Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

RE: Uncarrier delayed

Is this all Marcelo's doing, or was it already in the cards and just took time?

I mean, I think it's fair to say that features such as paying off ETFs and free global texting/data are a direct result of T-mobile doing it.

The question is, was Hesse a roadblock preventing Sprint from adopting these kinds of policies (ie, thinking they were useless gimmicks), or did he ok them but it just took many moons to get them through?

I am sure some of this is Marcelo's doing (or inspired by him) but some of it may have been in the works before hand.

I don't think Hesse was a roadblock, I think he spent a lot of his time cleaning up the mess that was left by Forsee and fighting an often hostile board of directors.

• Like 1

I said CURRENT reason.

That is not a full answer.  If T-Mobile started losing subs again or Sprint started gaining them, the T-ech press adoration would not subside.

Regardless, Mr. maximus question asker basically answered the question himself.  Good for him.  He should do that more often.

AJ

Would the T-ech media be receptive, positive, or at least unbiased?  The T-ech media seems to have its own agenda.

AJ

Go ask them, Mr. maximus question asker, why so many in the T-ech media have taken their generally positive stances on T-Mobile and generally negative attitudes toward Sprint for at least several years now.

AJ

Nope, wrong.  The T-ech press love for T-Mobile started well before it began gaining subscribers again.

AJ

Now you know how conservatives feel! lol

Now you know how conservatives feel! lol

Not really.  That may have relevance to you -- but not to me nor to many others on this site.

And do not bring irrelevant politics into the mix.  Robert has made that clear many times.

AJ

• Like 1

You're complaining about bias, right?

And you are trying to make some point about liberal bias, right?

Do not go there.

AJ

• Like 3

When it finally attached to my line, it switched back to $5/mo. So I removed it, and will tweet Marcelo tomorrow with proof that it was $0 to get it added to my account for that price.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Thanks for posting this. Just checked and my lines are now showing the $5/month charge now too. After removing, it shows the option is free again. They need to get that fixed.

RE: Uncarrier delayed

Is this all Marcelo's doing, or was it already in the cards and just took time?

I mean, I think it's fair to say that features such as paying off ETFs and free global texting/data are a direct result of T-mobile doing it.

The question is, was Hesse a roadblock preventing Sprint from adopting these kinds of policies (ie, thinking they were useless gimmicks), or did he ok them but it just took many moons to get them through?

I don't think this is all Marcelo's doing.  While Marcelo has been reacting to Tmobile's Uncarrier initiatives rather quickly to compete with Tmobile,  it is still a reaction vs. being proactive which IMO is mainly why Sprint gets so much heat for it even though it is a good thing.  Also to the fact that the Sprint "Uncarrier" moves are nothing unique or that makes them any better or worse than the ones Tmobile is offering but rather just matching their deals (ex: 2 lines for $100, International Value Roaming with less countries for now) doesn't really help set them apart.  I don't think if Hesse was still at the helm that these Tmobile Uncarrier initiatives would have been incorporated into Sprint plans at all so kudos for Marcelo for that.  Personally I don't really care which carrier created the ideas just as long as it had a big enough impact so that Sprint had to react and offer the same deal which is good for Sprint customers.

The Cut-Your-Bill-In-Half and the $50 single line unlimited plan for iPhone promos are unique to Sprint so I hope Sprint keeps it up for the next few years.

• Like 6

I don't get why sprint doesn't offer a longer try before you buy period than a week.

That was something someone in the uncarrier 9 audience wanted.

This is something they could do now. Yet they're not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you should tweet that to both ceo's and see if it happens? No one here knows exactly what reasonings have allowed certain promotions to be offered in lieu of others. All things considered, tmo is calling your name. Go and be pink.
  • Like 5

All things considered, tmo is calling your name. Go and be pink.

In case you were not aware, maximus long has been pink.  But he wants to make it clear that he is definitely no pinko commie.

AJ

And this is an example of on topic posts that we should be emulating?

And you are a banned member who returned without permission under disguise who we should be accepting?

AJ

I'm interested in the posting rules being equally applied.

If you were interested in the rules being observed and applied, you would not be back here.

Nevertheless, my post was fine.  It clarified what JeffDTD did not seem to be aware of in his post directing you to T-Mobile.  You are already pink.  And, to be clear, that means T-Mobile pink, not communist pink.  As such, that was a useful response to him -- because it provided him with additional info.

AJ

• Like 2

That may be just as well -- because if you constantly "chirp" in public, I will put my boot up your ass for free.

AJ

"Chirp" 10-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fringe benefit of the demise of Nextel was the silence of the "chirp" -- unless you happen to have another iDEN/dispatch operator in your market.  To be honest, the problem was minimal during the last few years.  But 10-15 years ago, Nextel and Boost Mobile subs behaving badly in public were commonplace.

Good riddance...

AJ

Couldn't pass up the opportunity... :P

• Like 1

Couldn't pass up the opportunity... :P

Ah, yes, Maceo.  You and your "dawgs" were the beginning of the demise of Nextel iDEN.  Like a star running out of fuel and going red giant.  We know how that ultimately ends...

AJ

• Like 1

I don't get why sprint doesn't offer a longer try before you buy period than a week.

I must say I have to wonder about this as well.  I really don't feel a week gives anyone a chance to truely experience the network.  I myself like to travel around a lot and I want to see how things perform all over.  I would think a month would be a better test ride period IMO.

• Like 1

I must say I have to wonder about this as well.  I really don't feel a week gives anyone a chance to truely experience the network.  I myself like to travel around a lot and I want to see how things perform all over.  I would think a month would be a better test ride period IMO.

Sprint's improving the network first.  I do think Marcelo will implement a "Test Drive" counter-promo when the network has a large amount of B41 carriers online.  2H of 2015 I think will be great for Sprint. Until then, they're focusing on loyalty promotions, new plan that have good pricing (to lower the churn rate.)  And, customer service is a step in the right direction with this 'Direct 2 You' promo.  

• Like 3

Did anyone who added "Direct Connect" get a Sprint order status email? I talked to them and they said its related to the Direct Connect feature add-on...weird.

I checked my account this morning and it is listed as an Service add-on.  I think that is your confirmation that it is added.  Sprint does not send another email when service adds on are officially added to your account.

And you are a banned member who returned without permission under disguise who we should be accepting?

AJ

As a mod, you should set the example. Unfortunately, some of your posts don't meet that standard.

I browse this site for information and objectivity. Not 'bash T-Mobile because I'm team Sprint' childishness.

Truth is, there is room for both carriers and competition is great for consumers.

Agree?

Sent from my SM-N910T

• Like 6