Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I'm on a maxed out framily plan (10 users), so this plan isn't for me.  However, I do like that hotspot is now included in the data allotment, but at the same time overages should have gone away and replaced with throttling once data is exceeded.  I would trade unlimited data for a big bucket of data, hotspot, and throttling.  

• Like 4

I'm on a maxed out framily plan (10 users), so this plan isn't for me.  However, I do like that hotspot is now included in the data allotment, but at the same time overages should have gone away and replaced with throttling once data is exceeded.  I would trade unlimited data for a big bucket of data, hotspot, and throttling.  

I agree. I'm on an 8 line framily plan so no benefit for me to switch (I pay for 2 of the lines, but all 8 of us are actually family). My wife is fine with the 1GB of data (she's a stay at home mom, so on wifi most of the time). I pay for unlimited for myself. The only thing that'll get me to switch is no overages and hotspot included.

I agree. I'm on an 8 line framily plan so no benefit for me to switch (I pay for 2 of the lines, but all 8 of us are actually family). My wife is fine with the 1GB of data (she's a stay at home mom, so on wifi most of the time). I pay for unlimited for myself. The only thing that'll get me to switch is no overages and hotspot included.

Hotspot is included in from your bucket

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

But having the "bucket" of data would cost me significantly more than I pay with framily.

So be it. Your last sentence stated all you needed was hotspot and no overages. I was only pointing out the hotspot.

So be it. Your last sentence stated all you needed was hotspot and no overages. I was only pointing out the hotspot.

I also meant to say that to give up unlimited, it would take pricing in addition to hotspot/no overages. Otherwise for my usage today, I'm quite happy with the unlimited add-on at $20 :)

BTW is my math wrong or is this plan better than framily for a single line user if they are a new customer? at the 600 MB tier with no line charge you would get 2.6 GB of data for $20? or 2 lines with 4.6 GB for $20? Granted when the waived line charge ends that would go to $45 and $70 respectively 

Someone correct me if I am misunderstanding my own spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/edit?usp=sharing

/edit I mean, geez, with my 23% discount as a new customer I could get 6 GB of data over 2 lines for only $19.25?

Edited by cletus

BTW is my math wrong or is this plan better than framily for a single line user if they are a new customer? at the 600 MB tier with no line charge you would get 2.6 GB of data for $20? or 2 lines with 4.6 GB for $20? Granted when the waived line charge ends that would go to $45 and $70 respectively

Someone correct me if I am misunderstanding my own spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XehsVIj6VeE2aL7OjXu8KXei6dKL4QxArWjX7aYJx6k/edit?usp=sharing

/edit I mean, geez, with my 23% discount as a new customer I could get 6 GB of data over 2 lines for only $19.25?

That promo to waive device fees requires the 20gb plan or higher. And the extra 2gb promo is only for the 20gb plan no lower or higher gb is eligable.

That promo to waive device fees requires the 20gb plan or higher. And the extra 2gb promo is only for the 20gb plan no lower or higher gb is eligable.

For new users AND existing users? If so this plan is dead to me.

They completely missed comparing Sprint unsubsidized 20GB Family plan for new customers as only $100, whereas the same unsubsidized plan with ATT or VZW for only four lines and 20GB is way over $200. That is the most important comparison in plans of all.

And most noteworthy of the VZW plan, is it is limited to 2GB. If you want to increase your plan one month, you have to pay the pull price of a 2GB plan, and then the data upgrade to 4GB. So that would be an additional ~$50 just to get an additional 2GB. Ouch!!

I was considering picking up a VZW line for this promo and ditching my VZW hotspot. I've always wanted to kick the tires on a BB Z30. But I typically use 4-6GB a month on my VZW hotspot. That becomes too cost prohibitive. I'll just stay with my $50 4GB hotspot plan.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

They completely missed comparing Sprint unsubsidized 20GB Family plan for new customers as only $100, whereas the same unsubsidized plan with ATT or VZW for only four lines and 20GB is way over $200. That is the most important comparison in plans of all.

And most noteworthy of the VZW plan, is it is limited to 2GB. If you want to increase your plan one month, you have to pay the pull price of a 2GB plan, and then the data upgrade to 4GB. So that would be an additional ~$50 just to get an additional 2GB. Ouch!!

I was considering picking up a VZW line for this promo and ditching my VZW hotspot. I've always wanted to kick the tires on a BB Z30. But I typically use 4-6GB a month on my VZW hotspot. That becomes too cost prohibitive. I'll just stay with my $50 4GB hotspot plan.

Agreed on both counts.... but I thought it showed that not just sprint is doing timed promotions - which is fine, especially since sprint puts an end date.

I should add all you guys bitching that this doesn't work for you thats fine. Sprint isnt making you switch. These plans are meant to entice att and verizon customers that already are on plans like this. We were told several times that if customers dont like the plans to reenforce that sprint is honoring our unlimited guarantee and we are happy to keep them on framily/my way/data 1500.

Also its obvious new unlimited individual plans are coming so possibly you might like that better.

• Like 16

I should add all you guys bitching that this doesn't work for you thats fine. Sprint isnt making you switch. These plans are meant to entice att and verizon customers that already are on plans like this. We were told several times that if customers dont like the plans to reenforce that sprint is honoring our unlimited guarantee and we are happy to keep them on framily/my way/data 1500.

To me the new plan, is better than a high user framily plan as it is more stable. If members leave the fram, prices can get get higher quick.
  • Like 1

Oh, just found out they complete ditch unlimited data option~

Where is my unlimited for life guarantee?   :)

Just speculate, is it possible they revamp Framily into individual plan with referral discount.

To me the new plan, is better than a high user framily plan as it is more stable. If members leave the fram, prices can get get higher quick.

Stability is definitely a perk.

• Like 1

The waived fee is for porting in, so that's obviously only for new customers. The extra data is for anyone.

For clarity:

For line fees are they waived at any data level? or just at 20 GB and above?

Extra data is only for 20 GB and above plans for both new and existing customers?

For clarity:

For line fees are they waived at any data level? or just at 20 GB and above?

Extra data is only for 20 GB and above plans for both new and existing customers?

Waived is for 20gb and above for new customers. Extra data is 20gb only new or current.

Also its obvious new unlimited individual plans are coming so possibly you might like that better.

This is a great point. I highlighted the "unlimited guarantee" a couple pages back for those of us on MyWay/Framily w/ unlimited add-on, we get to keep unlimited.

Stability is definitely a perk.

if I am able to switch to the new plans (see previous posts, thx again Rocket) the new plan over framily would cost me $3 more per month, and going from unlimited data to 24GB (and no yearly upgrade)...  to me thats a good deal.   

Waived is for 20gb and above for new customers. Extra data is 20gb only new or current.

Dang. I was hoping for more value out of the lower end plans. Okay, updated the spreadsheet to reflect pricing. Does this look correct to you? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4FXkfyfM69LNJ6-vJ0baMZxdSWJ8N8aQNS_vVd5XOM/edit?usp=sharing

Where is my unlimited for life guarantee?   :)

Just speculate, is it possible they revamp Framily into individual plan with referral discount.

So I guess all of the My Way/All In, Framily Unlimited, SERO and Everything Data plans never existed huh?

• Like 5

Where is my unlimited for life guarantee? :)

Unlimted for life guarantee doesn't mean they will offer an unlimited plan forever to new customer, only if you have unlimited data you can keep it. I am starting to think you are purposely misrepresenting these New plans.
  • Like 6