iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

How do you know you are getting HD voice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can definitely tell the difference. Plus, there's usually a brief pause a second or two into the beginning of the call where you hear it switch over.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Turned off wifi calling both on the phone and on the account? If off on the phone and on on the account, I've noticed a loss of HD Voice.

I have it off in my device settings, but upon checking my services in my Sprint account, it says that I still have the service selected, and there is no remove option. Not sure why that is.

-Anthony

turning wifi calling off on the phone, you can simply toggle it back on.

it is not the same thing as removing the wifi calling provisioning.

on your mysprint page, I believe you should be able to remove the wifi calling on the 'change my services' link.

else, you may need to use chat or call in to have it removed.

I have it off in my device settings, but upon checking my services in my Sprint account, it says that I still have the service selected, and there is no remove option. Not sure why that is.

-Anthony

Go into the WiFi calling section on the phone, click on the update 911 address button then scroll down the page and you'll see an option to remove the service from your account.

It took me awhile to figure that out. It's odd that's the only place to remove it.

-Anthony

turning wifi calling off on the phone, you can simply toggle it back on.

it is not the same thing as removing the wifi calling provisioning.

on your mysprint page, I believe you should be able to remove the wifi calling on the 'change my services' link.

else, you may need to use chat or call in to have it removed.

Go into the WiFi calling section on the phone, click on the update 911 address button then scroll down the page and you'll see an option to remove the service from your account.

It took me awhile to figure that out. It's odd that's the only place to remove it.

Do the three of you have a WiFi Connect Router on your account? That may be the issue.

Do the three of you have a WiFi Connect Router on your account? That may be the issue.

I do not. However my issue wasn't the same they were having. All calls from my work were going straight into voicemail rather than ringing either my or my wife's iPhone. As soon as I went into the update 911 section and removed the wifi calling provisioning off both of our lines calls rang through again. Sprint says it's a known issue they are working to resolve.

I do not. However my issue wasn't the same they were having. All calls from my work were going straight into voicemail rather than ringing either my or my wife's iPhone. As soon as I went into the update 911 section and removed the wifi calling provisioning off both of our lines calls rang through again. Sprint says it's a known issue they are working to resolve.

I'm sorry you are having issues with WiFi calling. I guess I've been fortunate, but then again, I don't get many calls per day, so I won't miss out on much.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I had problems the first week WiFi calling was rolled out (calls going directly to voicemail). I re-enabled it last week and it works great now. Handing off to multiple AP's on the same WiFI network is weird though (strange clicking noises for about 3 seconds or so), but it works nonetheless. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I just received a call from Sprint asking me to try enabling WiFi calling and placing a call from my work. Lo and behold it works!

That's impressive follow-up from customer service IMHO.

Check this bit out, lol.

e76710fdb398f8aaa8ebaaf073839146.jpg

We'll see about that, I'm on 9.0b1 now.

For anyone wondering... if you need a stable and speedy phone, don't update.

• Like 3

We'll see about that, I'm on 9.0b1 now.

For anyone wondering... if you need a stable and speedy phone, don't update.

Agreed lol, but all first betas are like that. This isn't as bad as iOS 8 or even 7 though. Apple has created some cool new features. I just discovered low power mode. Finally we iOS users get a low power mode to save battery during dire times.

And I just add, the new maps is awesome, basically on level with Google Maps transit. I must say as well that the new App Switcher looks amazing. 142078e8aee038ca709b387ad3189ff8.jpg

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 3

I'm jumping in when the public beta comes out so I can have split view multitasking on my iPad mini 2. It'll be great! Plus I'll try out El Capitan. Looks cool

The Carrier Version in iOS 9 beta 1 for Sprint is version 20.5.8. What an interesting number! Lol.

-Anthony

Any improvements with WiFi calling?

Excellent question. I haven't been using wifi calling yet on the beta. I'll start doing that. :)

-Anthony

I'm also curious how the stability of the network is. Is LTE hanging on better and handoffs between bands and network drops in weak LTE/EVDO areas?

• Like 1

Nobody has asked it, so I will: has field test finally been optimized for larger screens/fixed to not be so slow and crappy? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6

Nope. It's an internal app, I doubt it'll ever be updated.

• Like 1

They've finally made it somewhat easier to clear all notifications.

2ffdf495cb28cf258388845bc3b530ca.jpg

5bb4b42804b80ccd71910547614d6c14.jpg

Pretty cool stuff. Click the X and all the notifications disappear like magic [emoji23]

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 1

I'm also curious how the stability of the network is. Is LTE hanging on better and handoffs between bands and network drops in weak LTE/EVDO areas?

I haven't had any handoffs yet because I haven't traveled far enough from my home tower, but I can tell you that I'm finally able to put my phone in my pocket when it's on LTE and pull it back out and it will still be on LTE. Thank God!

-Anthony

• Like 2