Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Anyone want to rank them early?

1. Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1. Verizon 2. AT&T - but not by too much 3. Sprint 4. T-Mobile. I do not think Sprint's gonna actually overtake AT&T any time soon if ever. But I think the gap is closing pretty fast. From what I can tell at least.

Anyone wants to wants to rank them early?

1. Verizon

I do want to want to rank them early.  But I don't often do what I want to want to do.

AJ

• Like 2

1. Verizon 2. AT&T - but not by too much 3. Sprint 4. T-Mobile. I do not think Sprint's gonna actually overtake AT&T any time soon if ever. But I think the gap is closing pretty fast. From what I can tell at least.

Why would you rank att higher than sprint? ATT is only starting WCS deployment mid-2015 and they've stopped-ish their small cell deployment; they're outta gas. They'd rather invest in their dividend than their network.

I do want to want to rank them early. But I don't often do what I want to want to do.

AJ

Corrected. Man I ended last week typing crazy and now I'm starting this week the same way smh.

Why would you rank att higher than sprint? ATT is only starting WCS deployment mid-2015 and they've stopped-ish their small cell deployment; they're outta gas. They'd rather invest in their dividend than their network.

Simply because Sprint still has more trouble markets than AT&T does AFAIK. Like I said the gap will close and it wouldn't surprise me to see them almost even in number of wins.

T-mobile runs a protection network in Omaha and doesn't sell service here. It is typically their worst market in root metrics testing results.

What's interesting though is that TMO speeds are equal to sprint.

If TMO barely has any towers then shouldn't their avg speeds across the blue tested area be away low?

• Like 1

Sprint is partnering with streaming music service Tidal. It's owned by Jay-Z and co-owned by 17 other musicians like Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Jack White and Madonna.

I guess this makes Sprint one of the cool kids if not the coolest on the block lol.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/30/tidal-confirms-partnership-with-sprint-owner-softbank-for-its-artist-co-owned-music-service/

• Like 3

What's interesting though is that TMO speeds are equal to sprint.

If TMO barely has any towers then shouldn't their avg speeds across the blue tested area be away low?

They also have no customers. So, no.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 6

T-mobile is maintaining a "substantial service" network for their PCS C block and AWS spectrum here with pretty much no one using it.They don't sell service to Omaha zipcodes so odds are if you hit a t-mobile tower in Omaha you are likely the only user on it. I have a feeling the distribution of rootmetric's speedtests is across the board for them, because there are wide swaths of the city where you won't get a signal. This is reflected in 1/5 of root metric's calls being dropped in their September tests.

I wonder how the Sprint-loathing press would react if Sprint made some serious progress against AT&T in the next national report.

Probably the same as before...

521b7713c8561112ef000012_736.jpg

• Like 3

Us cell is not coming on the market anytime soon

http://www.phonedog.com/2015/03/31/us-cellular-reveals-2015-4g-lte-plans-including-addition-over-600-cell-sites

U.S. Cellular says that it will add more than 600 4G LTE cell sites in 2015 and expand existing LTE service in 10 states. The 10 states that’ll see additional U.S. Cellular LTE coverage are California, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia. USCC says that more than 2,000 new cities will get 4G LTE, and that by the end of 2015, 98 percent of U.S. Cellular customers will be covered by its LTE network.

• Like 5

Us cell is not coming on the market anytime soon

http://www.phonedog.com/2015/03/31/us-cellular-reveals-2015-4g-lte-plans-including-addition-over-600-cell-sites

U.S. Cellular says that it will add more than 600 4G LTE cell sites in 2015 and expand existing LTE service in 10 states. The 10 states that’ll see additional U.S. Cellular LTE coverage are California, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia. USCC says that more than 2,000 new cities will get 4G LTE, and that by the end of 2015, 98 percent of U.S. Cellular customers will be covered by its LTE network.

I like this. A 5th competitor in the making?

Sent from my M8

I like this. A 5th competitor in the making?

Sent from my M8

Nope. They're just strengthening their core markets. They have to get rid of their 10+ year legacy equipment after all. 

Sprint is partnering with streaming music service Tidal. It's owned by Jay-Z and co-owned by 17 other musicians like Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Jack White and Madonna.

I guess this makes Sprint one of the cool kids if not the coolest on the block lol.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/30/tidal-confirms-partnership-with-sprint-owner-softbank-for-its-artist-co-owned-music-service/

I've been using tidal for a few days and while I love google play unlimited the quality is on holy "S" when HIFI mode is on.

I've been using tidal for a few days and while I love google play unlimited the quality is on holy "S" when HIFI mode is on.

I have the 30 day trial going on and it is really impressive. You can really hear the difference in the sound. I've blown though so much data in a short time but thank goodness for unlimited data.

I can't wait to hear the details on the tidal and sprint partnership.