Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

That's why politicians rarely tell the truth or make tough choices.  They don't want their opponent to run ads against them that the low info voters eat up. But we want folks in leadership positions to be honest and frank with us and not feed us BS we know is BS.  It's the double edge sword.

And I think we all agree that Legere is about as slimy as your typical politician. 

• Like 2

Ok i am reading the chart put up by sprint. So 20 gigs of data is 100 plus 40 x 4 ( i have two year contracts) =260$ I'm at 200 now. Same deal as Framily...it significantly costs me more...This chart is easy to figure out at least..:)

If your two year is signed before 8/22 you will get the 15 dollar a line so long as you do one phone on easy pay.

Humble apologies for taking this thread a bit further off topic.  ((however))

No offense intended dedub, but I see you using the term "micromanaging" data.

To me, you're substituting micromanaging (concerning data allotment) in place of responsible.

Previously I was an unlimited plan subscriber.  In all honesty my usage varied anywhere between 3-11GB per month.

How much of that usage was REALLY needed?  Not nearly as much as I was using.

I'm trying out 1GB per month.  I'm OCD.  There is no micromanaging on my end.  Just being more responsible.

Haven't had to turn data off or restrict my use in any way.

Everyone's use case is different.  Being responsible does not require micromanaging.

• Like 1

The new plans provide exactly what I have been hoping for: a way to save money once all my family members have fulfilled our contracts. Right now we pay $180 for three lines on a grandfathered ED 1500 plan. Once we have all finished our 2 year contracts, we could switch to the 20GB family share and cut our monthly bill to $145. Then just buy used phones off swappa.

• Like 5

The new plans provide exactly what I have been hoping for: a way to save money once all my family members have fulfilled our contracts. Right now we pay $180 for three lines on a grandfathered ED 1500 plan. Once we have all finished our 2 year contracts, we could switch to the 20GB family share and cut our monthly bill to $145. Then just buy used phones off swappa.

Don't the new plans require you to buy phones from Sprint with Easy Pay?   I thought I read that somewhere... that you can't bring your own phone to that plan.   Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree on the name change, but I'm not sure SoftBank is the best name. Could be confusing as to why a "bank" owns a cellular carrier. Remember, we gotta keep in simple for the stupid people...lol

Call it U.S.Cellular , then talk about expanded coverage new network, people will think US Cellular bought sprint.

They don't need to change the name right now. They could breed a new brand name through MVNO (e.g. Virgin Mobile ). If that Brand Name grows stronger, they can switch the company name over.

Don't the new plans require you to buy phones from Sprint with Easy Pay? I thought I read that somewhere... that you can't bring your own phone to that plan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can bring your own phone. In the graphic it says "Non-discounted: People who select Easy Pay, pay full price or bring their own phone"

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Sprint_Family_Share_Pack/85ba5891-1b6a-4ebf-9f2c-e16eec3ce55f?INTNAV=SU:SprintFamilySharePack:Mobile:08182014:Learnmore

I was very excited when I initially read about the new plan - $100 for up to 10 lines.  

I currently have 2 framily lines at $25 per line.  But I'm thinking to myself, "heck for $100 bucks lets load up on some tablets and lines for the kids!"  I was mentally counting up all the ways we could use more lines, even at an increased monthly cost.

This was a missed opportunity for Sprint to get current subs excited to pay more money.  If you look at the per line revenue, obviously it goes down, but per household revenue could actually go up as in my case.  I think a lot of families if you gave them a data allotment and said up to 10 devices with no extra fees, they would find ways to fill up those device slots.  Those extra devices then translate to more hardware, accessories, and insurance sales for Sprint.  

As it stands, I would not even talk about this to my friends and family due the the looming price hike at the end of the promotional period.  Again, if that per device fee was out of the equation I would be all over my social networks talking about this plan right now.

I am looking forward to seeing the new individual plans later this week, hopefully they can offer something to make existing subscribers excited too.

• Like 4

Well stated, however keep in mind that you can only be (directly) responsible for your own usage, not necessarily the other members of the shared bucket.

In any case, and this goes back to the root of the whole limited vs unlimited argument, data buckets encourage paying to *not* use (or use as minimally as possible) a service.

Why not just stop using data (or phone service) all-together and then you don't have to pay anything? (rhetorical question)

I would be less opposed to data buckets, if there was uncapped carry-over data.

Your unused gigs should not just disappear at the end of a billing cycle.

• Like 4

Members, please be patient and wait for the individual plans breakdown this Thursday/Friday. No need to go overboard with comments. If you feel like venting out at anyone, go vent over at the official Sprint Community Boards. Not here.

Any such postings will be removed, regardless of status.

TS

• Like 5

employer discount does apply to the base data plan on Family Share pack. don't know if that's been mentioned yet.

Does or doesn't? This is the 1st postive mention that it did. But ive made the easy mistake of thinking faster than typing :-)

employer discount DOES apply to the base data plan on Family Share pack.

Does.

where have you seen this?

between this and the tethering.  5 phones and two tablets, might just make it worth it to switch.  

• Like 1

If they could figure out a way to reduce access fees it would awesome.... At least as long as your on easy pay no access fees.

There is a difference between easy pay and access fee vs contract w subsidy.

Before there was $15 added into the price for the device???

Now its you pay for a device,plan,access fee? Isn't that more expensive????

I like the idea but without the access fees or maybe if they were lower..

Or if the 25/15 is talkntxt then no fees on tablets hotspots??

Going over the breakdown now and it says MVP discount are valid. Taken from the data portion.

That is amazing.

Can a customer who just ported over to sprint, and within the 14 day period. Can that customer switch to the new plans. As a new customer?

I was very excited when I initially read about the new plan - $100 for up to 10 lines.

I currently have 2 framily lines at $25 per line. But I'm thinking to myself, "heck for $100 bucks lets load up on some tablets and lines for the kids!" I was mentally counting up all the ways we could use more lines, even at an increased monthly cost.

This was a missed opportunity for Sprint to get current subs excited to pay more money. If you look at the per line revenue, obviously it goes down, but per household revenue could actually go up as in my case. I think a lot of families if you gave them a data allotment and said up to 10 devices with no extra fees, they would find ways to fill up those device slots. Those extra devices then translate to more hardware, accessories, and insurance sales for Sprint.

As it stands, I would not even talk about this to my friends and family due the the looming price hike at the end of the promotional period. Again, if that per device fee was out of the equation I would be all over my social networks talking about this plan right now.

I am looking forward to seeing the new individual plans later this week, hopefully they can offer something to make existing subscribers excited too.

I don't take exception to your points, because it doesn't work out for everybody. And less so for existing subs. But I do want to add that people were advocating for being able to add devices for a nominal fee like VZW and ATT. And that has been added. It's just the contrast to new subs that makes it tougher to accept at face value.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If they could figure out a way to reduce access fees it would awesome.... At least as long as your on easy pay no access fees.

There is a difference between easy pay and access fee vs contract w subsidy.

Before there was $15 added into the price for the device???

Now its you pay for a device,plan,access fee? Isn't that more expensive????

I like the idea but without the access fees or maybe if they were lower..

Or if the 25/15 is talkntxt then no fees on tablets hotspots??

But the fee matches vzw and att, the access fee seems fair.

But the fee matches vzw and att, the access fee seems fair.

Key word..."Matches"....They really needed to beat out ATT&VZW at this point in the game with that level as well as the data cost...:-/ 

• Like 1

It's just a limited time promotion. Not the real plan.

But it lasts for quite a long time. And these new customers will not be on a contract. It's not likely Sprint will be a me to just raise prices or they'll bolt.

Keeping promotional prices is likely going to be the name of the game for awhile. Anything else will be seen as raising prices during a very competitive time. Sprint doesn't have many options now but to give away the farm.

But it lasts for quite a long time. And these new customers will not be on a contract. It's not likely Sprint will be a me to just raise prices or they'll bolt.

Keeping promotional prices is likely going to be the name of the game for awhile. Anything else will be seen as raising prices during a very competitive time. Sprint doesn't have many options now but to give away the farm.

I've seen them do this many times with other promotions....at the end of a promotional period, they usually extend it another month or two.

• Like 1

That is amazing.

Can a customer who just ported over to sprint, and within the 14 day period. Can that customer switch to the new plans. As a new customer?

Way too early in the game to answer this question. 

Speaking strictly theoretically, and by no means representing my employer, it would be easier to allow you to switch to the new plan than to lose the business or create false churn. 

• Like 1

I don't take exception to your points, because it doesn't work out for everybody. And less so for existing subs. But I do want to add that people were advocating for being a me to add devices for a nominal fee like VZW and ATT. And that has been added. It's just the contrast to new subs that makes it tougher to accept at face value.

I may have to change my stance if corporate discounts are in fact eligible. At the very least, this brings even more value to the table to make switching for 2 years really worth considering.

The possibilities of corporate discounts also makes me even more excited to see the new single line plans.

Still not what I was hoping for. I personally advocated and brought several people over to Sprint when Framily launched but don't feel the same kind of excitement now.

• Like 1