Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

Has anyone noticed that Sprint has not spend any SoftBank money yet?

We would still be at a good pace without SoftBank.

I bet the new CEO is hand-picked by Masa, and installed to execute the vision with that SoftBank cash. The next year is going to be full-tilt boogie, you guys!

Maybe Sprint is not going to buy T-Mobile, but maybe they are going to merge the networks.  Dish may also be coming.   This could be very big without the merger distraction. A way to go around the regulators.

• Like 3

Let them! Cox, Charter, and Dish are going to want to see profits immediately and that Uncarrier business is going to cut it. 

However, they'll have more ready access to backhaul in select areas.

• Like 2

Let them! Cox, Charter, and Dish are going to want to see profits immediately and that Uncarrier business is going to cut it.

However, they'll have more ready access to backhaul in select areas.

Prices are going to go up. If anything, they already are for data guzzling customers.

• Like 1

"New Sprint CEO Named --- John Saw; promises to bring 8T8R TDD-LTE not only to all of Sprints network but also partner networks as well to make ubiquitous Band 41 coverage throughout the USA and rip the duopoly from their throne within 2 years"

*dreams*

• Like 20

"New Sprint CEO Named --- John Saw; promises to bring 8T8R TDD-LTE not only to all of Sprints network but also partner networks as well to make ubiquitous Band 41 coverage throughout the USA and rip the duopoly from their throne within 2 years"

*dreams*

I am totally, completely, absolutely okay with that.

Edit: Wait, what? You're lying about that??! Don't pull my wires like that!!!

Edited by EmeraldReporter
  • Like 4

*dreams*

Likeable Johnny!

• Like 1

Sprint might get a vocal Legere type personality. As much as I hate Legere, someone like him would help change network perception very quickly. Masa is cleaning house!

Couldn't have said it better. 

Here is something that will make your day, on T-Mobile news, the fan boys are glad that the deal is off, bit pissed that it wasn't official and that there are no break up f fees.

• Like 9

Wow this is good news. Son can turn Sprint into a beast. With the money he was putting towards the merger he can throw that into Sprints network. Then with the announcement of the replacement of Hesse. This is pure movement. But if all this is true that I guess Son is going to haul a**...playtime is now over...Sprint will no longer be "joke" carrier.

• Like 8

Sprint might get a vocal Legere type personality. As much as I hate Legere, someone like him would help change network perception very quickly. Masa is cleaning house!

Sprint needs an hard axx to be the new CEO to be a nasty nightmare after all high level managers and watch them every single day to make them work harder and harder.

• Like 1

Best news all day!  Focus on your own network!

Sprint buying up US Cellular would make more sense.  Do they have any needed spectrum?  (That's for another thread..)

Down 16% right now in after hours trading.

In kind of sad about Dan Hesse but i feel his time was up. I feel he did what he needed to do to keep Sprint alive and he will truly be missed.

I hope the new CEO is younger and more energetic, and very passionate. Not like Legere though

• Like 5

Wow this is good news. Son can turn Sprint into a beast. With the money he was putting towards the merger he can throw that into Sprints network. Then with the announcement of the replacement of Hesse. This is pure movement. But if all this is true that I guess Son is going to haul a**...playtime is now over...Sprint will no longer be "joke" carrier.

Posts like this are somewhat inaccurate (and I'm not calling you out derrph, I've read several posts with the same sentiment already in this thread). We need to be clear on this. A good chunk of the financing for buying T-Mobile was going to come contingent on and for the buyout. Expanding the network was never an either you expand or buy T-Mobile.

• Like 6

Let me guess the new CEO.

I think the guy could be the one they just hired from google. Softbank USA announced his job last month.

I think Softbank has been working on PLAN B of this merger for a while.

• Like 2

Sprint definitely needs a new CEO to kickstart this Network Vision plan.  Dan Hesse was ok in coming up with the idea of Network Vision but the execution has been frankly poor the last 1.5 years.  Honestly they need a CEO like Legere who is not afraid to go toe to toe with the big 2 and now with Tmobile.