Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

no thanks. I like my two year things..plus that discount expires at the end of 2015 which means back to 260/month. If i am going to pay vz money i may as well be on the vz network...Sprint isn't there yet..:)

Umm you still misunderstand. The 15 dollars a line doesn't expire unless you sign a two year contract after 8/22. Frankly I don't care what you do, but you should understand the plan you are desmissing.

• Like 1

I'm still on Sprint right now..hence my breaking my silence.. :)

Silence?  Heh.

So are you lying now, or previously?  Not that it makes a difference.  Once the jury knows you're a liar, they tend to stop believing any of the stories.  I just think it's funny you come back only to point out the most competitive and lowest price ever provided in U.S. Wireless history for an unsubsidized Family Plan is actually bad.  Move along.

Robert

• Like 3

Umm you still misunderstand. The 15 dollars a line doesn't expire unless you sign a two year contract after 8/22. Frankly I don't care what you do, but you should understand the plan you are desmissing.

I must have read it wrong then.  I'm not perfect and will most assuredly acknowledge when I am wrong.  so let's say i go on easy pay for the two phones i'm going to be replacing.  I'll have to recalculate then..which i'll do and see how it stacks up..:)

But then compare total costs with access fees for a 20GB unsubsidized plan, Sprint saves existing customers $100 per month over VZW and AT&T for 20GB, even including access fees. And even more than that if you are a new customer.

Robert

I must not come over correctly, I agree with what you said.

Okay! I updated the spreadsheet to

1) Remove $ per GB because no one cares and it is a pain to calculate

2) Highlight the optimal pricing for existing customers

3) Added a calculation for employee pricing that I would get at Sprint (23%)

4) Turned commenting on

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/edit?usp=sharing

Also, since I can't figure it out

Are the line fees waived for new customers ONLY @ 20GB and above or for all tiers?

• Like 5

Just from quick observation, this plan would be awesome for my family. We have 4 devices and we could probably share 20GB or 32GB.

I currently pay $276 a month on Sprint. That's $120 for the 1500 Minute Everything Data plan. Then I get charged an additional $30 for each additional line after the primary line. One of my lines has a 2GB hotpot on it which is an additional 2GB per month. Each device also has TEP which is another $11 per month per device so that is an extra $44.

If I were to switch to the Family Share Pack with 32GB (which I can because I have 2 lines eligible for upgrade and you only need 1) I would pay $130 + ($15x4) + ($11x4) = $234

I'd save $42 and have tethering included. That sounds awesome to me.

My family never uses 32GB of data in a billing period. Most times, I find it hard to go above 6GB on my own and I use the most data out of everyone in my plan.

Note, if phones are not at the end of their contract yet, it is $40 per, not $15. Don't know if that affects your calculations or not.
  • Like 1

hescominsoon asked me to delete his account because he didn't like me calling out that he recently told me he canceled his Sprint service because he was so frustrated with Sprint, only to now claim he is still a Sprint customer when it makes a good story to 'dis the new plans.  I gladly honored his request.  He was about to be suspended for using an expletive on me anyway.  Easy peasy.

Robert

• Like 14

hescominsoon asked me to delete his account because he didn't like me calling out that he recently told me he canceled his Sprint service because he was so frustrated with Sprint, only to now claim he is still a Sprint customer when it makes a good story to 'dis the new plans. I gladly honored his request. He was about to be suspended for using an expletive on me anyway. Easy peasy.

Robert

These new Sprint plans have brought out the best and worst of us ????

• Like 5

http://www.sprint.com/landings/datashare/index.html?INTCID=AB:HERO:081814:FamilySharePack

According to the main splash page additional data is 1.5 cents per MB

Interesting. Thanks! I read that dang page several times and kept missing that...lol. So around $15 per GB. Kind of steep, but it's what the other guys charge. Framily overages are so cheap it's fine for the occasional overage.

These new Sprint plans have brought out the best and worst of us

There's a way to make your point without causing trouble.  dedub is a good example.  I disagree with 75% of his posts (probably more).  Some really cause me to seethe.  But he almost always does it in a way that makes his point, doesn't make it personal, doesn't violate the rules, and he doesn't always post negative posts.  And for the most part, they are constructive.  Even if I don't agree.

People that just come here to troll Sprint will not make it very long.  Not every post needs to be positive.  But people who really have nothing to add to the conversation but complaint should go to another site.  This comment is not directed at you joshuam, just was a good time to expand on your thought.

Robert

Edited by S4GRU
Added italicized clarification point
  • Like 12

Honestly I'm glad to see they are keeping both the "Framily" plan and the "Family" plan going at the same time.

It gives people options. And that is what consumers want, options. Sure it might be more expensive for me with option A, but that doesn't mean that option A is more expensive for someone else and vise versa. Like a couple people mentioned in here, it gives flexibility. 

I like it, and I'm even more interested in the individual plans to see what is coming our way!  :)

• Like 6

From here its about marketing. My local news had a segment on sprints new plans... They mentioned how it was more than 2xs as much as the other 2...

Hopefully they have an awesome marketing campaign coming by the 22nd!

Maybe a "you can't touch this" theme flashing 20gbs and 2xs the data..

Come try Americas newest network

• Like 1

Interesting...maybe a mistake? Maybe done on purpose?

But Marcelo Claure 'favorited' this tweet (which really is negative about Sprint right now...)

@Maximus1901: @sprint why don't you throttle instead of charging #overages #ItsANewDayForData #sprintlikehell @JohnLegere @marceloclaure #greedy

But Marcelo Claure 'favorited' this tweet (which really is negative about Sprint right now...)

@Maximus1901: @sprint why don't you throttle instead of charging #overages #ItsANewDayForData #sprintlikehell @JohnLegere @marceloclaure #greedy

Maybe he is planning to take the T-Mobile approach?

Maybe Marcelo reads the articles and other wireless websites and knows how much of a troll max really is. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is that OUR old buddy Maximus?

• Like 1

Is that OUR old buddy Maximus?

Yup.  He lives -- but it is in Detroit.  So, that is likely punishment enough.

AJ

• Like 11

After new plan coming out, will they stop selling Framily?

Stories I've read have said that Framily plans will no longer be marketed.  You can still add people to existing ones but may not be able to create new ones.  

• Like 1

That's good enough, if I can add people to existing one. I think Sprint spend lots of money market that plan. They should keep it as an option. Hope now they will have good individual plan