Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Higher prices for sprint?

Sprint can't use huawei or zte so down to 3 choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe in the long, long run, but the current orders should already be covered by existing agreements. Plus, combining with Softbank's purchasing power it should be relatively moot. Time will tell though...

• Like 2

Probably because John Legere's de facto press secretary, Roger Cheng, didn't write it.  <_<

Roger Cheng is such a T-oady.

AJ

• Like 1

He's not the only one unfortunately.

Not the only one, no doubt.  But Cheng is known for helping Legere crash AT&T's CES party and T-oadily tweeting out a selfie with the Pink Joker.

AJ

Maybe sprint should engage the tech media more?

Would the T-ech media be receptive, positive, or at least unbiased?  The T-ech media seems to have its own agenda.

AJ

• Like 2

Why would they care either way?

Go ask them, Mr. maximus question asker, why so many in the T-ech media have taken their generally positive stances on T-Mobile and generally negative attitudes toward Sprint for at least several years now.

AJ

• Like 2

Go ask them, Mr. maximus question asker, why so many in the T-ech media have taken their generally positive stances on T-Mobile and generally negative attitudes toward Sprint for at least several years now.

AJ

Maybe because Sprint is implementing #UNcarrierDelayed:

Paying off ETFs+everything, kinda-global roaming, upgrading more often. 

Maybe because Sprint is only implementing unlocking cause of the FCC-brokered mandate and now magically even iphone 4S is unlockable for domestic use.

Maybe because customer service lied or were clueless about the true ETA of LTE upgrades and pissed off some tech writer.

Maybe because tech writers are shallow and respond to Legere's profane personality and can be easily manipulated.

Sprint's bad network was an easy topic for a lackluster news day but the first three items were completely in Sprint's control.

Nice to see they're doing the home delivery thing; quirky but original.

• Like 1

Unlimited Direct Connect is now a free add on for me. I'm on Framily. Hopefully it's that way for everyone now too.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%202.03.2

Hey Josh are you talking about this option for Direct Connect being free?  I see this option on my SERO plan so just wanted to see if this is what you are talking about.  The screenshot link in your post is broken.

x72A18u.jpg

Hey Josh are you talking about this option for Direct Connect being free? I see this option on my SERO plan so just wanted to see if this is what you are talking about. The screenshot link in your post is broken.

x72A18u.jpg

Yes, that's the option. It took 3 days of adding it for it to take on my account, but it's fully working this morning.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

Yes, that's the option. It took 3 days of adding it for it to take on my account, but it's fully working this morning.

Awesome.  I just added that option to my account.  We'll see if it kicks in.  I even downloaded the Google Play app in anticipation.  Damn 3 days is such a long time.  I already want to test this feature out with my bro.

• Like 1

One of my lines shows that as 0, while the other two show it as $5. All three are on Framily.

One of my lines shows that as 0, while the other two show it as $5. All three are on Framily.

When it finally attached to my line, it switched back to $5/mo. So I removed it, and will tweet Marcelo tomorrow with proof that it was $0 to get it added to my account for that price.

• Like 2

Darn. No DC for free here either.

That may be just as well -- because if you constantly "chirp" in public, I will put my boot up your ass for free.

AJ

• Like 5

"Chirp" 10-4

A fringe benefit of the demise of Nextel was the silence of the "chirp" -- unless you happen to have another iDEN/dispatch operator in your market.  To be honest, the problem was minimal during the last few years.  But 10-15 years ago, Nextel and Boost Mobile subs behaving badly in public were commonplace.

Good riddance...

AJ

• Like 5

When it finally attached to my line, it switched back to $5/mo. So I removed it, and will tweet Marcelo tomorrow with proof that it was $0 to get it added to my account for that price.

Darn. No DC for free here either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like the Everything Data and Framily plans so far do not qualify for the free SDC.  I wonder why that is the case.  Sprint should make SDC available to all legacy and current plans.

A fringe benefit of the demise of Nextel was the silence of the "chirp" -- unless you happen to have another iDEN/dispatch operator in your market.  To be honest, the problem was minimal during the last few years.  But 10-15 years ago, Nextel and Boost Mobile subs behaving badly in public were commonplace.

Good riddance...

AJ

But you see, when the, "Chirp" disappeared, it transformed to, "Lets have our conversations on speakerphone, volume all the way up, and be as loud and annoying as we can in public...." If THAT could go away, that would be a good riddance too....No one gives a damn what the conversation is about, be normal and hold the phone to your ear....

• Like 4

AJ

Tmob gains customers, Sprint loses them. This is the current reason. Not difficult to see.

Tmob gains customers, Sprint loses them. This is the current reason. Not difficult to see.

Nope, wrong.  The T-ech press love for T-Mobile started well before it began gaining subscribers again.

AJ

• Like 1

RE: Uncarrier delayed

Is this all Marcelo's doing, or was it already in the cards and just took time?

I mean, I think it's fair to say that features such as paying off ETFs and free global texting/data are a direct result of T-mobile doing it.

The question is, was Hesse a roadblock preventing Sprint from adopting these kinds of policies (ie, thinking they were useless gimmicks), or did he ok them but it just took many moons to get them through?