Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Awesome idea! 

This should really remain a feature offered to current customers instead of new ones as it could get real awkward if Sprint voice or LTE doesn't work as predicted by the maps in a customers home (like any carrier).    

I wonder if they will just hire somebody barely competent to deliver a phone or if they will try to hire somebody bright enough to turn on the phone and show somebody how to use it.

I wonder if they will just hire somebody barely competent to deliver a phone or if they will try to hire somebody bright enough to turn on the phone and show somebody how to use it.

I would think somebody competent especially because you're going to someone's home, you don't want to look like an idiot especially in someone else's home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a pretty interesting idea, especially for older folks that dont have the ability to visit the store or are not as technically inclined as some of us. 

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/13/8383967/sprint-direct-2-you-home-setup

WSJ followed up with an article as well.  

Personally, I feel like this is something Verizon would be attempting to do, not Sprint.

I think Sprint should be focusing this money into their network instead.  Fundamentally, everything that Verizon/AT&T are marketing is coverage/data.  While Sprint has made some nice gains here, they have a lot of work to go.

If Sprint wants to invest in customer service, I still think they should work on a new billing system and new website.

Glad to see them trying though, it's at least innovative.

• Like 1

WSJ followed up with an article as well.  

Personally, I feel like this is something Verizon would be attempting to do, not Sprint.

I think Sprint should be focusing this money into their network instead.  Fundamentally, everything that Verizon/AT&T are marketing is coverage/data.  While Sprint has made some nice gains here, they have a lot of work to go.

If Sprint wants to invest in customer service, I still think they should work on a new billing system and new website.

Glad to see them trying though, it's at least innovative.

With Sprint's network finally being slightly competitive on the larger scale the second problem they have to tackle is customer service. People have been complaining about Sprint's customer service almost as much as they've been complaining about the network so this is also a step to a turnaround.

• Like 1

This is a pretty interesting idea, especially for older folks that dont have the ability to visit the store or are not as technically inclined as some of us.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/13/8383967/sprint-direct-2-you-home-setup

I'm sure this will promote constructive discussion over at fierce wireless....
  • Like 2

I'm sure this will promote destructive discussion over at fierce wireless....

You made a word choice mistake in your post.  I fixed it.

If T-Mobile were to offer this service, it would be the best, most uncarrierest thing ever.

But since Sprint offers it, it will be viewed as stupid and worthless.

AJ

• Like 20

If T-Mobile were to offer this service, it would be the best, most uncarrierest thing ever.

AJ

Sounds right.

• Like 2

AJ

And if it was on the schedule to be apart of Un-Carrier Event (lost track at which number) - it has been removed!   

• Like 1

http://time.com/money/3819318/sprint-promotions-deals-desperate/?xid=yahoo_money

Well, the bashing has already started. As quoted:

Yet for anyone paying attention to the industry, the promo reads more as an act of desperation than a great deal.

Interesting report from Q1 2015 regarding latency

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/special-reports/3g4g-wireless-network-latency-how-did-verizon-att-sprint-and-t-mobile-compa?confirmation=123

Sprint went from worst latency on LTE to just under T-Mobile.

Wow, Sprint is #2 in LTE latency. Just a millisecond worse than AT&T at #1. Sprint's latency has really improved.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 9

Wow, Sprint is #2 in LTE latency. Just a millisecond worse than AT&T at #1. Sprint's latency has really improved.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

A lot of things have improved. Shhhh though. Sprint can never improve. Endless promises [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 5

Even Fabian agreed Sprint improved...Hell hath frozen over. :unsure:

Where is this? I'm pretty sure I just read somewhere him and s.ali bitching their usual complaints about sprint

Where is this? I'm pretty sure I just read somewhere him and s.ali bitching their usual complaints about sprint

On the first page of comments of this article: http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/special-reports/3g4g-wireless-network-latency-how-did-verizon-att-sprint-and-t-mobile-compa?confirmation=123

• Like 1

This is interesting, I would like to see how well this works out for Sprint, it may work out well if they staff stores to do this. I like this idea!! (not sure how well it would do though if your not in a big city). Kinda surprised Cnet posted this, I have seen a lot from Cnet not giving Sprint good reviews on there services in the past.

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprints-direct-2-you-brings-the-device-upgrade-process-to-your-home/#ftag=YHF65cbda0

• Like 1

Yeah, I read that as well.  He/she/it is usually batsh@t crazy but, I do have to admit (with great disdain) that he/she/it has had some pretty valid points lately, both for and against Sprint.  

My stance?  Both companies have done absolutely remarkable things network-wise in the past few years.  I certainly am man enough to give credit where credit is due.  T-mobile, however, is riding atop a phenomenal marketing campaign.  Their brand has gone from tarnished and tired to consumer centric and quite desired.  An awesome business case study, to be sure.

Sprint can do the same if their marketing team can correctly and memorably relay the message of how far the Sprint network has truly come and where it's going. 

When I stumbled across this site in early 2012 I was fuming mad at Sprint.  I was living near Emory University here in Atlanta and was shocked to not be able to even get a usable 3G signal on the campus of one of the South's leading educational institutions nestled in the geographic middle of the nation's 9th largest metropolitan area.  It was truly shocking.  This site allowed me to see the light at the end of the tunnel, however and the distance Sprint has come is truly mind-boggling.  The biggest take away, at least for me, isn't the ubiquitous 4G LTE I find essentially everywhere I go, it's not the quantum leap in download speeds from sub-dial up to now consistently over 15 mbps...it's not even the rapidly growing of band 41 coverage with its speeds of over 40 mbps.  No, what really stands out to me is that I HAVEN'T ROAMED IN OVER 18 MONTHS, EVEN UNDERGROUND IN PARKING GARAGES AND DEEP IN THE BOWELS OF LARGE BUILDINGS.  800 SMR has completely changed the nature of the core sprint network.  Being able to make and receive calls and texts in virtually any situation I've come across and not having to roam has been the biggest positive change to Sprint's network since upgrading from 2G to 3G. 

Most readers of fiercewireless, Fabian included, would never express that, largely because T mobile has only recently acquired any low band spectrum at all...and it certianly isn't nationwide.

That's my dos centavos for the day.  ...as you were.  

• Like 13

Kinda surprised Cnet posted this, I have seen a lot from Cnet not giving Sprint good reviews on there services in the past.

Probably because John Legere's de facto press secretary, Roger Cheng, didn't write it.  <_<

• Like 3

Yeah, I read that as well. He/she/it is usually batsh@t crazy but, I do have to admit (with great disdain) that he/she/it has had some pretty valid points lately, both for and against Sprint.

My stance? Both companies have done absolutely remarkable things network-wise in the past few years. I certainly am man enough to give credit where credit is due. T-mobile, however, is riding atop a phenomenal marketing campaign. Their brand has gone from tarnished and tired to consumer centric and quite desired. An awesome business case study, to be sure.

Sprint can do the same if their marketing team can correctly and memorably relay the message of how far the Sprint network has truly come and where it's going.

When I stumbled across this site in early 2012 I was fuming mad at Sprint. I was living near Emory University here in Atlanta and was shocked to not be able to even get a usable 3G signal on the campus of one of the South's leading educational institutions nestled in the geographic middle of the nation's 9th largest metropolitan area. It was truly shocking. This site allowed me to see the light at the end of the tunnel, however and the distance Sprint has come is truly mind-boggling. The biggest take away, at least for me, isn't the ubiquitous 4G LTE I find essentially everywhere I go, it's not the quantum leap in download speeds from sub-dial up to now consistently over 15 mbps...it's not even the rapidly growing of band 41 coverage with its speeds of over 40 mbps. No, what really stands out to me is that I HAVEN'T ROAMED IN OVER 18 MONTHS, EVEN UNDERGROUND IN PARKING GARAGES AND DEEP IN THE BOWELS OF LARGE BUILDINGS. 800 SMR has completely changed the nature of the core sprint network. Being able to make and receive calls and texts in virtually any situation I've come across and not having to roam has been the biggest positive change to Sprint's network since upgrading from 2G to 3G.

Most readers of fiercewireless, Fabian included, would never express that, largely because T mobile has only recently acquired any low band spectrum at all...and it certianly isn't nationwide.

That's my dos centavos for the day. ...as you were.

I totally agree!

The other thing I'm impressed with is that not only does 800 work in buildings and garages, but I have found that 800 LTE works in a lot of those places.

• Like 2

This may be good news...

Nokia confirms it's in 'advanced' talks to buy Alcatel-Lucent

http://www.cnet.com/news/nokia-confirms-its-in-talks-to-buy-alcatel-lucent/

Sent via BlinkFeed

Higher prices for sprint?

Sprint can't use huawei or zte so down to 3 choices.

Higher prices for sprint?

Sprint can't use huawei or zte so down to 3 choices.

Even if what you hypothesize is true it wouldn't just be Sprint. Verizon and AT&T use ALU gear as well. Plus, the security concerns that forced Sprint to remove Huawei equipment from Clearwire's network after acquisition would be just as applicable to other Tier 1 operators.

• Like 1