Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It is not necessary true. It maybe that the US market can only support three national carriers if we insist on treating them like utilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is not true? That Sprint can make the same comeback as T-Mobile?

I don't even want to see the day that we only have 3 national carriers in the US. [emoji20]

• Like 1

They will be okay. I believe they are doing this on purpose. Maybe so softbank can buy more shares

They better not be doing it on purpose. Market manipulation is illegal in the United States...and surely would come under significant fire if regulators were to approve SoftBank merging Sprint or anything else that would require regulator approval.

What is not true? That Sprint can make the same comeback as T-Mobile?

I don't even want to see the day that we only have 3 national carriers in the US. [emoji20]

Yeah, sprint might not be able to make the same kind of comeback that T-Mobile has. Wireless in the United States is an extremely capital intensive industry and a wireless player can't make themselves competitive by cutting back on capex and opex can't be cut.

This all means high returns to scale, which in turn means players have to be larger to compete (the insane amount of local and federal regulations exacerbate this formula). Larger player usually means fewer players. Add to that this idea that many here have and share with the tech media and regulators have that the should just be utilities and perhaps there is no room for a forth player.

Why do you think dish is setting on their spectrum? The is no way to enter the US market on the network side. You may get away with being a reseller (some do ok), but that is just rebranding the same services. I bet dish ends up selling there spectrum rather than building anything out.

I don't think the stock can take much more damage before it's delisted.  Softbank is a lot of incentives (tax-wise) to keep at least 15% of the stock public.

they are only really endanger of being de listed if the stock fall below $1 for an extended period, at that time they would most likely preform a reverse stock split, say 1 for 5, meaning you trade in 5 $1 shares for 1 $5 share and bam the stock is no longer endangered of being de listed.  The problem sprint is facing is a huge debt load in a market where credit is drying up (money is harder/ more expensive to borrow).  The turn around story is also in jeopardy, this could get much worse before it gets better.

• Like 2

What Sprint needs is someone like Dish attempting to buy them out, then failing due to FCC disapproval, then Dish dispersing $3B cash infusion into Sprint and Sprint inheriting their AWS spectrum.  Then they can have a good chance at coming back like T-Mobile did. :D

• Like 3

What Sprint needs is someone like Dish attempting to buy them out, then failing due to FCC disapproval, then Dish dispersing $3B cash infusion into Sprint and Sprint inheriting their AWS spectrum. Then they can have a good chance at coming back like T-Mobile did. :D

Lol that would be awesome. I really want them to at least form a Partnership. All of that spectrum and the possibilities and innovation the two companies can make.

Has Dish even started their wireless deployment yet?

Lol that would be awesome. I really want them to at least form a Partnership. All of that spectrum and the possibilities and innovation the two companies can make.

Has Dish even started their wireless deployment yet?

I can't say much about DISH since I have a tie with them, except for I'll be a dish customer for a very long time, given my relationship with them doesn't change. I can honestly tell anyone that tries to get me to switch that they cannot - impossible - to match what I have. And at&t is adamant about getting people on direct, but I'd love to see dish do something with Sprint. 3 years ago I didn't have this same feeling, but now...And for the past year, I've felt that way. I think synergies would be great.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Isn't Sprint still paying for some old Nextel towers? I know they decommissioned a lot of those old towers but I thought there were still some with equipment on it. Why wouldn't Sprint use those towers for new Macro sites? At least the ones where there isn't another Sprint tower around.

I don't understand why sprint is letting the stock tank.

The tower companies denied reports and started climbing again.

Why hasn't someone released a statement of what's going on??

As far as marketing goes when will give let the sprint name rest?

We keep trying to revive it and justify keeping it. Time to let it go, buy us cellular and carry that name. THE PEOPLE have lost confidence in sprint and the mention of the name sends people running. Get creative get some plans get a name and release it Super Bowl Sunday !!!!

• Like 3

s

What Sprint needs is someone like Dish attempting to buy them out, then failing due to FCC disapproval, then Dish dispersing $3B cash infusion into Sprint and Sprint inheriting their AWS spectrum.  Then they can have a good chance at coming back like T-Mobile did. :D

so all sprint needs is some free money, and spectrum and they will be golden?  sign me up for the free money!   :rasp:

This isn't going to look good for Sprint, either.

https://www.metropcs.com/break-up-with-sprint.html

MetroPCS offering to cut Sprint rates by up to 50%.

T-Mobile is relentless, also i wish when sprint did "all in" it would have included taxes and fees, for many people that "unexpected" extra is a turn off.  it sounded like the perfect tax line, all in should have included everything.... not almost everything....

I don't understand why sprint is letting the stock tank.

The tower companies denied reports and started climbing again.

Why hasn't someone released a statement of what's going on??

As far as marketing goes when will give let the sprint name rest?

We keep trying to revive it and justify keeping it. Time to let it go, buy us cellular and carry that name. THE PEOPLE have lost confidence in sprint and the mention of the name sends people running. Get creative get some plans get a name and release it Super Bowl Sunday !!!!

Sprint isn't letting the stock tank.

What do you want a statement to say?

It would cost a tremendous amount of cash to rebrand Sprint. Sprint is better off putting that money into the network. Comcast rebranded itself Xfinity... and people still hate Xfinity...

Big Game Sunday is February 7th, so that won't happen. On another note, Sprint seems very prepared for it this year, based on this Blog Post: Sprint has 2xCA on the Levi's Stadium DAS and made other network improvements (including 2xCA deployments) throughout the region. It's also bringing in 11 COWs to deploy around the region as well.

• Like 5

I personally think when Sprint decides to release those Q4 results and if they're good and i'm assuming they're good because they've extended the 50% off offer due to popular demand on twitter. The stock should shoot back up again

• Like 4

It would cost a tremendous amount of cash to rebrand Sprint. Sprint is better off putting that money into the network. Comcast rebranded itself Xfinity... and people still hate Xfinity...

Big Game Sunday is February 7th, so that won't happen. On another note, Sprint seems very prepared for it this year, based on this Blog Post: Sprint has 2xCA on the Levi's Stadium DAS and made other network improvements (including 2xCA deployments) throughout the region. It's also bringing in 11 COWs to deploy around the region as well.

I'm hoping those Sprint COWS will have some giant fliers and banners on it

Something as flashy as this

3677187626_9411c21983.jpg

• Like 5

Big Game Sunday is February 7th, so that won't happen. On another note, Sprint seems very prepared for it this year, based on this Blog Post: Sprint has 2xCA on the Levi's Stadium DAS and made other network improvements (including 2xCA deployments) throughout the region. It's also bringing in 11 COWs to deploy around the region as well.

I believe now is the time to release "the path " tell the people about ngn with more detail, clarify the whole tower issue. Say something simple like "we won't be turning off towers or interrupting service, new towers won't go live until they are fully completed. So very minimal if any difference in service" Give the people some hope! Lol

I know it can't be done by the 7th, I was joking but honestly sprint seriously needs a game changer.

Rebranding might be to late now, but what can sprint do?

I have been holding on for hope with sprint but it is really starting to look bleak.... Weren't some people saying sprint would die out in 12-24 months a short while back?

This will be interesting...

• Like 1

I believe now is the time to release "the path " tell the people about ngn with more detail, clarify the whole tower issue. Say something simple like "we won't be turning off towers or interrupting service, new towers won't go live until they are fully completed. So very minimal if any difference in service" Give the people some hope! Lol

I know it can't be done by the 7th, I was joking but honestly sprint seriously needs a game changer.

Rebranding might be to late now, but what can sprint do?

I have been holding on for hope with sprint but it is really starting to look bleak.... Weren't some people saying sprint would die out in 12-24 months a short while back?

We'll know more at the upcoming Fiscal 3Q15 earnings call, which hasn't been scheduled yet.

The Fiscal 3Q14 Earnings Call happened on Thursday, February 5, 2015, so I'd expect it to be around the same time in February of this year: i.e. February 5, 2016 is a Friday.

I'm hoping those Sprint COWS will have some giant fliers and banners on it

Something as flashy as this

3677187626_9411c21983.jpg

I always thought a nice banner slogan for these COWs would be: "If you had Sprint, you'd be getting coverage right now."

• Like 2

Weren't some people saying sprint would die out in 12-24 months a short while back?

People have been saying those exact words since 2012 and Sprint is still here and better than before so...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2