Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Why is it the same people who complain about everything Sprint does are the big complainers in this thread too? Just an observation.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

Analysts: Sprint's new shared data plans not disruptive enough to change its fortunes

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprints-new-shared-data-plans-not-disruptive-enough-change-its-for/2014-08-19

This was my gut feeling last night and I still feel this way.  Waiting to see what they still have to offer later in the week. 

Analysts: Sprint's new shared data plans not disruptive enough to change its fortunes

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analysts-sprints-new-shared-data-plans-not-disruptive-enough-change-its-for/2014-08-19

This was my gut feeling last night and I still feel this way.  Waiting to see what they still have to offer later in the week. 

Analysts should probably wait for this part of the article:  "Claure also said Sprint would reveal new plans for individual subscribers later this week."

• Like 1

Why is it the same people who complain about everything Sprint does are the big complainers in this thread too? Just an observation.

I'm complaining, but support and encourage them a lot. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

how do these new plans stack with employee discount?

with the Everything family i get my employee discount off the first/primary line, data is not discounted at all.

So does the new plan discount the $100 data pack portion? or 1 line of the $25/$15/$40 portion? 

If the latter, this basically nerf employee discount into uselessness.

like hescominsoon, I can't see this new plan being more cost effective than the Everything Family plan... even during the discount/promotion period

with the Everything family i get my employee discount off the first/primary line, data is not discounted at all.

So does the new plan discount the $100 data pack portion? or 1 line of the $25/$15/$40 portion? 

If the latter, this basically nerf employee discount into uselessness

It seems to be consensus that there are no discounts on these plans.

According to some pay sites they are suggesting its a good time for vzw/att shareholders to sell. As sprint is expected to drop some prices 15-25% which might give the duo no choice ...price war is coming...

I believe masa still wants Tmo...

sprint/Tmo can't win a price war the the 2.. As customers won't leave if they are offered a better deal through the duo.. Which will solidify mass sons point and make it easier to merge down the road.

I am sure many thought he was just over confident trying to just "buy"/whatever he wanted.. Now offering really cheap plans with minimal growth (unless sprint takes off) would be icing on the cake...

Sprint can't compete with the big 2 head to head. At least not for awhile.

Who has the most $$finacial backing sprint or Tmo? With the dropping of prices one of these companies will eventually suffer seriously ... In the mean time its great for us.

• Like 1

If the latter, this basically nerf employee discount into uselessness

AT&T, VZW, and TMO use the data portion so the $100 item.

But sprint doesn't have this yet. Msybe as the week goes on?

Sprint stock is down right now...not shocking really. Wish Sprint would have made all their announcements at once, instead of piece meal them over several days.

I'm complaining, but support and encourage them a lot. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sprint? Or the complainers? :lol:

• Like 5

Sprint stock is down right now...not shocking really. Wish Sprint would have made all their announcements at once, instead of piece meal them over several days.

Sprint stock is definitely going down. They are giving away their margins.

BGR article on new Sprint's plans isn't positive...nothing about prices, all related to Sprint's "dilapidated network".

http://bgr.com/2014/08/19/sprint-vs-t-mobile-network/

Link to RootMetrics report that puts Sprint in last place now: http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/special-report-2014-1h-us

• Like 1

I agree about BGR not being a great source of journalism...but it's a very popular site read by many folks. And the RootMetric's report indicates that Sprint's network isn't much improved since their last report (which I know isn't true for my area).

• Like 1

I am still sticking with my 1500 shared data plan until the day I die. I'll pay full retail for my next iPhone before I loose this plan lol.

Yeah. I finally just recently was able to get my framily full. $35 for unlimited talk/text and 3gb data is perfect for me. I hope the individual plans they are announcing will be close to this. Only problem with framily is pricing is not locked in and it's not clear if adding new members will be allowed going forward.

Yeah. I finally just recently was able to get my framily full. $35 for unlimited talk/text and 3gb data is perfect for me. I hope the individual plans they are announcing will be close to this. Only problem with framily is pricing is not locked in and it's not clear if adding new members will be allowed going forward.

you can still add members to Framily, the plan is just not marketed anymore, at least according to FierceWireless article

"Sprint will continue to allow customers to add subscribers to their Framily plan, but Sprint will stop marketing the Framily plans"

• Like 5

BGR, was once a great publication.

Agree now its a muck raker

Yeah.  I remember back when BlackBerry was in their hayday his phone reviews were must read.  He also had very good contacts in the industry, especally at RIM.  But I think his contacts have dried up as that site is rarely right about much anymore (remember the infamous Sprint exclusive iPhone 5) and has resorted to clickbait headlines that simply inflame fanboys. 

Throwback Tuesday:

Sprint scores iPhone 5 exclusive thanks to $20 billion deal with Apple?

http://bgr.com/2011/10/03/sprint-guarantees-to-buy-over-20-billion-in-iphones-from-apple-launching-the-iphone-5-exclusively/

• Like 1

BGR, was once a great publication.

Agree now its a muck raker

Techno Buffalo is not much better either. They use to be a lot better in the previous years. Now the comment section is full of trolls. I use to like the verge, but they have gotten very political. 

Yeah. I remember back when BlackBerry was in their hayday his phone reviews were must read. He also had very good contacts in the industry, especally at RIM. But I think his contacts have dried up as that site is rarely right about much anymore (remember the infamous Sprint exclusive iPhone 5) and has resorted to clickbait headlines that simply inflame fanboys.

Throwback Tuesday:

Sprint scores iPhone 5 exclusive thanks to $20 billion deal with Apple?

http://bgr.com/2011/10/03/sprint-guarantees-to-buy-over-20-billion-in-iphones-from-apple-launching-the-iphone-5-exclusively/

Well the Boy Genius, left BGR a couple years ago I think. and sold the site.