Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

That’s a great question and point you raised. We experienced this with 8T8R antennas where it seemed like the news about them vastly exceeded the actual deployments.

Sprint laid out its 5G deployment expectations in its Public Interest Statement on Pages 23-25: https://newtmobile.com/content/uploads/2018/06/T-Mobile-Sprint-Public-Interest-Statement.pdf

It’s not a particularly rosy picture. There’s a lot more detail in the subsequent pages.

The specific number of Massive MIMO sites Sprint expects to update in 2018-2019 and by 2020 is redacted.

In the press release from today John Saw says "In 2018 and 2019 Sprint expects to deploy thousands of Massive MIMO radios" so while we may not have a concrete number we know it's probably a lot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

In the press release from today John Saw says "In 2018 and 2019 Sprint expects to deploy thousands of Massive MIMO radios" so while we may not have a concrete number we know it's probably a lot.

Based on the size of the Redaction Blocks/Text Size in Footnote 75 of the Public Interest Statement, the Massive MIMO deployment figure appears to be in the 4 digit range in 2018, reaching the 5 digit range in 2019.

• Like 2

I thought something was strange how my b25 speeds have gone up these past few days so I decided to do a late night test. This is not possible on b25 10mhz 64qam download. Ran it 5 times and every time over 75mbps. This is the fastest I got to and implies that 256qam or 4x4 mimo is likely live on b25. Every time I get a really good signal 64qam uplink shows in the engineering screen no problem but downlink is set to none. From two different towers btw.7bb0adb14d2eff0f12ce9771b6a569e0.jpg9716f78b256795bacfceb9191587e7aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

705de916d826f1778f35706ee275d35e.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

I thought something was strange how my b25 speeds have gone up these past few days so I decided to do a late night test. This is not possible on b25 10mhz 64qam download. Ran it 5 times and every time over 75mbps. This is the fastest I got to and implies that 256qam or 4x4 mimo is likely live on b25. Every time I get a really good signal 64qam uplink shows in the engineering screen no problem but downlink is set to none. From two different towers btw.7bb0adb14d2eff0f12ce9771b6a569e0.jpg9716f78b256795bacfceb9191587e7aa.jpg

Post engineering screen shot, I'm pretty sure 10x10+5x5 can produce these speeds. It's live all around my way and I've seen speeds upwards of 60mbs during off peak times.

• Like 1

Post engineering screen shot, I'm pretty sure 10x10+5x5 can produce these speeds. It's live all around my way and I've seen speeds upwards of 60mbs during off peak times.
I edited it in above. My market is getting 15mhz no ca. Not here yet as you can see.

5 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I edited it in above. My market is getting 15mhz no ca. Not here yet as you can see.

When I refreshed the page and saw the engineering screen shot I  thought I was losing my mind for a second, lol.

That is awesome to see! Looks like 4x4 indeed, need some NSG to really confirm all these things. BTW, Lil Birdy sent me screen shots of 4x4MIMO B41 live in Alu market, producing speeds 3x faster than a standard 2xCA device.

• Like 1

When I refreshed the page and saw the engineering screen shot I  thought I was losing my mind for a second, lol.
That is awesome to see! Good find.
I'm finding alot as of late huh [emoji38]

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

That is awesome to see! Looks like 4x4 indeed, need some NSG to really confirm all these things. BTW, Lil Birdy sent me screen shots of 4x4MIMO B41 live in Alu market, producing speeds 3x faster than a standard 2xCA device.

Can we see??

So question for you all... what is up with my speed test at home yesterday... Download: .48 Mbps, upload: 8.40Mbps??   Isn't this backwards or is it because the network is overloaded and download is slow due to that?     I've also never have had upload speeds over 3 or 4Mbps.   ??    

I'm beginning to suspect they are re-farming 2500 for other uses, as I only now have 1900 available ever.   

Edited by dro1984

44 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

So question for you all... what is up with my speed test at home yesterday... Download: .48 Mbps, upload: 8.40Mbps??   Isn't this backwards or is it because the network is overloaded and download is slow due to that?     I've also never have had upload speeds over 3 or 4Mbps.   ??    

I'm beginning to suspect they are re-farming 2500 for other uses, as I only now have 1900 available ever.   

64qam on uplink is live on b25 in alot of markets but 256 qam is not. How many mhz does your b25 run on spectrum?

Was at the Jay-Z, Beyonce concert at the Ohio Stadium. Granted I don't have Sprint anymore but one of my friends did. Her calls were failing and nothing loaded(My carrier T-mobile included...the service didn't try to put up a fight to load anything despite having a full LTE signal) and the concert didn't really start until 7:30pm. We were in the stadium and at our seats by 6:10 with the gates opening at 6pm so there wasn't many people seated. Once we left and got outside those concrete and steel walls, her service went back to normal. I don't see why OSU does not have contacts with these carriers to allow them to install network equipment in the stadium.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:44 AM, tyroned3222 said:

I thought I'd do the honors lol and whats crazy this is only the beginning.. this seems to be their first real big push towards improving the Network across the Nation

https://twitter.com/SprintCTO/status/1030080324217102336?s=19

Still need the merger ?

5d8caf8047930f54a8a4f5549e820367.jpg

Well, Sprint gets to check this one off as a big win

Yes. One city doesnt make a competitive nation wide network. 

3 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

Yes. One city doesnt make a competitive nation wide network. 

It's not one city though. Sprint just chose to highlight their largest market this time around. City after city is showing average download speeds nearly doubling according to RootMetrics. That combined with 256/64QAM, upload 2xCA, and a renewed promise to deploy thousands of massive MIMO sites over the next 2 years is good news.

• Like 3

Just now, Paynefanbro said:

It's not one city though. Sprint just chose to highlight their largest market this time around. City after city is showing average download speeds nearly doubling according to RootMetrics.

It also doesnt give them the resources to build out a 5g network properly, restore their brands or come up with a market place niche. I was asking back in 2014 why would someone buy sprint amd cam only come up with price. That is still the case. How is VoLTE going to work on their network across most markets? There is a reason people have to opt. Into it. 

5 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

It also doesnt give them the resources to build out a 5g network properly, restore their brands or come up with a market place niche. I was asking back in 2014 why would someone buy sprint amd cam only come up with price. That is still the case. How is VoLTE going to work on their network across most markets? There is a reason people have to opt. Into it. 

Let's not pretend that every carrier didn't have opt-in VoLTE. Verizon had opt-in and AT&T started with even fewer markets than Sprint is starting with. The only exception was T-Mobile and that was because they had a fallback option. Even then their call reliability was horrible for years until they managed to fill in the gaps. To your point about not having the resources to build out a proper 5G network, I'm confused about what that even means when they're deploying a proper 5G network right now. And while yes the Sprint brand is tarnished that doesn't mean they can't fix that. T-Mobile's brand was in an even worse position than Sprint's at one point and to some T-Mobile is still a brand they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole but they are doing fine now.

• Like 1