Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

However

94Haucq.png

Now that looks more interesting...

I really wish Sprint would find a way to turn on CA such that L800 could be the PCC and L1900 could be the SCC. I can think of countless cases where the L1900 upload speeds are very slow, but download speeds would really give a boost to a UE that would otherwise only be connected to L800.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 7:31 PM, Terrell352 said:

Has anyone else seen any traces of upload CA? As of today every b41 tower in my city has it except the only Nokia tower. Some type of low power mode but it's real. 

You just got some acknowledgement from the man himself! Cool sh#t!

• Like 12

Looks like the new I phones will support 2xca upload and 64QAM.. wonder if it makes a different if it's TDD or FDD.
It does say TDD hyprid.. so it looks that it will support it on Sprint 18fff717a79cd2a31daa5098aad9c9e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hybrid means B25/41 CA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The UL 2CA would suggest that B41 UL CA may be supported. However it doesn't specify if the UL CA is FDD or TDD or both. 
Yup. I don't think that FDD upload CA is available on any Qualcomm modems yet. But B41 TDD upload CA is. So presumably that's what this is.

Arguably, upload FDD CA isn't that important since it usually has plenty of capacity. TDD is where upload is hindered, so it would be most useful there. Hybrid FDD TDD CA will also really help uploads, assuming that FDD is the PCC.

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

Yup. I don't think that FDD upload CA is available on any Qualcomm modems yet. But B41 TDD upload CA is. So presumably that's what this is.

Arguably, upload FDD CA isn't that important since it usually has plenty of capacity. TDD is where upload is hindered, so it would be most useful there. Hybrid FDD TDD CA will also really help uploads, assuming that FDD is the PCC.

I think I meant to quote tyroned... haha. But yes, agree. And so far all of the CA configurations I have seen show the FDD carrier as the PCC when mixing FDD and TDD. 

10 minutes ago, though said:

Can someone tell me if these speeds are UL 2CA? This is the Pixel 2 XL.

Screenshot_20180814-082929.png

Your one of the few here that can actually run Network Signal Guru! This will allow us to see QAM details, MIMO, CA etc..

. Unfortunately, it will require root access.

BTW, by your speedtest id guess no, not CA UL. But need Engineering screen to confirm.

23 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Your one of the few here that can actually run Network Signal Guru! This will allow us to see QAM details, MIMO, CA etc..

. Unfortunately, it will require root access.

BTW, by your speedtest id guess no, not CA UL. But need Engineering screen to confirm.

My post was meant as satire. The serious question is, does the Pixel 1, 2 (or both) support 2x CA UL?

9 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

OH WOW! Totally expected Samsung to be the first! But I guess LG needs this alot more than Samsung does...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-and-lg-working-together-to-bring-first-5g-smartphone-to-us-in-first-half-2019.htm

Figured it would be one of the two companies but I'm not certain it'll be a flagship. Just like the HTC Bolt was Sprint's first gigabit LTE capable device, this could easily be a mid-range device that has 5G capability as its main selling point. Even Samsung mentioned that the S10 won't be its first 5G capable device.