Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I should add all you guys bitching that this doesn't work for you thats fine. Sprint isnt making you switch. These plans are meant to entice att and verizon customers that already are on plans like this. We were told several times that if customers dont like the plans to reenforce that sprint is honoring our unlimited guarantee and we are happy to keep them on framily/my way/data 1500.

Also its obvious new unlimited individual plans are coming so possibly you might like that better.

It seems like these plans are made to entice Verizon and ATT customers who are high data users.  The problem is that people who are high data users on Verizon/ATT and switch to Sprint will not be happy with the network performance.  Sprint needs more time to complete LTE upgrades before trying to woo away heavy data users from ATT/Verizon.  There is no point in pulling over a customer that you're just going to lose. One you do that, they will likely never come back for a 2nd try.

• Like 3

Unlimted for life guarantee doesn't mean they will offer an unlimited plan forever to new customer, only if you have unlimited data you can keep it. I am starting to think you are purposely misrepresenting these New plans.

I know. The point I am trying to make is:  Does it hints that Sprint is considering getting out of "unlimited data" business?

It seems like these plans are made to entice Verizon and ATT customers who are high data users. The problem is that people who are high data users on Verizon/ATT and switch to Sprint will not be happy with the network performance. Sprint needs more time to complete LTE upgrades before trying to woo away heavy data users from ATT/Verizon. There is no point in pulling over a customer that you're just going to lose. One you do that, they will likely never come back for a 2nd try.

That depends where you are, indy is the best voice network and one of the most complete data networks sprint has. Im very happy with sprint here and band 41 is scheduled for 90 days on most towers.
  • Like 6

I know. The point I am trying to make is: Does it hints that Sprint is considering getting out of "unlimited data" business?

Well per the tweet from sprint yesterday, it seems unlimited is for individuals. Which from an accounting and profitable stand point makes more sense than a family share.
  • Like 5

I know. The point I am trying to make is:  Does it hints that Sprint is considering getting out of "unlimited data" business?

I don't think so according to the tweet:

AyiCWa7.jpg

• Like 10

Well per the tweet from sprint yesterday, it seems unlimited is for individuals. Which from an accounting and profitable stand point makes more sense than a family share.

On Framily, you can pay extra for unlimited. But you don't have that options for the new plan

But it's good to know there are still unlimited out there.

• Like 1

On Framily, you can pay extra for unlimited. But you don't have that options for the new plan

I think Unlimited is staying with individual plans. But just cause you have a "Family" doesn't mean you need to be on a Family plan. Each line can be an Individual line on the same bill. 

• Like 3

...And you can keep your unlimited Framily plan - as I am since I have the max discount.  No one is forcing any of the new plans on you.  Do whatever works best for your situation.  :D

• Like 3

I might be wrong, but the individual plans havnt been announced yet. And my post was saying the current new family plans don't make financial sense for Sprint to offer unlimted. Just my opinion granted.

...And you can keep your unlimited Framily plan - as I am since I have the max discount.  No one is forcing any of the new plans on you.  Do whatever works best for your situation.  :D

ilwttig4.png

Sometimes...It just seems....LOL  :D

• Like 6

I read this an article about Sprint, the new CEO and new pricing plan.

During an interview with Reuters Claure  said, “I think we were going the wrong way,” Claure continued to say, “Its not a secret that we are losing more customers than we are gaining, but we believe if we put together good offers that deliver more value to consumers, customers are going to come to Sprint.”

This worries me because this is the Sprint status quo for survival, price cutting. Sprint has done enough of that over the years. Build a network consumers will love to use, and you won't have to keep price cutting so much. At this time in Sprint's history, it needs to build a better network NOW, not better prices or value. I would like to hear Claure's plans to accomplish that.

• Like 3

I read this an article about Sprint, the new CEO and new pricing plan.

This worries me because this is the Sprint status quo for survival, price cutting. Sprint has done enough of that over the years. Build a network consumers will love to use, and you won't have to keep price cutting so much. At this time in Sprint's history, it needs to build a better network NOW, not better prices or value. I would like to hear Claure's plans to accomplish that.

At this stage, I don't think Marcelo can talk about the plans on how to improve the network.

He has to deliver them, and the press will follow. Otherwise, isn't it the same song?

Which they are doing.... improvements are coming.

• Like 2

Things to consider:

• Sprint has more statistics about how their members use their service than any of us do. A majority of family/framily accounts may show that collectively the family doesn't need unlimited and can get away with a bucket of 20GB. So why not offer a cheaper alternate to unlimited.
  • Just because the new family plans don't include unlimited doesn't mean there won't be an unlimited family plan of some sort in the system. Expiration dates on plans are just legal writings, plans are extended all the time.
  • As said before, you don't have to change your plan. Being on Everything Data Family with a Corporate Discount makes Sprint's plans extremely competitive.
  • These new plans will attract new customers. There are customers that have left Sprint to go to the other Big 3 and their service was downgraded. These new family plans and buyout options will attract those customers back.
  • Like 10

At this stage, I don't think Marcelo can talk about the plans on how to improve the network.

He has to deliver them, and the press will follow. Otherwise, isn't it the same song?

Which they are doing....

Delivery is the ultimate proof, and I would applaud it as a customer and stock holder. Absent that, I would like him to admit there are network build out problems, what the problems are, where the problems exist (contractors, geographic regions, etc.), and what he is doing to remedy them. I want swift, aggressive, and decisive action to right this ship called the Sprint network.

• Like 2

Which they are doing.... improvements are coming.

:clap: <----- Wish this was a slow clap for you.

Delivery is the ultimate proof, and I would applaud it as a customer and stock holder. Absent that, I would like him to admit there are network build out problems, what the problems are, where the problems exist (contractors, geographic regions, etc.), and what he is doing to remedy them. I want swift, aggressive, and decisive action to right this ship called the Sprint network.

I'd rather him say, our network still has problems (he's already done that on saying our network isn't where it needs to be) and say, we're going to get it there and nothing else.

• Like 4

I'd rather him say, our network still has problems (he's already done that on saying our network isn't where it needs to be) and say, we're going to get it there and nothing else.

Just say "It's coming" is the same song heard for years. Message must change as conditions change. The condition has changed as follows:

1) Network build out taking longer than usual.

2) Network build out not delivering performance as expected.

More specificity should be provided in exchange for asking customers to be more patient. It's a reasonable request.

• Like 1

Just say "It's coming" is the same song heard for years. Message must change as conditions change. The condition has changed as follows:

More specificity should be provided in exchange for asking customers to be more patient. It's a reasonable request.

Timelines were provided previously, which is why everyone has become pissed. Saying it's coming and saying it's being worked on are two different things. Providing details on why it's taken so long will only come off as an excuse and displacing blame. Throwing people under the bus looks bad on the person doing it and not on those that failed.

• Like 1

And this is the same thing that users keep saying. Keep in mind that the network is not complete yet. It has not been optimized for best usage, and there are still thousands of sites waiting to be LTE accepted. In areas where capacity is an issue, extra carriers are being added and b41 is hopefully being prioritized next to b26.

The network buildout is happening at a pretty decent pace considering all the set backs and complications that occurred. I am surprised they are where they are right now. Do not use Tmobile as an example, because we all know that the NV process was considerably more complicated. It's easier to slap some new rims on a car, than it is to replace the engine, transmission, computer system, and then add rims. 

Marcelo has already admitted the network is not where it should be. It was one of the first few things he said. The fact is, the pace and mentality of sprint has changed. You can not use the past few years as an example, because there is complete new management and Masa and Marcelo are not Hesse and the previous executives. 

edit: words

• Like 5

Timelines were provided previously, which is why everyone has become pissed. Saying it's coming and saying it's being worked on are two different things. Providing details on why it's taken so long will only come off as an excuse and displacing blame. Throwing people under the bus looks bad on the person doing it and not on those that failed.

I wouldn't take it as excusing making. That's one! :) But, I work in a field where I work on technical projects and am probably more understanding.

I wouldn't call it excuse making. It's more like taking responsibility and making sure others are being responsible and accountable.