Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The troll Cortez is basically everywhere,and the reason why he hates this place so much is because he is not allowed here which is a great thing.

There is not question in my mind he is a part time tmobile sales associate. From looking at his comments it seem he has a lot of free time on hands so my assumption is either he is a part time tmobile or a slacker.

• Like 4

Sprint's #AllIn ad earned a 9.0/10 effectiveness rating according to ispot.tv

https://twitter.com/ispottv/status/621734624159379456

I saw that effectiveness yesterday when I was talking to my Dad while he was getting ready for work, which is usually the time I talk to him about all things Sprint/Technological (because we're both computer nerds :) ) and he actually brought up that commercial in the conversation and told me he really liked it. That's really saying something because he does NOT like commercials (that's why we've had DVR's since Time Warner started selling them).

I guess the news is starting to get around http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/07/16/sprints-2x-carrier-aggregation-goes-live-in-nearly-40-markets-across-the-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the comments actually aren't toxic! What a day to live in this world! :D

-Anthony

• Like 7

Received this email today from Sprint:

unnamed.jpg

unnamed2.gif

As you know, Indianapolis is a special place. That’s why Sprint has invested millions of dollars in our infrastructure and millions of hours to serve your hometown. With that, we have some very exciting news to share.

RootMetrics, an independent mobile analytics firm, recently put us to the test along with our top competitors. We are proud to announce that Sprint, in a tie, is now your best choice for Overall Network Performance in Indianapolis. 

Thank you for being a loyal Sprint customer and rooting for us. We’re thrilled to give you the best and to continue striving to deliver nothing less than the very best.

• Like 8

So any news on Sprint adding tethering to unlimited plans?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Someone tweeted Marcelo and he said he was looking into it. That was ~3 weeks ago, haven't heard of anything since.

I'd personally love it if he added even 1GB to it.

Sent from my M8

• Like 3

Don't underestimate the fans.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The NBA has fans for sure, but I sincerely doubt Sprint is going to lose any significant amount of customers over no longer being the official wireless carrier of the NBA or having the app. I also tend to be skeptical that the average NBA fan connects Sprint with NBA much less sees Sprint's advertising and says "hey if it is good enough for the NBA they should be my wireless carrier."

The NBA has fans for sure, but I sincerely doubt Sprint is going to lose any significant amount of customers over no longer being the official wireless carrier of the NBA or having the app. I also tend to be skeptical that the average NBA fan connects Sprint with NBA much less sees Sprint's advertising and says "hey if it is good enough for the NBA they should be my wireless carrier."

Sprint won't lose significant subs over this but it will disappoint some customers. But oh well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Someone tweeted Marcelo and he said he was looking into it. That was ~3 weeks ago, haven't heard of anything since.

I'd personally love it if he added even 1GB to it.

Sent from my M8

Yeah just thought I might have missed something. :(

Since Marcelo has someone monitoring this site would it make sense for us to take a poll of things we would like? Like how important is... Very ,not very and so forth.

Forgive me but I think he already knows what's important. I think they have learned that focus groups are already important. However if this is to be done, the sponsor section would be more appropriate
  • Like 3

Forgive me but I think he already knows what's important. I think they have learned that focus groups are already important. However if this is to be done, the sponsor section would be more appropriate

The sponsor Section is a good idea, however it might get more hits if the public could vote.

I believe Marcelo and sprint are going in the right direction but I don't think they truly know the little perks that would make people very happy if included in the plan or simple add ons.

• Like 2

The sponsor Section is a good idea, however it might get more hits if the public could vote.

I believe Marcelo and sprint are going in the right direction but I don't think they truly know the little perks that would make people very happy if included in the plan or simple add ons.

I agree a public poll would be the better route to take. The little things will keep current and attract new customers especially since the network has really taken shape under his short tenure.

Adding 1 or 2gb of tethered data to plans can go a long way with customers. I think the current prices are good and don't really need changing at all.

Also I can't wait until we start seeing more of these tests pop up

• Like 8

I agree with you on the public idea.

I am hoping since Robert has gotten Marcelo's attention before - he just might actually think about what we send. I believe Sprints price point is about right. However, things like tethering are important misses on ul plans 2gb would be awesome. Perks like +2 gbs for longtime customers would be awesome.

• Like 1

I am hoping since Robert has gotten Marcelo's attention before - he just might actually think about what we send. I believe Sprints price point is about right. However, things like tethering are important misses on ul plans 2gb would be awesome. Perks like +2 gbs for longtime customers would be awesome.

Sprint is a business, not a charity. I'm sure if tethering is offered, it would be to get customers off of the legacy plans and in to the current offerings.

Edit: that said, I'd love a 2GB add-on with my unlimited plan. I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I'd be happy to eat my words, though.

• Like 4

does Budweiser give people free beer? does Subway give away free subs? "Oh, oh, please, take my $10. I don't want it. It's yours."

T-Mobile is the only carrier throwing in tethering, it's not an industry trend, and it's because Legere is the candy man. tethering isn't going to change anyone's mind about which carrier they're going to use. I would be all for CHEAPER tethering and/or bigger pools of data, or throwing it in on Boost or Virgin plans, but throwing it in for free on Sprint is just throwing money away.

Anyone have a clue as to why Sprints website is still down? I hope they are replacing the remaining parts of the old website with a new look similar to the homepage.

• Like 1

Anyone have a clue as to why Sprints website is still down? I hope they are replacing the remaining parts of the old website with a new look similar to the homepage.

Hopefully they are updating the coverage map section and replacing the outdated map that they currently have.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 3

Not down here...must be your provider.

Websites don't need to be taken offline to update pages... And if they had to take it down for maintenance they wouldn't do it in the middle of the day.