iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I hope with the next iOS update then manage to cram another hour or so of battery life into the 6. I was looking at the 6 plus the other day literally just for the battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 3

I hope with the next iOS update then manage to cram another hour or so of battery life into the 6. I was looking at the 6 plus the other day literally just for the battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I've owned both, and with proper management of settings, they're not that different. It's like the mAh difference is negated by the larger screen. I'm still hitting around 5 hours usage at 50% just like on my plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

Christ, that thing is thick.

*that's what she said*

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Not if her mouth is full. But anyway, that case is huge, I couldn't imagine using it on a 6+. The removable battery is nice at least.

• Like 1

Tapatalk just got updated lol. Still I see no progress lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for the Ads they're inserting between posts. Bastards.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

So has anyone heard of these texts going around that cause the Springboard of the iPhone to crash when you recieve the message?

-Anthony

Edit: Here's an article about it:

http://fortune.com/2015/05/27/mcdonalds-same-store-sales/

So has anyone heard of these texts going around that cause the Springboard of the iPhone to crash when you recieve the message?

-Anthony

It's been around since IOS 6, the fact that variations of it still work two major revisions to IOS is astounding. Apple dropped the ball with this one.
  • Like 1

-Anthony

It's annoying. All my friends got wind of this, and everyone is sending this text around our circle of friends. Rebooting iPhones everywhere. Heh.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 3

It's annoying. All my friends got wind of this, and everyone is sending this text around our circle of friends. Rebooting iPhones everywhere. Heh.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Doesn't just reboot, it soft bricks the iPhone and can actually cause a meltdown in some cases that ruins internal components. I have a friend who works at one of the biggest apple stores across the country and apparently it's approaching 3% of the phones brought into stores nationwide....
  • Like 1

I've seen a lot of people on Instagram complaining about how after they've gotten it a couple of times their iMessage breaks. There's apparently a fix for it but that in itself should let people know not to be sending it. It really is annoying.

I've seen a lot of people on Instagram complaining about how after they've gotten it a couple of times their iMessage breaks. There's apparently a fix for it but that in itself should let people know not to be sending it. It really is annoying.

I think I read that the fix is to disable message notifications. I had two friends send it to me while I was sleeping (and I sleep with 'do not disturb' on) so I don't know if it crashed the phone. I asked him to send it again to see if it works, and it did. I was in the open message, by the way. It was instant apple logo.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I deleted my AirWatch profile on my phone tonight to stop getting company emails pushed. It's so liberating to not hear that notification sound for a new message for the next two weeks while I transition into the new job.

• Like 1

I wish apple give its users the option theme wise to switch between the newer iOS look and the older iOS look. I think that'll be dope. Apart of me misses the look of iOS 6.

I think I read that the fix is to disable message notifications. I had two friends send it to me while I was sleeping (and I sleep with 'do not disturb' on) so I don't know if it crashed the phone. I asked him to send it again to see if it works, and it did. I was in the open message, by the way. It was instant apple logo.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I am still HOPING that my friends don't send that to me! I am one on the few with an Apple Watch and word is it trashes the Watches!

AHHHHHHH!

Does the iPhone have a harder time than Androids sticking on or searching for LTE? My iPhone frequently goes to 3G, even in LTE areas. It also stays on 3G for quite some time. I have had to resolve this issue by toggling on/off cellular data. It's the only way I can get back to LTE. But then sometimes it goes right back to 3G.

Does the iPhone have a harder time than Androids sticking on or searching for LTE? My iPhone frequently goes to 3G, even in LTE areas. It also stays on 3G for quite some time. I have had to resolve this issue by toggling on/off cellular data. It's the only way I can get back to LTE. But then sometimes it goes right back to 3G.

I've seen a lot more 3G since iOS 8.3. I had read the base band was updated with 8.3 and could be the cause, but I haven't been able to find a lot of widespread complaints about this being the actual problem. When I drop to 3G though, I feel like my phone usually switches back to LTE fairly quickly as long as I'm not using a constant data session.

• Like 2

8.4 sticks to LTE fairly well. Im always on it even if the signal isn't all that good. I only have to force it sometimes when the phone doesn't do it fast enough for me.

• Like 3

8.4 sticks to LTE fairly well. Im always on it even if the signal isn't all that good. I only have to force it sometimes when the phone doesn't do it fast enough for me.

I'm hoping they fixed the baseband issue that was apparently caused by the last update, and that's why you see LTE more.

• Like 2

Did they ever fix HD voice on 8.3? I thought I read that 8.3/carrier 19.1 broke it

Sent from my iPhone 6

I received two HD Voice calls today from people on Android phones, worked fine. I'm on 8.3/19.1

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk