Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

When I added the new International value roaming to my account I noticed that in the list of options there were other choices that you could check to "enable international data" for example. Do you have to pick those options too or does simply selecting this new international value option trump those other settings?

The new international value roaming provides unlimited 2G speeds while the other 3 options you see are for buckets of higher speed 3G data.  They sell 100 MB, 200 MB and 500 MB of 3G speeds which is for those that absolutely need fast internet and can't deal with the 2G speeds .  Once that bucket is up, you will fall back to the 2G speeds in the international value roaming plan.  Personally when travelling all that matters is to be able to look up Google Maps, Tripadvisor, etc which 2G speeds is sufficient enough.  

You do not need to pick those other options and make sure you only select the international value roaming for $0.00 so you don't get dinged extra charges.  I added it to my SERO Premium plan this morning.  Just wish Sprint would have added Canada to its initial partners for this feature but I trust Marcelo to come through as time goes on in adding more and more countries.

• Like 5

The new international value roaming provides unlimited 2G speeds while the other 3 options you see are for buckets of higher speed 3G data. They sell 100 MB, 200 MB and 500 MB of 3G speeds which is for those that absolutely need fast internet and can't deal with the 2G speeds . Once that bucket is up, you will fall back to the 2G speeds in the international value roaming plan. Personally when travelling all that matters is to be able to look up Google Maps, Tripadvisor, etc which 2G speeds is sufficient enough.

You do not need to pick those other options and make sure you only select the international value roaming for $0.00 so you don't get dinged extra charges. I added it to my SERO Premium plan this morning. Just wish Sprint would have added Canada to its initial partners for this feature but I trust Marcelo to come through as time goes on in adding more and more countries.

I'm right with you on the Canada part. That will sure be handy once they get Canada added to this plan.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 3

I'm hoping for Orange Caribe or Digicel for strong Caribbean coverage.

Ditto. Digicel would or could add a lot of Caribbean roaming coverage as well as some in the South Pacific.

• Like 2

Hope they add some additional Asia countries.

Me too...particularly China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and the Southeast asian countries.  Also Australia/New Zealand and all of western Europe would be good.

https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/587043292405202945

This is hilarious!

Have to read the comments from john himself!! Lol

That is an embarrassing exchange. I feel like I was watching 12 year olds argue. 12 year olds that happen to be Billionaires.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 5

That is an embarrassing exchange. I feel like I was watching 12 year olds argue. 12 year olds that happen to be Billionaires.

Well Said!

Two petulant billionaires, acting like juveniles, bickering and each other!

• Like 2

That's sad...I want to believe that this is just all a stunt but from what I read last night john didn't have too much of a comeback. More so felt embarrassed that a big name person dogged out T-Mobile. But those two shouldn't be fighting over something so silly as a cellular network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That is hilarious. What would make Donald Trump bash T-Mobile out of no where?

Claure and Trump were probably playing golf down in palm beach for the weekend and after a few drinks, thought it would be hilarious to screw with him.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 5

That's sad...I want to believe that this is just all a stunt but from what I read last night john didn't have too much of a comeback. More so felt embarrassed that a big name person dogged out T-Mobile. But those two shouldn't be fighting over something so silly as a cellular network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a guy who has had aspirations of running for president and not understand the issues the wireless industry is facing, this is pretty damn sad. Trump should have just kept his mouth shut. Instead of criticism, he should have tweeted how he would have helped expand the wireless industry to reach more Americans if he was president.
  • Like 2

I love how Trump acts like Legere typically does on social media and he's the problem. Looked like a two way stupid fest to me.

• Like 9

I love how Trump acts like Legere typically does on social media and he's the problem. Looked like a two way stupid fest to me.

The two of them deserve each other.
  • Like 2

Unlimited Direct Connect is now a free add on for me. I'm on Framily. Hopefully it's that way for everyone now too.

It's always been free for me, but I wish they'd just make it free for everybody. It would increase adoption and perhaps be a differentiating feature.

Edit: I also wonder what the international direct connect can be used for. I know that SDC could direct connect with Sprint's iDEN users before they shut down Nextel here. I wonder if it's still possible to direct connect with the remaining iDEN networks in Latin America and elsewhere and/or other QChat networks out in the world.

• Like 1

It's always been free for me, but I wish they'd just make it free for everybody. It would increase adoption and perhaps be a differentiating feature.

Yeah, I wish it was free to all too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 2

That's what makes it so funny!

Why would John even respond?

Let trump run his mouth! Smh.

Those 2 are meant for each other!

Love marcelo for retweeting it.... It was like Marcelo saying " look at these dummies"

• Like 5

That's what makes it so funny!

Why would John even respond?

Let trump run his mouth! Smh.

Those 2 are meant for each other!

Love marcelo for retweeting it.... It was like Marcelo saying " look at these dummies"

Yeah, at least whenever John says something about Marcelo, Marcelo is an adult, and doesn't respond.

• Like 1

It sounds like a good idea. Looks like a good idea.... Hopefully people don't setup the drivers to get robbed. Regardless I like the fact sprint isn't standing still anymore, it shows they are ready to take customer service to the next level.

Awesome idea! 

This should really remain a feature offered to current customers instead of new ones as it could get real awkward if Sprint voice or LTE doesn't work as predicted by the maps in a customers home (like any carrier).    

• Like 1