Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

15 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Been to two Rite Aides and Walgreens. Both had MBs and they performed pretty solidly. Good to see Sprint making these happen.

Nice! There’s a CVS by me that could definitely use one. Hope they work out a deal with them to place them there as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Nice! There’s a CVS by me that could definitely use one. Hope they work out a deal with them to place them there as well.

Is this nationwide?    It should be.

• Like 2

I'll have to pay attention next time.   Was just in Rite-Aide by my house, but didn't look/notice.   I wish Kroger would strike a deal.   It's an absolute "0" signal zone in our Kroger.      Always has been!   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

Is this nationwide?    It should be.

Sure would be nice if it is. People who have better coverage tend to spend more time in stores and spend more money. The coverage is also necessary for using a store’s mobile app for prescriptions and discounts when in-store. People shopping also call or video chat with others at home or elsewhere to ensure they’re buying the right product. Having a poor wireless experience reflects not only on Sprint as a Carrier but the retail store as well.

Sounds like this message on Magic Boxes is finally getting through to Walgreens and Rite-Aid. Hopefully CVS as well.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

I'll have to pay attention next time.   Was just in Rite-Aide by my house, but didn't look/notice.   I wish Kroger would strike a deal.   It's an absolute "0" signal zone in our Kroger.      Always has been!   

A deal with Kroger would be awesome. Sprint’s coverage and network perception could really improve if it places Magic Boxes where people tend to spend a lot of time: Retail and Big Box stores.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Walgreens/Rite Aide seems to be a nationwide deal, so far ive seen it in a few and others have as well in different regions.

I’ll take a look when I head over to my local Walgreens today!

If only they could ink a deal with Target...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I’ll take a look when I head over to my local Walgreens today!

If only they could ink a deal with Target...

Seriously! Target would be huge since they are a growing business and their stores tend to be so big that even local macro sites signal become faint and congested on any carrier.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

If any of you guys are interested in the note 9 .. pretty sweet deal dee908589388468d95341b440afc6dcc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, Sprint does not appear to be offering the 512GB version for some reason. While I don't care about the storage, the extra 2GB of RAM would be nice. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, bretton88 said:

Unfortunately, Sprint does not appear to be offering the 512GB version for some reason. While I don't care about the storage, the extra 2GB of RAM would be nice. 

Yeah I'm a little bummed because I'm in the exact same boat. The extra storage I can take it or leave it, but I would rather have the additional 2GB of RAM. Not carrying the upgraded version when every other carrier will be is just such a Sprint thing to do. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Unfortunately, Sprint does not appear to be offering the 512GB version for some reason. While I don't care about the storage, the extra 2GB of RAM wouldn be nice. 

Me myself I wouldnt pay an extra almost 300 dollars for 2 extra GB of RAM.. that's just me

Sprint I'm sure analyzed this and came to the conclusion a lot of customers won't choose that higher end option

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Seriously! Target would be huge since they are a growing business and there stores tend to be so big that even local macro sites signal become faint and congested on any carrier.

Agreed! The more stores Sprint makes deals for Magic Boxes with the better!

I would love to see Sprint give us the ability to suggest/submit Magic Box locations/business names for them to reach out to. (Whether through the My Sprint app or the Sprint Website.) I’ve suggested this to Sprint in the past and have heard it’s supposedly in the works.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flompholph said:

With 260000+ magic boxs you can't be too suprised to run into a few. With a pace of 65k last quarter your only going to see more. 

These are a great way to slide small cells into nimby places.

Hopefully Sprint doesn’t run into supply issues with the new version of the Magic Box coming out as it did for prior versions of it. I recall Marcelo being pretty unhappy with the inability to sufficiently scale Magic Box production. Not sure what the actual issue behind it was at the time.

Sprint needs to go down the list of the highest trafficked national/regional retail brands and strike deals with them to place Magic Boxes across the country in all locations which need them. This is smart capex because it brings coverage to where the Sprint customers are. No doubt there are tools and metrics Sprint can use to determine this, including the “Location and Customer Data Analysis Feature” in the My Sprint App.

23 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Has anyone else seen any traces of upload CA? As of today every b41 tower in my city has it. Some type of low power mode but it's real. 

I have not seen anything yet, but I’m in a Samsung market.

Maybe users on other Nokia/Ericsson markets can chime in?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RAvirani said:
I have not seen anything yet, but I’m in a Samsung market.
Maybe users on other Nokia/Ericsson markets can chime in?

Every tower in my county with b41 is Ericsson except my home tower. That one is Nokia and the only one without 2xCA popping up. [emoji17]

3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Every tower in my county with b41 is Ericsson except my home tower. That one is Nokia and the only one without 2xCA popping up. emoji17.png

I have not seen it. I'm using an LG G7 which supports it, though the engineering screen does not show a spot for a SCC upload carrier.

You only have one site with Nokia equipment? All of the ones around me except one are Nokia. The Ericsson site still doesn't seem to have functioning 3xCA DL so I doubt it has 2xCA UL.

I have not seen it. I'm using an LG G7 which supports it, though the engineering screen does not show a spot for a SCC upload carrier.
You only have one site with Nokia equipment? All of the ones around me except one are Nokia. The Ericsson site still doesn't seem to have functioning 3xCA DL so I doubt it has 2xCA UL.
Do the current I phones support 2xca on upload.. the not functioning 3xca on download wonder what that is all about

47 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Do the current I phones support 2xca on upload.. the not functioning 3xca on download wonder what that is all about

The most recent phones so support 2xCA UL on B41. G7, S9, S9+, there might be a couple others. 

Yes. My home tower has had b41 for 2 years now. The other towers started in January 2018.