is obviously an iOS issue and might even be fixed by the first software upgrade that based on past experiences will come out within a week or two. (I've owned every single iPhone since the first one)

Yeh I know. I was going to wait a while and see if the next update fixes the issue. I feel that it will. If it doesn't then it's not a huge deal. They will just give me a new phone or screen and I'll be on my way.

Another question: Who had a 5S, and is Touch ID faster and more accurate than the 5S?

I had a 5s and now a 6. I actually think Touch ID is faster and more accurate. From my experience, it used to take just a bit too long to work on the 5s.

Yeh I know. I was going to wait a while and see if the next update fixes the issue. I feel that it will. If it doesn't then it's not a huge deal. They will just give me a new phone or screen and I'll be on my way.

I haven't experienced the bug at all (my wife hasn't too).  I guess it technically could be a software issue, but it should then present itself on pretty much everyone's iPhone since we are all running the same OS.

The only real bug I have noticed 100% is an iOS bug.  Every now and then when I go into Settings and click on General, the phone will hang.  I usually just hit the home button and go back in and it is fine.  I am pretty sure I remember reading an article about it though, and I am sure it will get fixed in 8.0.1.

(I've owned every single iPhone since the first one)

All 8 generations? That's awesome! My 6 plus will be my 5th iPhone model. (I'm not counting warranty replacements, for obvious reasons.)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I haven't experienced the bug at all (my wife hasn't too).  I guess it technically could be a software issue, but it should then present itself on pretty much everyone's iPhone since we are all running the same OS.

The only real bug I have noticed 100% is an iOS bug.  Every now and then when I go into Settings and click on General, the phone will hang.  I usually just hit the home button and go back in and it is fine.  I am pretty sure I remember reading an article about it though, and I am sure it will get fixed in 8.0.1.

That was the great debate last year. Not everyone experienced the spring board crashes. Many of us did. The other huge bug was the fact that the level was not level on the iphones. This was fixed via a software release maybe a month after the phone came out...