Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Does anyone still believe that sprint will be number 1 or 2 in 80% of the top 100 markets? According to what marcelo said.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Just look at rootmetrics and where Sprint has deployed the second carrier.

You do not need anecdotal evidence.

ATT and T-Mobile have been steadily declining, and Verizon has done everything in there power to hold there ground, but yet Sprint has been able to beat them in terms of shear speed in alot of those markets.

Once Wimax is shutdown,and they finally fire up the additional carriers (B25,B41) we should have a better sense of the current state of the network without NGN.

• Like 4

Just look at rootmetrics and where Sprint has deployed the second carrier.

You do not need anecdotal evidence.

ATT and T-Mobile have been steadily declining, and Verizon has done everything in there power to hold there ground, but yet Sprint has been able to beat seem in sheer speed in alot of those markets.

Once Wimax is shutdown, we should have a better sense of the current state of the network without NGN.

Yes, sprint has 6 number 1 shared rankings. Yes this year both verizon and t mobile are adding carrier aggregation.... will sprint be able to keep up?

Yes, sprint has 6 number 1 shared rankings. Yes this year both verizon and t mobile are adding carrier aggregation.... will sprint be able to keep up?

3x41 is in the works for later this year. With how quickly 2x41 rolled out, once finalized it should go very quickly as well.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 5

3x41 is in the works for later this year. With how quickly 2x41 rolled out, once finalized it should go very quickly as well.

Sent from my LG G4

Yup! Im already putting money to the side so i can buy a phone that supports 3×b41 when they come out.

• Like 5

Sent from my LG G4

Sounds good. What's involved with doing the upgrade to 3x41? Do crews have to go to each tower or is it software based so that clusters can be updated at once?

Yup! Im already putting money to the side so i can buy a phone that supports 3×b41 when they come out.

I'm on the original iPhone Forever plan. Don't let me down Apple!

Sounds good. What's involved with doing the upgrade to 3x41? Do crews have to go to each tower or is it software based so that clusters can be updated at once?

I think it's software based cards or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Software. Of course, backhaul has to be up to par, or speeds won't increase that much, but it will improve capacity.

• Like 1

Software. Of course, backhaul has to be up to par, or speeds won't increase that much, but it will improve capacity.

Really? There's no new carrier card or anything? So basically the only thing holding back non-Clearwire B41 sites from having a second carrier is insufficient backhaul?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Really? There's no new carrier card or anything? So basically the only thing holding back non-Clearwire B41 sites from having a second carrier is insufficient backhaul?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

All modern telecommunications equipment are digital units software based. Everything is done through software.

Sprint needs all three 2.5 vendors to finish their 3x Carrier aggregation software suites and verify everything words ok in field test before pushing out the update to individual sites. Same as when they did the 2xCA fits back last spring.

• Like 5

All modern telecommunications equipment are digital units software based. Everything is done through software.

Sprint needs all three 2.5 vendors to finish their 3x Carrier aggregation software suites and verify everything words ok in field test before pushing out the update to individual sites. Same as when they did the 2xCA fits back last spring.

If one vendor has it ready, do they wait until the other vendors have proven software simply to be sure they are going to be able to provide software that is 100% equal in quality and performance? Apparently one vendor that does not have their act together can hold up the whole process?

Second Question, will it be necessary to activate all sites in a general area with 3x CA at the same time or can one site have 2x CA and a neighboring site have 3x CA?  Would those two neighboring sites play together nice?

I got a question.... on a brand new network vision site (band25) what could be causing it to drop to 3G. My site more then often drops down to 3G!

If one vendor has it ready, do they wait until the other vendors have proven software simply to be sure they are going to be able to provide software that is 100% equal in quality and performance? Apparently one vendor that does not have their act together can hold up the whole process?

Second Question, will it be necessary to activate all sites in a general area with 3x CA at the same time or can one site have 2x CA and a neighboring site have 3x CA? Would those two neighboring sites play together nice?

1) Yep.

2) it's a software suite sent to all cell sites at once. Of course if the cell site is not yet ready then they don't fire it up but all cells sites get the software update.

• Like 2

I got a question.... on a brand new network vision site (band25) what could be causing it to drop to 3G. My site more then often drops down to 3G!

The experience I have had with new LTE sites coming on for commercial use for the first time are usually not optimized.

Give it a few days or a couple of weeks for them to make adjustments to the site.

• Like 2

The experience I have had with new LTE sites coming on for commercial use for the first time are usually not optimized.

Give it a few days or a couple of weeks for them to make adjustments to the site.

I forgot to add... the site is new, but it's been running for 3 months now

I forgot to add... the site is new, but it's been running for 3 months now

Either it hasn't been optimized still or has been and what see is what you get with band 25 (1900MHz).  You may have to wait for band 26 (800MHz) to be flipped on to fill in the LTE gaps.     

Either it hasn't been optimized still or has been and what see is what you get with band 25 (1900MHz). You may have to wait for band 26 (800MHz) to be flipped on to fill in the LTE gaps.

Yes that's probably the case....i hope we will get it sometime next year!

Don't hold your breath, around here sites still aren't optimized after 2 years since B26 was deployed. How far away from the site are you when it drops to 3G?

• Like 3

Don't hold your breath, around here sites still aren't optimized after 2 years since B26 was deployed. How far away from the site are you when it drops to 3G?

About 1 mile the signal strenght is at about between 105 108 inside the house..... outside the house it goes down to 91... i often switch over to 3G

About 1 mile the signal strenght is at about between 105 108 inside the house..... outside the house it goes down to 91... i often switch over to 3G

I don't think you're gonna see any improvement if it's already at -91 outdoors and -105 or so indoors on B25 at 1 mile. You should be hanging onto LTE at a bit weaker than -108 though, at the very least -118 and weaker than that even.

I don't think you're gonna see any improvement if it's already at -91 outdoors and -105 or so indoors on B25 at 1 mile. You should be hanging onto LTE at a bit weaker than -108 though, at the very least -118 and weaker than that even.

So i will see around the same with band 26 and won't get a speed increase until band 41 gets here