Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Way too early in the game to answer this question.

Speaking strictly theoretically, and by no means representing my employer, it would be easier to allow you to switch to the new plan than to lose the business or create false churn.

Acknowledged, and no representation noted. :-)
  • Like 1

In my opinion, if they are going to charge an access fee per device, it should be a single simple fee, 10 or 15, one or the other but not different prices for different devices.

Particularly since it is using a shared data bucket, what exactly does it matter if its a phone or tablet or mobile broadband device?

A gig of data is still a gig of data regardless of the device.

• Like 2

In my opinion, if they are going to charge an access fee per device, it should be a single simple fee, 10 or 15, one or the other but not different prices for different devices.

Particularly since it is using a shared data bucket, what exactly does it matter if its a phone or tablet or mobile broadband device?

Exactly... I was told $25 was ylk/txt. So $15 after $100 I understand.. But tabs/hotspots???

Those should be free when u have a phone

• Like 1

Exactly... I was told $25 was ylk/txt. So $15 after $100 I understand.. But tabs/hotspots???

Those should be free when u have a phone

I think it should be a flat 15, (or better $10), for all devices, phones, tablets, hotspots, routers, anything that connects to the network and uses the same shared data bucket.

Phones get voice/txt, data only devices lose out, but it keeps the price simple and consistent.

I would have liked to see the access fee be the same for phones regardless of the data bucket size, and all data only devices (tablets, hotspots, connected car, router etc) have the same fee. As in, $15 per phone, $10 per data device. After thinking about the plan I like it a bit more, but trying to explain the different access fee's to a friend today was confusing. He did seem interested in the new plan with promotions, and I've been trying to get him on Framily for months.

• Like 2

If your two year is signed before 8/22 you will get the 15 dollar a line so long as you do one phone on easy pay.

no thanks.  I like my two year things..plus that discount expires at the end of 2015 which means back to 260/month.  If i am going to pay vz money i may as well be on the vz network...Sprint isn't there yet..:)

• Like 1

Why is it the same people who complain about everything Sprint does are the big complainers in this thread too? Just an observation.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

interesting observation...:)  The plans work for new folks yes..but for folks like me this plan raises my costs significantly..not complaining..actually just stating facts as presented on Sprint's website..:)

Just from quick observation, this plan would be awesome for my family. We have 4 devices and we could probably share 20GB or 32GB.

I currently pay $276 a month on Sprint. That's $120 for the 1500 Minute Everything Data plan. Then I get charged an additional $30 for each additional line after the primary line. One of my lines has a 2GB hotpot on it which is an additional 2GB per month. Each device also has TEP which is another $11 per month per device so that is an extra $44. 

If I were to switch to the Family Share Pack with 32GB (which I can because I have 2 lines eligible for upgrade and you only need 1) I would pay $130 + ($15x4) + ($11x4) = $234

I'd save $42 and have tethering included. That sounds awesome to me.

My family never uses 32GB of data in a billing period. Most times, I find it hard to go above 6GB on my own and I use the most data out of everyone in my plan.

• Like 3

According to some pay sites they are suggesting its a good time for vzw/att shareholders to sell. As sprint is expected to drop some prices 15-25% which might give the duo no choice ...price war is coming...

I believe masa still wants Tmo...

sprint/Tmo can't win a price war the the 2.. As customers won't leave if they are offered a better deal through the duo.. Which will solidify mass sons point and make it easier to merge down the road.

I am sure many thought he was just over confident trying to just "buy"/whatever he wanted.. Now offering really cheap plans with minimal growth (unless sprint takes off) would be icing on the cake...

Sprint can't compete with the big 2 head to head. At least not for awhile.

Who has the most $$finacial backing sprint or Tmo? With the dropping of prices one of these companies will eventually suffer seriously ... In the mean time its great for us.

Sprint has the biggest $$$ buckets right now..DT is trying desperately to sell TMob and isn't investing much in Tmob anymore.

• Like 1

I can understand why Sprint's overall data performance may still fall behind Verizon and AT&T with B26 and B41 still being rolled out, but the call and text performance are surprising.  Why is Sprint not faring as well in the voice and text RootMetrics testing?  In Los Angeles, I haven't had a dropped call in months.

I'm hoping Sprint is actually improving the network in my area i have 10 tower down tickets open right now..:)

• Like 1

So employer discounts to the data portion? and also this: I'm a current Sprint customer. Can I get the 2GB per device bonus data being offered?

The 2GB per device bonus data is available only to existing Sprint customers eligible to migrate to thenew Sprint Family Share Pack who select the 20GB monthly data allowance.

makes it a pain in the dick to calculate.

interesting observation... :)  The plans work for new folks yes..but for folks like me this plan raises my costs significantly..not complaining..actually just stating facts as presented on Sprint's website.. :)

Nice try, but you told me a few weeks ago you are no longer a Sprint customer.  But it didn't surprise me that you're one of the naysayers.  Leopards do not change their spots.  So you are trying to find ways to complain, even if it doesn't pertain to you.

Robert

• Like 9

I'm hoping Sprint is actually improving the network in my area i have 10 tower down tickets open right now..:)

That is my only gripe with Sprint. In my area 5 of 6 towers are down for maintenance on rotation every couple weeks. These are 800/lte upgraded towers... this was the case prior to the upgrades for 2+ years.

That out of the way im very long on Sprint. :-)

The new plans will bring customers that aren't hell bent on being data hogs, while giving generous caps for the rest.

Another observation is if I do one line of Unlimited Talk/Text with 2GB of data on Sprint that is $25+$15= $40

Verizon is $60

T-Mobile is $50 for 1GB and Unlimited Talk/Text

AT&T is $65 for 2GB and Unlimited Talk/Text

• Like 2

Key word..."Matches"....They really needed to beat out ATT&VZW at this point in the game with that level as well as the data cost...:-/ 

No, it's way better.  It doesn't match.  Have you priced the AT&T and VZW plans with 20GB?  Hold on to your gullet!  You guys act like 10GB = 20GB in your comparisons.  Double the data has real value to most users.

Robert

• Like 5

I was very excited when I initially read about the new plan - $100 for up to 10 lines.  

I currently have 2 framily lines at $25 per line.  But I'm thinking to myself, "heck for $100 bucks lets load up on some tablets and lines for the kids!"  I was mentally counting up all the ways we could use more lines, even at an increased monthly cost.

This was a missed opportunity for Sprint to get current subs excited to pay more money.  If you look at the per line revenue, obviously it goes down, but per household revenue could actually go up as in my case.  I think a lot of families if you gave them a data allotment and said up to 10 devices with no extra fees, they would find ways to fill up those device slots.  Those extra devices then translate to more hardware, accessories, and insurance sales for Sprint.  

As it stands, I would not even talk about this to my friends and family due the the looming price hike at the end of the promotional period.  Again, if that per device fee was out of the equation I would be all over my social networks talking about this plan right now.

I am looking forward to seeing the new individual plans later this week, hopefully they can offer something to make existing subscribers excited too.

except the subs who won't pay more money and DON'T abuse the network...which is me.  I have 4 phones on my everything family plan and we rarely go over 6 gigs a month.  I typically use 2(as i do a fair amount of remote  access to networks) and my wife is around 1.5.  My MIL is growing as she is a new smartphone user so she's had some big spikes..and i've asked her to use more wifi..which she does..she averages 1 now.  My daughter has never gone above 1 gig(and won't now that her phone is not a smartphone any longer).  so we are under 4 gigs for 4 lines..:)  It's nice to have that unlimited going for if we need a burst for something but we don't abuse the network.

No, it's way better. It doesn't match. Have you priced the AT&T and VZW plans with 20GB? Hold on to your gullet! You guys act like 10GB = 20GB in your comparisons. Double the data has real value to most users.

Robert

By matches, I was referring to the access fees. Which I think was key, it really makes it easy to compare line item to line item. While really showing the prize at the end of the chart... data on the cheap.

I can go along with this type of thinking.  But of all things, this is not a big deal.

Robert

My favorite tweet:

" T-Mobile's got so much EDGE, it almost got acquired by Gillette." [emoji3]

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/501718230730166272

Also I see many more tweets critical of T-Mobile's coverage, so people are starting to see through John's fake swagger and calling him out.

• Like 16

I think it should be a flat 15, (or better $10), for all devices, phones, tablets, hotspots, routers, anything that connects to the network and uses the same shared data bucket.

Phones get voice/txt, data only devices lose out, but it keeps the price simple and consistent.

give me(as i'm on 2 year contract) the ability to have the phones all at 15/month access and then let me grab the 20 gig bucket and i'll switch...

Nice try, but you told me a few weeks ago you are no longer a Sprint customer.  But it didn't surprise me that you're one of the naysayers.  Leopards do not change their spots.  So you are trying to find ways to complain, even if it doesn't pertain to you.

Robert

I'm still on Sprint right now..hence my breaking my silence..:)

By matches, I was referring to the access fees. Which I think was key, it really makes it easy to compare line item to line item. While really showing the prize at the end of the chart... data on the cheap.

But then compare total costs with access fees for a 20GB unsubsidized plan, Sprint saves existing customers $100 per month over VZW and AT&T for 20GB, even including access fees.  And even more than that if you are a new customer.

Robert

• Like 1