Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

This is an interesting turn of events and I think there is going to be a different announcement, such as a network sharing agreement with T-Mobile and possibly Dish getting involved.

Is there an easy to understand "How To" for buying shares online?  I've been wanting to get at least $1,000 worth of Sprint, just to get my feet wet, but have no idea where to start online :(.  I know fees are involved, but which one will cost me the least in fees and such?  Is E*Trade good?  Scottrade?

This is an interesting turn of events and I think there is going to be a different announcement, such as a network sharing agreement with T-Mobile and possibly Dish getting involved.

Is there an easy to understand "How To" for buying shares online? I've been wanting to get at least $1,000 worth of Sprint, just to get my feet wet, but have no idea where to start online :(. I know fees are involved, but which one will cost me the least in fees and such? Is E*Trade good? Scottrade?

Charles Schwab is the friendliest of the bunch that will speak to you in plain English.

And they're smart enough to give you the tools to learn for yourself, of what to do, and what not to do.

Edited by EmeraldReporter
  • Like 3

I had always felt this pursuit of T-Mobile was a giant distraction and waste of time for SoftBank and Sprint. Even without all the other mergers waiting for FCC review, this one would have been hard to justify to the public and get through. I am happy to see that Son and the board are no longer in denial about that and are moving on.

I am sorry to see Hesse go though. I think that he has overall done a pretty good job, and it is irritating to see anyone let go right after they've signed a big contract. He's certainly not so bad that Sprint couldn't keep him until the end of his contract rather than wasting millions on a new CEO.

Perhaps now they can use some of the money that would have gone to DT to pick up USCC, outbid the duopoly for spectrum, or just save it to help them endure lower margins if forced to cut prices over the short-term.

• Like 7

I know some people are glad this is over. I know this group doesn't exactly have a bunch of blackberry users in it, but there was a fear of if Legere took over that he would lose the blackberry contact on here like he did with tmobile back in April and sprint does have a bunch of blackberry users.

I had always felt this pursuit of T-Mobile was a giant distraction and waste of time for SoftBank and Sprint. Even without all the other mergers waiting for FCC review, this one would have been hard to justify to the public and get through. I am happy to see that Son and the board are no longer in denial about that and are moving on.

I am sorry to see Hesse go though. I think that he has overall done a pretty good job, and it is irritating to see anyone let go right after they've signed a big contract. He's certainly not so bad that Sprint couldn't keep him until the end of his contract rather than wasting millions on a new CEO.

Perhaps now they can use some of the money that would have gone to DT to pick up USCC, outbid the duopoly for spectrum, or just save it to help them endure lower margins if forced to cut prices over the short-term.

Sums up my feelings very well. As long as the new CEO isn't a clown, I will be happy.

Add a USCC deal and I will be really happy!

• Like 3

Get lte nv 1.0 done by end year and finish 800 be great start . This should been finish year ago or end 2013 . Dan hesse execution failed.good bye . Hope they get beast for next ceo.

• Like 1

Is there an easy to understand "How To" for buying shares online?  I've been wanting to get at least $1,000 worth of Sprint, just to get my feet wet, but have no idea where to start online :(.  I know fees are involved, but which one will cost me the least in fees and such?  Is E*Trade good?  Scottrade?

I use Scottrade, but mostly for convenience. They have several branches nearby. They've been good for me so far. However, I don't think they're that good for purchasing shares over the internet. I think that there are lots of prerequisites. (Of course, insert stocks advice disclaimer here) Regardless, now is a good time to buy if you never have before, IMHO. Be prepared for possible further lowering of price short-term, though.

• Like 1

I know some people are glad this is over. I know this group doesn't exactly have a bunch of blackberry users in it, but there was a fear of if Legere took over that he would lose the blackberry contact on here like he did with tmobile back in April and sprint does have a bunch of blackberry users.

What black berry users? I work in a top 200 store and we only sold a few in the last 2 years and haven't had anyone ask about them since they disappeared out of the stores. Hell i don't even see them come in for service and repair or when people are upgrading.
  • Like 2

What black berry users? I work in a top 200 store and we only sold a few in the last 2 years and haven't had anyone ask about them since they disappeared out of the stores. Hell i don't even see them come in for service and repair or when people are upgrading.

Most businesses buy the phones thru there business accounts which gets sent to them by FedEx, UPS, and postal service which hardly ever see customers come into a store to pick them up.

Dish is supposedly working with the French company to get their approval to go through http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/rumor-mill-iliad-working-dish-cox-charter-and-others-improve-t-mobile-bid/2014-08-05

True...but it would only fly if Charlie's in charge..

If charlie gets a good deal from Softbank he is in.

Maybe, thats masas plan... Dish gets in on Tmo - no fed problems dish/sprint sign some network share agreement-

If iilad/dish buy Tmo would they have cash for the 600auction?

I use Scottrade, but mostly for convenience. They have several branches nearby. They've been good for me so far. However, I don't think they're that good for purchasing shares over the internet. I think that there are lots of prerequisites. (Of course, insert stocks advice disclaimer here) Regardless, now is a good time to buy if you never have before, IMHO. Be prepared for possible further lowering of price short-term, though.

I have been using Scotrade since 2006 and exclusively trade online, even doing some trades on my mobile phone last year when I was stuck on a farm without a computer.

Agree that everybody should buy Sprint shares tomorrow if it opens below $7.

• Like 1

Interesting .... Apparently Marcelo Claure is one of the money guys financing the MLS expansion team in Miami (with David Beckham)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-23/beckham-s-950-million-man-claure-offers-miami-new-stadium-plan.html

If he wanted a MLS team closer to KC, I'd gladly take one here in St. Louis. :)

Interesting .... Apparently Marcelo Claure is one of the money guys financing the MLS expansion team in Miami (with David Beckham)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-23/beckham-s-950-million-man-claure-offers-miami-new-stadium-plan.html

Nah he can just invest in Sporting :P

• Like 1

I assume KC isn't in SB's master plan.

Most businesses buy the phones thru there business accounts which gets sent to them by FedEx, UPS, and postal service which hardly ever see customers come into a store to pick them up.

I work at a fortune 100 company that ditched Blackberry as a corporate-issue phone this past FY. We now are an iPhone 5C enterprise... The great BBY death spiral has been going on for a while now...

• Like 5