Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

It is apparent that those of us that are unhappy with these plans, are not the only ones.

Yes but not for the reason you are thinking. Investors don't like the company they are investing in slashing their margins, in this case offering significantly lower priced plans...

Yes but not for the reason you are thinking. Investors don't like the company they are investing in slashing their margins, in this case offering significantly lower priced plans...

Hmm, well I think a lot of people on this thread would (and have) disagree on the significantly lower price.

If these were great plans, everyone would be switching today.

But if the margins are postive, and if it pushes subscribers its a good thing.

Tmo slashed and stock is strong.

Hmm, well I think a lot of people on this thread would (and have) disagree on the significantly lower price.

If these were great plans, everyone would be switching today.

I don't think these plans were designed for people on this board by-and-large.

Tmo slashed and stock is strong.

The stock is still somewhat supported by the rejected Iliad offer. John also only made a quarterly profit last quarter due to a one off spectrum sale to Verizon. T-Mobile's EBITDA margin has plummeted. The strategy of adding subscribers at next to 0 margins is great to get a company ready to sell. I'm yet to be convinced what he is doing is sustainable. Thus, I hesitate to see Sprint throw their hat in the "Race to the Bottom."

• Like 3

I think the Sprint stock drop today is not to do with margins, and more to do with the uncertainty about the future. Sprint is losing customers (hopefully this helps offset those loses). Nothing is unexpected though, they knew people would flock during NV, and it is turning around. But the uncertainty is driving some folks to sell Sprint stock today. It'll come back if they can post some numbers. Even if margins are lower today, it's a limited time offer anyways.

John also only made a quarterly profit last quarter due to one off spectrum sale to Verizon. T-Mobile's EBITDA margin has plummeted. The strategy of adding subscribers at next to 0 margins is great to get a company ready to sell. I'm yet to be convinced what he is doing is sustainable. Thus, I hesitate to see Sprint throw their hat in the "Race to the Bottom."

This is the Magentan national anthem...

AJ

I don't think these plans were designed for people on this board by-and-large.

Agreed.

I also concede that the $100 plan for new subscribers is a good deal.

Until after 2015, and it becomes ~$250. assuming 10 smartphones, however even that comes out to only $25 per phone, which isn't bad if you can live with a shared bucket and micromanaging your usage across all users.

Agreed.

Until after 2015, and it becomes ~$250. assuming 10 smartphones, however even that comes out to only $25 per phone, which isn't bad if you can live with a shared bucket and micromanaging your usage across all users.

If you have to micromanage 20 GB of data then you would probably be best served on an unlimited plan...which sprint still offers.

• Like 1

Agreed.

And if Sprint will lose customers in 2015, they'll keep it, or do something to make them happy. It's not like you have to give them your credit card number and forced auto bill. And then you have to cancel yourself or be charged in perpetuity.

And the new sub's can enjoy the savings now and be free to do whatever they want at the end of the promo. That's why it's a great thing for consumers. Freedom, at a very low price.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Remember T-Mobile's recent data promo that expires in 18 months?  Just because everyone else is doing it does not make it right.  But it does make it more justifiable.  

AJ

• Like 1

If you have to micromanage 20 GB of data then you would probably be best served on an unlimited plan...which sprint still offers.

Uh, 20 gig with 10 users is only 2 gig per user, so yeah it may take some micromanaging.

With the +2gig per line per device + base 20 gig, now 40 gig total, that is 4 gig per user.

Since depending on where you are on the family totem pole, you may or may not have much control on what the other users can use.

When little johnny or tammy use up half the pool with netflix and pandora, the other 8 users are left with even less to split.

Or maybe its mom and dad that are soaking up the pool, in any case, any type of shared limited pool will require some level of managing.

• Like 1

Remember T-Mobile's recent data promo that expires in 18 months? Just because everyone else is doing it does not make it right. But it does make it more justifiable.

AJ

I actually like having an end date. Yeah it sucks to end a promo, but id rather know when.

Uh, 20 gig with 10 users is only 2 gig per user, so yeah it may take some micromanaging.

With the +2gig per line per device + base 20 gig, now 40 gig total, that is 4 gig per user.

Since depending on where you are on the family totem pole, you may or may not have much control on what the other users can use.

When little johnny or tammy use up half the pool with netflix and pandora, the other 8 users are left with even less to split.

Or maybe its mom and dad that are soaking up the pool, in any case, any type of shared limited pool will require some level of managing.

There is an option for more data... lol.

It's 20GB whether you decide to have 2 users, or 10 users. Lots of flexibility.

• Like 1

It's 20GB whether you decide to have 2 users, or 10 users. Lots of flexibility.

But is 20 GB enough?  It sounds like dedub wants to use the hell out of the data network.  Hmm, imagine that.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

But is 20 GB enough? It sounds like dedub wants to use the hell out of the data network. Hmm, imagine that.

;)

AJ

Dont take it the wrong way, but I sort of wish these plans were pushed to all users.

I like the low cost data buckets, unlike the other two (blue and red) should also help the network health and etc....

But is 20 GB enough? It sounds like dedub wants to use the hell out of the data network. Hmm, imagine that.

;)

AJ

For dedub, no plan will be sufficient except for unlimited plans. So he just needs to keep his unlimited plan.

• Like 1

yes you guys like to make me out for the bad guy.

Ok the 20 gig is not for one person, unless one person wants to pay 100 for it.

Or they could just pay 80 (or less with discounts) for unlimited and not have to worry about it.

I agree the plans give flexibility.

They also give cause to have to micromanage not just your particular usages, but everyone else that is also sharing the bucket.

I have a Sprint phone and a TMO hotspot. You will know who's left behind when you leave city center

TMO only advertises its LTE network. But in reality, vast majority of its coverage area are still in EDGE.

• Like 1

I don't understand why all Sprint plan has to be so complicated with so many "if ... then".

Can't they make it simple to understand?

The new plans are simple. New customers get up to 10 devices in a Family Plan with 20GB for $100. It is no more convoluted than any other family plan. There will also be simple individual plans later this week.

What can be hard to understand is some of your posts that miss proper syntax or tense.

I agree on the name change, but I'm not sure SoftBank is the best name. Could be confusing as to why a "bank" owns a cellular carrier. Remember, we gotta keep in simple for the stupid people...lol

Call it U.S.Cellular , then talk about expanded coverage new network, people will think US Cellular bought sprint.

I agree on the name change, but I'm not sure SoftBank is the best name. Could be confusing as to why a "bank" owns a cellular carrier. Remember, we gotta keep in simple for the stupid people...lol

Call it U.S.Cellular , then talk about expanded coverage new network, people will think US Cellular bought sprint.

Marcelo Claure revealed in their Town Hall last week to Sprint employees that as far as brand perception, Sprint was a zero.  Which means it is neither positive, nor negative on the whole.  Scores do go negative when the average consumer has a negative impression.  Granted, the competition is all above zero, but it means that the Sprint brand is not tanked.

You guys read too much troll blathering.  So your impression of Sprint is slanted because you think internet trolls and some unjournalistic tech media stories (not read by the general public) are against Sprint.  But real brand perception metrics just don't bear that out.

To consider a brand change, you'd have to have a significantly negative score.  This means it is not worth the cost and possible negative stories that could come out of a name change.  It means with a net score of zero, they still can easily change perception by improving their network and giving them a value price.  

Name changer advocates need to check into the Betty Ford clinic.  Because you keep popping the downer pills the trolls keep peddling.  Fight the trolls back.

Robert

• Like 16